Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Return with a new Bird, Sandy (Photos) #319799 08/15/08 04:55 PM
Blaze Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Hello all, I don't know if any of you remember me it has been ages since I was last here. I joined about three years ago when I got my first bird. Kazuki aka Kazu for short.

Here is a picture I just took of him, he is so hyper today and would sit still for very long. He is too interested in watching my new bird. He likes to eat at the same time as my new bird. Their cages are about four inches apart. Kazu is helping my new bird adjust to his new home. I wish I had more current pictures of Kazu, but he is getting worse and worse about getting a photo of, it takes me hours sometimes to get anything decent. His little hyper butt won't sit still longer than two seconds, he loves to play and play.

Then about a year an a half ago I got another bird, a Sun Conure named Jazz. I got her DNA tested by the way to know what she is. She likes to talk my head off. She isn't too thrilled about our new addition, but it hasn't even been a day yet, she will get used to him. Kazu and her like to talk back and forth all day long. She says things like "Good Night", "Come On", and "Kiss Kiss". Kazu also says "Come On" and "Good Night". I got her from a lady that never socialized her very much and at times she can be hard to handle. She hates the vet, so I tend to go there only when I have to. She loves to give kisses too. I have a few more current photos of her. She isn't as hard as Kazu, but I have to make sure she isn't too scared of the camera. Though I can't seem to remember where I put that memory card, so the first one i took this morning and the second is over a year old, so she still has a lot of her green feathers.

I haven't resized it so here is a link to it Jazz

Then finally my new bird is a Cockatiel. I just got him yesterday, and I have no idea how old he is. I was at work yesterday when someone came in asking if someone wanted a Cockatiel. I told her I would ask my mother, truthfully I didn't think I was going to get another bird until I moved out. Though she said yes and so the lady told me she would bring him up later. She told me he is friendly and used to talk, but hasn't for about a year. She rescued him from a family. She said he is terrified of children because their two year old used to bang on his cage. She gave him to me in a tiny little cage, and I have an extra nice cage, but I don't want to move him just yet, until he is a little more comfortable here. His name is Sandy, and I am not sure how well he knows it, so I might change it I am not sure. I just spent the last two hours talking to him and he is already giving me kisses. He seems to really like Kazu, but Jazz and him are still watching each other, which is good. Though just a little while ago him and Jazz were eating at the same time. I don't think he is used to such a loud bird. Other than that he seems to be doing okay. Though he has one health problem that I know of. The reason the family gave him up is because he got stuck in their ceiling fan and got hurt fairly badly. The vet told his rescuer that he isn't responding to treatments with medicine so there isn't anything they can do for him, but his liver is damaged. Though all we can do for him is take the best care of him possible until he dies, which could be years from now no one knows, he just occasionally get runny poop. He is eating and drinking really well for me. I think he will be a great bird and maybe Jazz and Kazu can get him to talk again, cause he hasn't since he got hurt.

~Blaze
Birds:
Kazu, Jazz, and Kodi
Cats:
Pebbles, Blaze, Curtis, Leo and Capizo.
Re: The Return with a new Bird, Sandy (Photos) [Re: Blaze] #319830 08/15/08 05:54 PM
Blaze Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
I wonder if I should have posted this on the other pets board, I wasn't too sure. Oh well.

~Blaze
Birds:
Kazu, Jazz, and Kodi
Cats:
Re: The Return with a new Bird, Sandy (Photos) [Re: Blaze] #319964 08/16/08 02:56 AM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
This area of the forum is fine. smile And I remember you. You posted about getting Jazz last time I saw you post. I love Jazz's colors and she sounds like a great bird. So does Kazu! Anyway, that's so sad what happened to Sandy and it's great that you took him in.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: The Return with a new Bird, Sandy (Photos) [Re: Stephen] #319979 08/16/08 03:05 AM
Blaze Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thanks and yes that was the last time I was here. Glad someone remembers me.

~Blaze
Birds:
Kazu, Jazz, and Kodi
Cats:
Re: The Return with a new Bird, Sandy (Photos) [Re: Blaze] #320062 08/16/08 12:42 PM
Codyman23 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i just got a cockatiel too!, i got mine on i think sat or tues :P

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site