Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I want another keet #322836 08/28/08 01:09 PM
K
KateHas1Keet Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I want another keet to put with skipper but I dont know what kind to get. I saw one at petsmart that my dad said was an english budgie but I need to know if I can put him with skipper or not. My mom said the vet told her skipper was a male so will two males fight if I dont have a female with them? Or if the new one is female will a english budgie breed with a reg budgie? this one is alot bigger than skipper. thank you for any help you can give.

Re: I want another keet [Re: KateHas1Keet] #322843 08/28/08 01:29 PM
Jasper's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Hmm...don't know about putting an english keet with a reg one. I do know that they are alot bigger, and oh so beautiful smile

Re: I want another keet [Re: Jasper's mom] #322847 08/28/08 01:36 PM
K
KateHas1Keet Offline OP
OP Offline
K
yeah the one I want is so cute he is white and green wings and has bluish tints in his tail.

Re: I want another keet [Re: KateHas1Keet] #322868 08/28/08 02:22 PM
Nancy30 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
you can put a english with a reg budgie and yes they can breed...thats why some people on here have half english budgies. they are bigger tho. have you posted pics of skip yet?? we love pics lol.

A person has one sense of humor and two legs. its better to lose a leg.
Re: I want another keet [Re: Nancy30] #322875 08/28/08 04:02 PM
O
OC Mommy Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
O
Yes you can mix the 2... yes 2 males are fine together...2 males is recommended if you don't want any breeding suprises. Although, many have male and females together too. You just don't want to ever out number females to males or the females will fight over the males. I have 3 males together. 2 are English, and 1 is a standard keet. See my pic below .....

Re: I want another keet [Re: OC Mommy] #322877 08/28/08 04:27 PM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
welcome to the forum.yes you can mix the two.the english and the regular budgie.you can have two males together with one female,but not two females with one male.the females might fight injurying each other badly.the english is a cute budgie with its push in face and is much larger then the regular budgie.as long as it two male you will be fine.check our lisa forum for hand training many members have found it very helpful.good luck.my personnal opinion wait until you have the first one train before getting a second bird unless you going to keep them in sep room until after training.the reason for this is you want the bird to bond with you and not each other first.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: I want another keet [Re: big bad momma] #322881 08/28/08 05:36 PM
lovesbudgies Offline
Companion
Companion
Just make sure to quarantine the new bird for the bird you have for 30-45 days. here is a link on Quarantining new birds.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art6433.asp

Re: I want another keet [Re: KateHas1Keet] #322885 08/28/08 05:59 PM
Tanaka Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b]For me, the down side of an English budgie is its short life span. :( The average lifespan of an “American” parakeet is around 14 years or more, whereas an “English” budgie is expected to live about 7 or 8 years (due to inbreeding). :o If Skipper is a young parakeet, I might recommend an “American” parakeet only because it would be so sad for him to lose his new friend midway through his life. :cry: (Just a consideration.)[/b][/size] :blush:

Peace & Happiness
Re: I want another keet [Re: Tanaka] #322895 08/28/08 08:11 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I have both English and American parakeets and they all get along just fine. Actually my males get along with each other better than the females do. So yes two males are just fine.
Right now I have a pair that is 1/2 English the female and the male is American and they are going to have a clutch. The female who is 1/2 English has none of the traits of an English and she is no bigger than an American keet. And like everyone said you have to keep them apart and it should be in seperate rooms.

My name is Connie

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site