Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! #307561 07/04/08 10:26 PM
LoveMyBoys Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
It's been a year and a half now since i came home and almost fell on the floor in shock to see two birdies on my coffee table (in a cage). My husband had gotten them for me for my birthday. I was horrified because we live in a "no pets" apartment. But the landlord was willing to go with a "don't ask / don't tell" policy when my husband ran into him a couple days later. LOL, it was a good thing because the first night they just wedged a place right in my heart and i have never been the same since!!!!

I had a severe affection for animals growing up, but you know - adulthood hit. and i moved around and i went to college and i did this and that and i got married, and i forgot that i loved animals.

Until that day. The thing is, even though i had keets growing up, my dad was not a very good role model for pet care. So i didn't know too much about taking care of them.

That's where all of you come in. And that's why i want to thank all of you for all of your help, advice, laughs...that have helped me become a better mommy to Peri and Bleu.

I'm not goin anywhere, i just get really sappy and crazy when i am on my period LOL!!!

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #307589 07/05/08 02:35 AM
4Keetsn'2kids Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
blush

LOL!

It's so nice to have a place to go and be part of a community of folks with the same interest and who can give you advise and encouragement! I agree...this place it great!

I just wish my husband would like my birds as much as I do...he's so negative about them...while tolerating them...yet complaining at the same time. =) oh well, thanks everyone for loving my keets with me. =)

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: 4Keetsn'2kids] #307602 07/05/08 03:25 AM
SillyBird Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I totally agree with you! My family dosnt appreciate birds as much as I do either.. They think its 'just a bird'. Its much more than that!! I tell ya, it proves that their not the ones taking care of him and training him:P its alot of work. Almost like taking care of a dog. But, as much as it is work, its also great fun! laugh

I love this place also, everyone understands eachother and we all just have a blast smile

Peachy♥05|20|07 [lovebird]
Missy♥05|23|09 [cat]
Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: SillyBird] #307620 07/05/08 04:28 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
LMAO you crack me up gurl

its ok ... mush away:)

this site saved my birds lives for sure:) no doubt about it.

i got keets on a total whim, when i was suposed to be getting fish and i had absolutely no clue how to care for them:)

I am so happy this place found me:)

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: ] #307641 07/05/08 05:24 AM
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I love this site too. I am like ga ga over all the keet photos here. I have a bunch of friends who dont mind me telling stories of what my baby ate and drank and pooped and sang! This realy is a great site.
I also love the updated info on health. When I got here I still thought they needed grit/gravel Nope. Not needed! The list of toxic/non toxic plants and foods are a great help too. And finaly the wing clipping photos were just right what I needed.
I add my thanks to the forum too!
I think every other sentence I say now is started with ..."On my parakeet forum I saw..." LOL
Snuggles and chirps to all here smile

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: pinksnowme] #307662 07/05/08 01:51 PM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I'm also adding my thanks. I'm still relatively new with having keets. And I was a woman who believed she'd never own any type of bird in her life!

But everyone welcomed me and has helped me get my birds to being crazy, beautiful, actors on their soap opera lol.

Love you guys!

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: Darkness] #307667 07/05/08 02:27 PM
Pepperhil Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I, too, got my first keet on a whim. And even tho he doesn't care a thing about me, I have developed a love for the birds and have to resist temptation when I go to the local pet store for their food and toys.
This site is the best place to learn more about your birds and hear great stories and see such adorable pics of the clowns of the bird world.

Skipper
Popeye
SweePea
Sammy
Sascha

RIP Sawyer
Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: Pepperhil] #307760 07/05/08 08:19 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
I, too, will add my thanks here... This site has been so helpful with questions, and so supportive when I'm stressed out about any weird new Pudgie behavior!! smile

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: ] #307907 07/06/08 03:37 PM
A
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
A
I'm jumping in with my thanks as well. I too got Aruba on a whim! I was only looking at the birds to pass time while my son got stuff for his frogs. My hubby likes Aruba and talks to him sometimes but probably would not be upset if he wasn't here either. My son just thinks Aruba is "a dumb bird" (he also thinks Aruba is autistic just because I don't have him trained to talk and do a thousand tricks in the 3 months I have had him.)

It is wonderful to have a community of friends that understand my deep love for my little guy.

Re: I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL!!!!! [Re: ] #307948 07/06/08 04:38 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I'm also going to give my thans to this forum. It's great to have people here who understand how hard it is for me to train my budgies. Mostly, though, whenever I talk to other people about my pets, they soon get bored and switch the topic. So, on the forums, I get to talk ALL about my pets and, as Andrea said, I get to talk about what they eat, drink, poop and chirp. smile And people actually care!!

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site