Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cleaning around the cage #306214 06/30/08 03:53 PM
Pepperhil Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I just wanted to share with you what I use to clean up around the cage and play tree.
Now I don't work for the company that makes these, but I have 2 vacuums, one is a full size and full power cleaner. The other is a really handy stick vacuum. I can remove the long handle and it turns into one of those really neat hand vacuums. It has a crevice tool so I can get into the corners very well. (I don't use it inside the cage, of course) So this is a three way vacuum that is really good for those touch ups when you don't really need to pull out the big machine. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it was so reasonable I bought it AND the big machine at the same time. I don't mean to be a commercial for the company, but I am sure other companies offer a similar product. It's just so darned handy.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/c/StickVacuum/p/3+way+featherweight+stick+vac/product.aspx

Skipper
Popeye
SweePea
Sammy
Sascha

RIP Sawyer
Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: Pepperhil] #306218 06/30/08 04:13 PM
M
meg luvs keets Offline
Companion
Companion
M
Whoa thats pretty awesome! i have a little handheld dirtdevil that is an older version of this one thats real handy as well. I use this one around my gerbils' cage too. http://www1.shopping.com/xPO-Dirt-Devil-MD8230T

~Megan, Bailey, Tempe, & Snickers
Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: meg luvs keets] #306221 06/30/08 04:19 PM
Pepperhil Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Yeah, when I bought it, I didn't have my birds. I just thought it would be handy for small jobs. But it's great because I can clean the floor around the cage, then take the handle off and clean around the cage with or without the crevice tool. I only need one tool. Those dirt devil hand held vacuums are great and this one turns into one, LOL but can do so much more without dragging the big machine out.

Wow, the little vacuum has come a long way! That one is awesome looking!

Skipper
Popeye
SweePea
Sammy
Sascha

RIP Sawyer
Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: Pepperhil] #306330 06/30/08 08:23 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
you actually can use it in the cage when you're cleaning, remove the birds so they dont get sucked in obviously, but its really a handy idea to vaccum up the loose seed on the bottom before you take the dirty paper out, it's so much less messy!

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: Pepperhil] #306331 06/30/08 08:24 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
I bought a Dirt Devil "Scorpion" model (about $13) for quick tidying up around Pudgie's cage --- it has turned out to be THE most handy thing!

Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: ] #306344 06/30/08 08:53 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
I recently purchased a Shark stick electric sweeper from Wal-Mart for $29.00. It's great for the floor around Emily's cage.

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: cyberbud] #306458 07/01/08 04:04 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
yea i have 2 hand vacs lol ... a kurv and some dirt devil one that was rather costly but works amazing.

i vaccum the tray out daily and around their cage couple times a day ... i can just go around with the hand vac and get it all up in a snap:)

but yea take the birdies out LMAO ... although nunu thinks she can fight the hand vac and defeat it LMAO

Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: ] #306468 07/01/08 07:28 AM
N
new2bird Offline
N
Thanks,
that helpful, I just put gloves on and clean the inside with a wet paper towel. I actually bought a special liquid in a bottle, with a brash attached, but I don't want to use it when Yoshi is in the cage, and since she is not hand trained yet, and I don't have an extra cage.
The tray I wash, and clean under the cage again with the wet paper towel, which is tricky because I have to lift the cage floor a bit. I do it slowly with music and while talking to Yoshi so she is freaking out. Quite a bummer anyway, so the handy vaccum sound great, once I get her out.... Which will happen sometime this century, and my bathroom would be the safest place. No plants, or other problems.

Mom for:
3 kids including the biggest one -my hubby
Yoshi bird
Missi my lab and soon some fish
Re: Cleaning around the cage [Re: new2bird] #306474 07/01/08 10:53 AM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
depending on what kind of cage you have, you might be able to detach the entire bottom of the cage easily and remove it and clean it thouroughly without removing her just snap the bottom off lift the cage pull the bottom out and put the cage back down on the table.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site