Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: ] #319636 08/15/08 04:23 AM
B
B1RD Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
B
I'm in the middle. I did some research, but not enough! I couldn't wait anymore and bought the wrong cage and food. Now, I'm stuck with a cage with vertical bars and I still can't find a pellet/nugget she will eat. But she will gobble any seed you give her!

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: B1RD] #319637 08/15/08 04:26 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
whats wrong with vertical bars ?

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: ] #319661 08/15/08 04:50 AM
H
heidir Offline
H
that was a wonderful post. I have 4 keets and love them so much. i do not have kids because i can't due to medical reasons, but my keets and my fish are my children. if anything happened to them i would be devastated. i take really good care of them. and they are veryb happy. i give them everything i can and lots and i mean LOTS of TLC. they love it. although i think skye might be a girl, unsure at this point.

Last edited by heidir; 08/15/08 04:52 AM.

my baby girl-keisha
my baby boys-snowy,skye and jayden
Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: heidir] #319714 08/15/08 01:10 PM
C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
Very good post, I just finally came across it. I've been so behind lately. smile I agree that as with all rules, SOME people who buy a pet on a whim can make it work. The one thing everyone here has in common, is that either before or after the purchase of their keet, they clearly researched the birds needs or they wouldn't be here on this forum.

I bought Aruba on a whim also though I have had keets before so I was not TOTALLY in the dark. As I said above, obviously I started the research after the purchase.

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: ] #319716 08/15/08 01:14 PM
slcpunk Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Caribbean mom, the keets look so happy in that picture! Aruba really took to the new birds quickly. Are they all coming along good?

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: slcpunk] #319722 08/15/08 01:28 PM
Kimash Offline
Companion
Companion
All:

Yes, indeed. The bottom line is to be a responsible pet owner. I rescued my bird and it was somewhat of a spontaneous--but heartfelt--action. I didn't know much before I went to pick her up, but I knew I had to save this little bird who had been treated so bad that it broke my heart. One year later here she is right now singing and dancing. She still is not hand trained and I still haven't taken her to a vet (because I can't catch her yet . . .). But she has a big cage--actually, huge cage--music, light, good food, and love/appreciation. I will get her to the vet soon. And thanks to this web site, I now know a lot more about these wonderful creatures. And I am grateful.

Thanks.

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: Kimash] #319726 08/15/08 01:57 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I have to say I soooo agree with this post. NO animal is "disposable"! They are all living, breathing, feeling creatures who need RESPONSIBLE owners. They don't have the ability to tell you what they need or want so it is up to YOU as their "parent" to make sure you know how to care for them. I don't even have my keet yet (hopefully he/she will be ready this weekend!) and I've done so much research my head is swimming with info. Alot of it from this forum.:)*Thanks everyone for answering all my "stupid" questions.The way I look at it is if you don't know something- ask someone who does! And as far as not having money for a vet visit if my pet was sick I would beg borrow or steal to get the proper care for them.There is absolutely no excuse for letting an animal suffer. Ya know what really kills me is when someone gets a pet thinking how great it will be, then when the newness wears off they end up pretty much ignoring it. UGHH! I hate that! And I really hate the people that get a dog and end up tying it up in the yard 24/7. What kind of life is that?? Our animals need love and affection just like people do.They didn't choose to be born and they don't get to choose their owners. And if they had a choice do ya really think these small animals ie:birds mice, hamsters,lizards etc. would choose to live their entire life in a cage? No, I think NOT so it's up to us to give them the most fulfilling life possible! So anyway, no animal no matter how big, small, or expensive is disposable. They are ALL special.

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: kksuns] #320165 08/16/08 08:32 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Agree 100%... (BTW: I have never seen a "stupid" question on this forum. In my opinion, if someone has the sense to ask a question in order to see others' responses, then she/he is searching for info, which is great!)

Re: Budgies are NOT dispoasable birds!!! [Re: ] #320831 08/19/08 06:26 AM
Blaze Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I agree with that fact that people shouldn't just give up their pets just because they got them on a whim. I got two of my birds that way, I rescued them from people how didn't want them anymore. Though I work in a pet store and this is one of the reasons I really hate my job sometimes. I work mostly with fish... the other day i had this guy tell me he wasn't going to buy a bigger bowl for his betta because "my son will kill it anyway". I thought to myself "first then why are you getting it and secondly why is a five year old kid taking care of a fish to begin with and lastly what a great thing to teach your kid." Sadly we get a good number of people like that. I really hate working with most of the public when it comes to selling animals.

~Blaze
Birds:
Kazu, Jazz, and Kodi
Cats:
Pebbles, Blaze, Curtis, Leo and Capizo.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Freemasons and the Da Vinci Code
by EVA21SA - 01/18/21 07:40 AM
Total Freedom
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:52 AM
Matthew 12:40
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:45 AM
What does this dream mean?
by vicyclethree - 01/14/21 06:57 PM
Bravo
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
Confused about direct descendent (spoilers)
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
One male has mated two females...
by EVA21SA - 12/22/20 09:07 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site