Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: petakillsanimals.com #155681 02/08/07 03:12 AM
fred_and_nikku_luver Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
ya! silly your exactly rite! we need them to survive!

fred- adoped from petland on 10/20/06
nikku- adopted from gccbc on febuary 16 2007 born may 2006
thx sillybirds for the awesome avatar!
Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: SillyBird] #286290 05/01/08 02:06 PM
I
IronFront Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I
bump up. Let's talk about this again.

Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: fred_and_nikku_luver] #317184 08/05/08 09:21 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: fred_and_nikku_luver
Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during 2005.

LMAO, here's the key part everyone. Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered. The animals that they spay and neuter are the ones that they know are healthy and can go to good homes. They don't spay/neuter them if they're badly injured or extremely aggresive because they know there is a high chance they will have to be put down.

Plus, if a dog is bleeding his guts out are you going to try and stitch him up first or neuter him? Therefore, the animals that they take in and try to save but die on the operating table, are considered part of that 90% of animals put down. Also, if they take in dogs that could possibly have rabies because of a bad bite the law says that they must put it down unless the owner comes to claim in within a week. Obviously, they are not going to spay or neuter those animals.

So, overall, many animals that come into any shelter or organization are going to have to be euthanized. Those that are going to be euthanized are not spayed or neutered. That happens once an animal is up for adoption or once they have been adopted. So, of the animals that PETA didn't spay or neuter, less than 10% actully survived. Likely, these pets were given to other shelters and were then spayed/neutered there. Or maybe not. Who knows. But my point is that this article is just playing with words. PETA doesn't kill 90% of the animals they take in. You've got to read carefully.

Don't even know how I came across this post, LOL.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: Stephen] #317190 08/05/08 09:40 PM
G
goatshows Offline
Regular
Regular
G
in my opion (being a farmer that wont sell animals to a home where they will be killed.)

if we need an animal for food and we are going to use all of the animal then take its life but if you are just going to kill it for no reason that is wrong.

yes i do realize that some animals need to be humanly uthinized i would do this then have it suffer.

no need and no reason = no kill.

thats my opion.

Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: goatshows] #317195 08/05/08 09:50 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
i have worked with peta for a very very long time, as with aspca.

aspca euthanizes ALOT of animals every day, so does the vet i work for. it is part of life.

if an dog comes in and he is agressive to other dogs, or to people he WILL be euthanized 9 times out of 10, once in a blue moon we get organizations willing to take the agressive dog and train them like prison programs for example. but that is rare.

we CAN NOT give an agressive dog to a family, it is unethical and can lead to injury or death to the humans, specially if they have other pets and kids.

Sometimes the animal is so badly abused or neglected that it just can not be humanely saved, and it is best to put it out of its misery. this is not an easy choice but it is neccesary.

I work at a no kill shelter, which means we do not euthanize any animal that comes to us, we do what we can to save them, get them healthy and adopt them out. some animals that are healthy do not get adopted, this is just part of the process, we have some animals that have been living at the shelter for several yrs and probally will for the rest of their lives, they live a very very good life.

however, even being a no kill shelter, we still euthanize several animals a day... for medical reasons and agression. we dont enjoy it but it has to happen.

peta i know for a FACT will save the life of ANY animal enless it is neccesary.

there is a big movement out there tryin to discredit the work that peta does, but they are failures now and will always be.

yes peta gets a bit fanatical in some of their actions, but overall they do all they can to save lives.

Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: ] #317198 08/05/08 10:02 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
From July 1998 through December 2005, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed over 14,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals."

LMAO ... so in nearly 7 and a half yrs ... they euthanized 14,400 animals ???? wow... the aspca does more way more than that !!!!!! they do that much maybe in a year (nationwide)

that is an extremly LOW number !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so lets see 365 days in a year...times 7 years plus 5 months which is 150 days equals 2705 days ... and that is NOT counting leap year and i did 30 days a month times 5 months, so some of those months have 31 days ... so im giving like 4 extra days im not even counting lol

so out of 2,705 days ... they euthanized 14,400 animals .. ok lets divide that ... that would equal thats 5.32 animals a day.

over a 7.5 yr period !!!!!!!!!!!

i will tell you first hand my vet euthanized 8 animals just yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!! and the shelter i work for euthanized 47 last week !!!!!!

both are have a strict NO KILL policy !!!!! so peta is doing a hell of a lot better job than us !!!

the animals we euthanized were very ill, and in pain and we could not heal them so they were humanely put to sleep.

at the shelter a several had rabies, some had FIV, some had serious agression.

so ya peta is doin a darn good job, considering that the animals they do get are animals that are severly abused, and neglected, sick and starved ... so the fact that they ONLY euthanze 5.32 a day is darn good !!!!!

Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: ] #317206 08/05/08 11:09 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I couldn't agree with you more, Helwa. Everything you've said.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: Stephen] #317924 08/08/08 04:22 AM
SillyBird Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Very well put Helwa! Opened my eyes. I agree with you 100%!

Peachy♥05|20|07 [lovebird]
Missy♥05|23|09 [cat]
Re: petakillsanimals.com [Re: SillyBird] #317930 08/08/08 05:08 AM
L
Lady78 Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
I agree with helwa as an ex member of Peta myself but still a supporter of Peta. Peta does not allow animals to suffer.

In addition, I would be careful about trusting the source where you got your infomation from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2xGm-9TQ10. Youtube has been under investigation by Peta for animal abuse on the internet. IMO youtube is not happy with Peta for personal and monetary reasons because Peta has protested against the abuse youtube allows.

Peta does not kill animals. There is a difference from killing and humanely euthanizing animals. You should be angry with youtube for animal abuse not Peta.

Last edited by Lady78; 08/08/08 05:18 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site