LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Lady78] #325218 09/08/08 12:15 AM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
I only buy eggs from farms I have personally visited and approved of. It's easy for me to do this because I live in upstate NY.

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #325512 09/08/08 11:54 PM
L
Lady78 Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
post by Crazyotaku:
"I only buy eggs from farms I have personally visited and approved of."

That is a good idea.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Lady78] #325532 09/09/08 01:12 AM
Jessica Rawks Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
We eat KFC occasionally, like maybe twice a year. I love their mashed potatoes and slaw, but am not really impressed with their chicken, and not only because of their cruel practices.

As for eggs, I buy Eggland's Best Organic eggs, which are cage free. Eggland's regular eggs, the ones in the white carton, are from caged hens, however. Unfortunately, where I normally shop, which is Food Lion, only has a small selection of egg options, so that's why I choose that particular brand.

Banquet chicken, the frozen stuff in a box, also practices cruel habits as far as their chickens go, too.

Have you ever gotten a chicken leg and the bone is broken? A high percentage of the time it's caused by abusive conditions during their raising or slaughtering. They feed meat chickens an extremely high fat diet, causing them to be so heavy that their legs can no longer hold them up.

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Jessica Rawks] #325540 09/09/08 01:31 AM
L
Lady78 Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Post by Ima_Starr:
"They feed meat chickens an extremely high fat diet, causing them to be so heavy that their legs can no longer hold them up."

This is also because of all of the hormones that they inject into these poor chickens.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Lady78] #325566 09/09/08 03:07 AM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
The video I linked to actually goes through all these facts. It's horrible...

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #325672 09/09/08 06:08 PM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I didn't know the kfc treated animals inhumanely.

I don't eat their food, basically because they actually have fought governments that want to enforce a zero trans fat policy.

I don't eat trans fat, and I certainly do not eat the processed, chemical filled, greasy filth that they pass off as food.

The fact that they are cruel to the animals that give their life for our sustenance is just further proff that the company has no regard and respect for life, and anyone in it.

BTW....If you are serious about boycotting this company, be is known that they are owned by twinhut corp.

Which means, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC are all owned by the same company. If you truly feel strongly enough that you do not want to give profits to a company with such blantant disregard to health and life, than I would suggest not patronizing any of those 3 establishments.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: Jessica Rawks] #325726 09/09/08 08:13 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
[quote=PDM]I have been getting more and more concerned about the welfare of many of the chickens sold for our consumption.[/quote] Me, too. I have been boycotting KFC but I am not sure what to do, in terms of buying chicken to cook... [quote=428pm]Which means, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC are all owned by the same company. If you truly feel strongly enough that you do not want to give profits to a company with such blantant disregard to health and life, than I would suggest not patronizing any of those 3 establishments.[/quote] This is a very interesting point... [quote=Ima_StarrĀ®] They feed meat chickens an extremely high fat diet, causing them to be so heavy that their legs can no longer hold them up.[/quote] This is precisely the issue with geese and ducks (in many areas) --- they make them super-fat in order to make better pate de foie gras -- super-fatty liver spread. There was recently a big uproar in Chicago about this, because it's hideously cruel to the animals since they're basically not allowed to move and have fatty foods rammed down their throats. First, the Chicago City Council banned foie gras, then they rescinded the law, because, surprisingly, the lobby for haute cuisine is larger than the animal rights lobby. (As appalling as the treatment of geese and ducks is, I do feel that all that energy, time, and money would have been better spent on laws to help the homeless, abused children, health care, etc. Perhaps the lesson is that lobbyists for the latter should learn from the elite restauranteurs?)

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: ] #325756 09/09/08 09:10 PM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
It's probably better for you to not eat at those places anyhow. They aren't exactly healthy, no one is missing ANYTHING by not eating that 'food'

I believe that animals are food, but I also believe that they are giving their life for ours, and should be shown the respect and care that deserves.

The things I have learned from this thread disgust me.

Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: 428pm] #325894 09/10/08 03:00 AM
C
CRAZYOTAKU Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
C
I take it you watched the video I linked to then?

-Taishi
Re: Do you still eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken? [Re: CRAZYOTAKU] #325896 09/10/08 03:02 AM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I researched it some more on my own. I clicked a link, but it was just for a videogame?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Parakeet kicking other one
by Lausack - 08/31/20 10:36 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site