LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: 428pm] #325897 09/10/08 03:06 AM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
My first link was for the game. I now see that I forgot my second link in the first post and it is now too late to do anything about it... Well...here is the link I forgot http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/c-videos.asp#pamvid

Watch the one by Pamela Anderson.

Last edited by CRAZYOTAKU; 09/10/08 03:10 AM. Reason: forgot link

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #325900 09/10/08 03:38 AM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I just....omg.

I am sickened. omg. That was awful.
I almost threw up when they were throwing them against the wall.
I don't know what to say.....

This is just another good reason why I don't buy meat commercially. I buy it from farms for a reason.

I eat meat, and I recognise that an animal gave it's life for me, and I respect that. I would NEVER treat an animal that way. My mother grew up on a farm, we had chicken growing up. She would KILL me if I ever thought I could pay any disrespect to any animal.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: 428pm] #325903 09/10/08 03:41 AM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
I know, right? I highly recommend that everyone who hasn't seen the video to watch it.

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #326037 09/10/08 07:31 PM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
The best chicken to get is free range, organically fed chickens, preferably from small local farmers who usually treat their animals in a more humane manner than factory farms. Yes it is more expensive but most Americans eat more meat than is really necessary. Even my local supermarket now has some organic meat and Costco sells organic chickens

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Cetan] #326040 09/10/08 07:36 PM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
what does organic mean exactly?

I buy my chicken from a locl farmer, because I know (as I can see) how he treats the animals.

They live in a large, clean pen, roam free within it, have food as they would like in big 2litre pop bottles turned upside down, so that they spill out as they eat it.

They have fresh CLEAN water, and are allowed to grow normally.

They are killed humanely, and quickly. And are handled gently.

Can the same be said for organic? Or does it simply mean that they aren't fed hormones?

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: 428pm] #326074 09/10/08 10:49 PM
CassandraM_89 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I just can't bring myself to watch the video...I can't even watch animals killing other animals in the wild so..I'll just leave THAT be. About the chicken thing, I never knew about this...My boyfriends family has some sort of chicken at least 3 times a week but I WILL tell Mrs Marquez about this and I'm sure if she knows she won't buy KFC anymore and if she does I'm not gonna eat it...I don't want food where the animal had to suffer needlessly...

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CassandraM_89] #326077 09/10/08 11:18 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
I am sick now, that is all I can say. I'm just sick!

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CassandraM_89] #326083 09/10/08 11:39 PM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
Originally Posted By: progek
I just can't bring myself to watch the video...I can't even watch animals killing other animals in the wild so..I'll just leave THAT be. About the chicken thing, I never knew about this...My boyfriends family has some sort of chicken at least 3 times a week but I WILL tell Mrs Marquez about this and I'm sure if she knows she won't buy KFC anymore and if she does I'm not gonna eat it...I don't want food where the animal had to suffer needlessly...

It is hard to watch and made me sick as well...If you can't stomach the movie, I suggest that you play the game that I linked to on the first post. It will provide you with all the info that you need. I only chose to watch the movie because I feel that you need to actually see it to realize how bad it is.

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #326088 09/11/08 12:03 AM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Organic means they are not fed hormones or antibiotics, most organic are also cage free and treated humanely but it is no guarantee which is why I think it is best to get it from a local farmer who treats them humanely.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Cetan] #327332 09/17/08 01:38 AM
L
Lady78 Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Posted by Cetan:

"most organic are also cage free and treated humanely but it is no guarantee"

I am glad you pointed this out because I have hear many misconceptions about the meaning of organic. Many people think that organic automatically means that the animals were treated humanely which is not true.

I personally just try to stay away from all meat.

Last edited by Lady78; 09/17/08 01:39 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Parakeet kicking other one
by Lausack - 08/31/20 10:36 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site