LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: If you have a YouTube account report this person [Re: The_Zookeeper] #319620 08/15/08 03:31 AM
suzzie Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
i just read this whole thread and let me start with, that ever one is making good points on both sides..but im sorry i have to agree that well some times feeding a snake something alive is the only way. and also why is feeding it a parakeet any different from feeding it a mouse. bouth are pets and bouth are what snakes eat in the wild, maybe not a parakeet persay but a small bird like parakeets. i love my parakeets and could never hurt them, but i know people who have mice that thik the same way about them..but that fact is some snakes will ONLY eat it if its alive, and if it dont eat then it dies..so then you have to ask. which life counts more the mice or parakeet or the snake. to me they are all as great as the next, which is why i dont have a snake. and well probably never have one...i know people with snakes who invite people over to watch the feedings.. to them its like watching a nature show , but they get to see it in real life..... also my family hunts..they kill dears.. i love dears they are cute and sweet, but the shot them.. i know this. i dont think any different of them because they are hunters..so why would i look down on some one who feeds there snake a mice or if there is nothing else and the snake has to eat a parakeet...its sad to think of but its just how it is and it dont make that person a bad person...but i also agree the movie was not made good, but if it didnt have the all the back ground noise and juust the snake eating a parakeet, would i think it is a bad movie, then no... its no different then seeing some one feed a lion a dear..or watching my uncles shot a dear...it just life...dont hate me for what i say or think. k

Re: If you have a YouTube account report this person [Re: The_Zookeeper] #319623 08/15/08 03:50 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
Quote:
but what the heck do you think that last hamburger you ate was made out of?!?!

lool zoo, i get what ur saying, but dont assume!!! i know i dont eat meat for this EXACT reason, the thought of me benefiting from another beings suffering makes my stomach turn !!! i was vegan for years, but just couldnt do it, sadly i love cheese haha and sadly i do eat chicken once in a while frown but i always feel like ive just committed some cardinal sin afterwards.

i think we are all agreeing with each other, pretty much, we just are missing the forest for the trees!

I am against snakes as pets, because people get them just to have them and have no idea how to care for them, they are one of the most neglected pets !!! and im sure you know that zoo.

specially down here where we get crazy dangerous snakes in our toilets cuz people release them into the streets when they get too big. its insane and dangerous for native species and for the human population.

I am in agreement with you that frozen is better, i dont want to know how the animal got frozen !!! but i do understand a snake is not a rabbit LMAO ... it dont eat salad for dinner .. it eats meat, it eats small animals and thats the way it is.

I think we ALL agree that the videos were disgusting and the people were mentally disturbed. If a snake absolutely needs to eat live prey to survive then thats what it must eat. but as you said zoo, most do not need it and its better that they eat frozen.

I know many who own snakes and feed it frozen mice and rats, and they thought the snake didnt like it and wuld only eat live prey so they wanted to get rid of the snake. (we at the shelter were like umm??? ok where do we put a 10 foot snake LOOL) but the vet told them to simply put the dead prey on a pole and shake it around as if it were alive and the snake will take it. and it worked like a charm !!!

then as if by some cosmic coinsidence lol ... was watching animal planet... forget which show ... but it was about a snake who was under weight. they did the pole thing shaing the dead prey and the snake began to eat and gained weight. but what exactly was the prey they were feeding it????

BIRDS !!!!!!!!!!!!

IT was not a parakeet lol ... the owner said they would sometimes feed it live chics (baby chickens) because thats all he would eat and he was severely under weight. So the vet told them, there is absolutel no nutritional value a snake will get from a small bird like a chic or a PARAKEET !!!

they then showed the owner shaking around a dead quail on a pole and the snake took it and ate it.

however ... animal planet fast forwarded through that process and didnt show it exactly. they didnt sit there filming it and laughing LMAO ... that is educational, and i was perfectly ok with that.

I do also agree with you zoo, that to watch a snake consume something is absolutel awe inpiring!!!!!! i do not like snakes, not the way you do zoo, but i do love them as a creation of this world. I dont wana hold one or own one, but i would save ones life if it came to it.

however i would rather watch that snake or lion or what ever consume its prey from the comfort of my tv, being filmed undercover in the wild LMAO... not on youtube in someones living room with a soundtrac of laughter frown

i do think this thread has gone beyond its need, we are for sure repeating ourselves and its getting old.

we really do all agree.

Re: If you have a YouTube account report this person [Re: ] #319653 08/15/08 04:42 AM
L
Lady78 Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Quote by Suzzie

"and also why is feeding it a parakeet any different from feeding it a mouse."

As I said before many of use mentioned that we are worried about all small animals.

Post by Zookeeper:

"If mother nature didnt want cute bunnies and birds to be eaten, she'd never have created snakes. it's the circle of life."

I would like to add that at the new school I work at I am expected to kill a rattle snake if I come across one that is a threat to the children. I felt bad about this and will try to avoid this and hope I do not come across one. My point is, I do not like harming any creatures.

Last edited by Lady78; 08/15/08 04:52 AM.
Re: If you have a YouTube account report this person [Re: Lady78] #319656 08/15/08 04:46 AM
L
Lady78 Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Post by helwa:

"So the vet told them, there is absolutel no nutritional value a snake will get from a small bird like a chic or a PARAKEET !!!"

Wow I did not know this. Thank you for this useful information.

Re: If you have a YouTube account report this person [Re: Lady78] #319730 08/15/08 02:04 PM
3keets Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I think the only way to stop the repetition is to say that we respectfully agree to disagree with eachothers opinion. smile

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Obesity raises Risk of Cancer
by landale - 12/01/22 11:40 AM
winter reminder for our birds
by AllanMajor - 11/27/22 06:25 PM
Mathematics tutor
by knightgael - 11/26/22 06:08 PM
Windows-Sicherheitsp
robleme

by landale - 11/26/22 02:30 PM
Jewelry Watches
by knightgael - 11/25/22 08:33 PM
Jewerly men's watch
by landale - 11/25/22 08:19 PM
How can you feed pigs inexpensively
by textekprinter - 11/25/22 02:17 AM
Help choose a gift for my brother
by knightgael - 11/24/22 01:37 PM
I want to buy a watch
by landale - 11/24/22 01:03 PM
Photo Print Sizes
by RandellHamilton - 11/23/22 04:00 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site