Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32205 11/15/05 04:52 AM
Bobbie's Mommy Offline
Companion
Companion
If you look at both Esso and Bobbie, you'll notice what beautiful long flight feathers they have. Deebo will get his, too. Then he'll be able to fly.

Bobbie's Mommy
Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32206 11/15/05 06:08 AM
J
Jazziered Offline
Regular
Regular
J
I love gus.. Where did you get those toys on the table?? I want some sooo bad for my babies....

Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32207 11/15/05 03:52 PM
adieu Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
jazziered. i hope gus does not mind me answering for her - but you can order them on line from petco - search for foot toys, then get the small ones for keets - they are fun, and inexpensive

chance favors the prepared mind.
Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32208 11/15/05 04:38 PM
I Love Gus & Milo Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
smile no prob Esso laugh Yeah, that is where I got them (there is 2 per pack) but I have a Pet co in town so I didn't have to go far laugh Hope yor keet likes them... Gus fell in love in about 30 seconds.. it was cute, but I had to touch them first before he wanted too. laugh

Lauren & Gus
Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32209 11/16/05 02:10 AM
DeebosMom Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Its so funny, just today I went to the pet store for supplies for Deebo and I fell in love w/ a second bird (he was a purplish/blue-smoke color, georgeous!) However, I thought it best to wait until Deebo is more settled, even though I wanted that little baby so bad!

I am a little worried about Deebo's progress. He wont give me a second before trying to run from me. I tried to feed him millet but he's too busy running from me to notice. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm scared he won't come around. I've been so good not to take him out of the cage yet, but I'm getting anxious!

Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32210 11/16/05 02:49 AM
I Love Gus & Milo Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I know, i know... but you have to be patient. the best way is to pur your hands in the cage alot. arange the seed cup here and there, play with his toys ect. once he learns that your hands are not the enemy he will calm sown. Also.... let Deebo nibble on millet, and after he has aquired the taste for it put some in your hand (or hold it in your fingers and let it dangle) and let him eat from that. it usually helps them to love your hands if they have a REASON to love your hands laugh Be strong.... it will get better. a month ago I was worried that Gus would never stay on my finger, now he loves to sit on our fingers. 2 weeks ago I was bummed he owuld not stay on our sholders, and now he will sit there for 45 minutes laugh You stuggle at times for what seems forever and then one day POOF! it works and they do what you want. I would really strongly adivse agagint getting another keet, becasue then you will have the same isues but times 2, and Deebo may never truly bond with you if he has another keet to play with laugh Good luck!!

Lauren & Gus
Re: Deebo Can't Fly! #32211 11/16/05 04:06 AM
DeebosMom Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Thanks, thats just what I needed to hear! I'm definitely going to try the tips. I think I've been making too much of a production when I change his food and try the training once daily. I'm going to aproach the cage and him a little more frequently and spontaneously.

Today I put up a new perch and ladder and changed his food/water while he ran around dodging me. He fell into his water dish and got his tail wet and has been looking kind of depressed ever since. I sang to him for a little while and that seemed to help him relax. One day at a time, I guess. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Expert NFL Survivor Pool Advice Tips Picks Week 5
by John Short, Jr - 07/18/22 07:13 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site