Regular
L
nice beautiful birds suzzie

LiveWire
Re: got 3 new birds [Re: suzzie] #319078 08/13/08 04:02 PM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Beautiful birds! How about Lovey, Beauty and Cutie.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: got 3 new birds [Re: joandboys] #319243 08/14/08 03:29 AM
suzzie Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
stormy and hope had lots of toys in there cage.. i would put one new toy in at a time to get them usto it..they hated it..they would brake them, or chew them up with in the same day.. i still add a new toy once a week trying to get them some more toys,, and still no luck...the newes toy is the colored swing...they have been trying for the past 2 days to brake it.. and have managed to brake some of it....they just dont like any toy ive tryed...they even broke there tree i made along time ago...its crazy..so thats why it dont look like they have alot of toys,, i just cant keep up with them braking them frown......... they love there ladder and old swing and there little mirror ,oh and the kids big lego toy ...any help with that well help also....oh and the bat parakeet is breeding and has tryed every way to get my boys to look at her..she stays on the side of the cage by my boy parakeets and well move where they are..its soo funny.. that little hussy lol...if i get a big big cage, the kind that is as big as one of my walls (which is what i want) well the boys and girls mate? if so does that mean i have to keep them apart allways.....oh and no they are not hand trained....the person didnt know they could be trained....but im going to work on training them a another week or two..... and the love bird and allmost all white parakeet clean and sit by each other all the time lol and the love bird trys to grom the parakeet too its cute...

Re: got 3 new birds [Re: suzzie] #319279 08/14/08 09:06 AM
Tanaka Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b]Are you sure they didn’t like the toys? :confused: It sounds like they loved them! :grin: I think it is pretty much their job to destroy the toys we give them.[/b][/size] :D

Peace & Happiness
Re: got 3 new birds [Re: Tanaka] #319302 08/14/08 01:26 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Suzzie, that's too bad that Stormy and Hope are so destructive, LOL! You're trying your best, don't worry. You should get them shredding toys. Actually you should just buy them a "Shredders" strip. It's made of natural woven pam leaves and can befound at Petco/Petsmart. It's 30 feet long and lasts a very long time. Just cut off a piece of the Shredder strip and weave it between the cage bars. Your females and the lovebird may like it as well.

Budgies sually will not breed if there are other birds in the cage with them. There are also a few things you can do to prevent breeding. You should re-arrange the cage every 1-2 months and you should take out anything that could be used as a nest such as a cozy hut, tiki hut, large bowls, etc. Then, most likely, your keets will not breed. Even if the female is in breeding mode. Good luck with everything!

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: got 3 new birds [Re: Stephen] #319606 08/15/08 02:50 AM
suzzie Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
hahaha i have to tell you what i did to day lol. i thought i would open the cage of the new birds so they could check out there new home, well i felt bad that hope and stormy was in there cage so slly me thought "hey i'll open that cage too" well lets just say after a hour of leting all 5 birds fly (stormy and hopes wings grew back ) awround my living room i desided to put them back in the cage...well for soe reason stormy and hope didnt want to get back in there cage so they ran from me..it was crazy.. i finaly got them to get on my finger after 30 min of just well madness..then the real madness started..the two girls was really easy to getback in the cage, but the love bird...man. wish some one would have told me not to let it out just yet...that bird can fly really good. and land really good. and its pertty smart, even if you get with in a foot of it it would fly to the other side in a sec. so i got a blankit and finly after a hour of this got him back in the cage.....it ws crazyness.. and the whole time i was trying to get the love bird the parakeets was cheering him on like crazy lol...what a day ...
oh so how do you tell if a love bird is a girl or boy?

Re: got 3 new birds [Re: suzzie] #319613 08/15/08 03:12 AM
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Great story Hubby was laughing laugh

Re: got 3 new birds [Re: pinksnowme] #319635 08/15/08 04:20 AM
suzzie Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
ok so i went a head and added 2 toys to hope and stormys cage..one of the toys is this odd wooden hanging thing with a bell at the bottom and a wooden heart some where in the middle of it and alot of other wooden stuff on it and a wooden place for them to site...its been in there for a few hours and the wooden place to sit at is half gone now...hope sat there and just started chewing a way..he got mad when he could not nock it down so he desided to chew it up..so that mean he likes it? im confused...the new parakeets dont do that..is it just boys that do that? is it ok that they are chewing on the wood? i dont know..its just odd.. oh yeah after reading what you guys said about them not breeding if there are other birds or nothing they can us as a nest i am plaining on making the 2 cages in to one... i can open the big doors on both cages and push them toegther to make one big cage..im waiting a week or 2 first to make sure they all get along first(mainy with the love bird) and if all go's well....do you guys think thats a good idea? still waiting on finding out how to tell if a lovebird is a boy or girl lol

Re: got 3 new birds [Re: suzzie] #319640 08/15/08 04:28 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
It usually the females that chew up everything. I will see if I can find anything on determining gender of lovebirds.

Sounds like you had an exciting day with your birds.

Re: got 3 new birds [Re: BLR] #319647 08/15/08 04:36 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I have looked on several sites and the answer is - you can't. The only way to sex a lovebird is by a DNA test.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Obesity raises Risk of Cancer
by landale - 12/01/22 11:40 AM
winter reminder for our birds
by AllanMajor - 11/27/22 06:25 PM
Mathematics tutor
by knightgael - 11/26/22 06:08 PM
Windows-Sicherheitsp
robleme

by landale - 11/26/22 02:30 PM
Jewelry Watches
by knightgael - 11/25/22 08:33 PM
Jewerly men's watch
by landale - 11/25/22 08:19 PM
How can you feed pigs inexpensively
by textekprinter - 11/25/22 02:17 AM
Help choose a gift for my brother
by knightgael - 11/24/22 01:37 PM
I want to buy a watch
by landale - 11/24/22 01:03 PM
Photo Print Sizes
by RandellHamilton - 11/23/22 04:00 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site