Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: Darkness] #305809 06/28/08 10:21 PM
N
new2bird Offline
N
So I am back to the same question. Do you think that Clinton for example after 9/11 given the same intelligent reports would have reacted differently? Bill Clinton himself sent cruse missiles to Iraq and thought also that Sadam had WMD. I think that any other president under the same circumstances would have reacted in a similar way. Which is why the people in the senate committee who were privy to the intelligent supported it. Before the 2nd world war people in the US didn’t want to get into the war, FDR had to “sell” the war. Short time after, it was understood by all that we should have entered sooner, it would have saved thousands of lives and probably stop more than half of Europe from becoming Communists under Russia’s control. We can all wonder where these WMD (we know he had and used) went to just before the war? There were reports of trucks going to Syria. http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/ I think that in 30 years history will judge this Iraq war at the first step to bring democracy into this of part of the world, and causing Muslims to fight against the extremists in the Muslim world.

Last edited by new2bird; 06/28/08 10:24 PM.

Mom for:
3 kids including the biggest one -my hubby
Yoshi bird
Missi my lab and soon some fish
Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: new2bird] #305813 06/28/08 10:36 PM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
You see, that report wouldn't count as of now. Considering that it was back during 2006. So of course they "saw" trucks going into Syria then. They still had us all fooled that something was going on. The reports I showed said by Bush himself were done as of this year. So where's that still leave us to think? And again, from my previous post on the WMDs. This is what Bush said himself as well if no one saw that. [quote] George Bush stated on 5-13-2008 that the intelligence that he used to justify his attack on the sovereign nation of Iraq was “flawed” and that the conclusion drawn from that ‘intelligence’ was “wrong.” [b]There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.[/b] [/quote]

Last edited by dentwoboys; 06/28/08 10:47 PM.

Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: Darkness] #305820 06/29/08 12:20 AM
N
new2bird Offline
N
I know that Bush will not acknowledge the trucks going to Syria. Can you just imagine what would happen if he declare that? :sick: ...that would mean war with Syria. The new dictator there Assad is not as smart as his father.. I think that that is why the Israelis bombed a nuclear facility in Syria not a while ago. Sadam himself was mislead by his people to believe that he is more advanced than they really were. That what happens when you are afraid to be put into a wood shredder legs first, or be thrown of a tall building like he did to his people. [color:#3333FF] “Retired Gen. Tommy Franks, who commanded the successful U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, said Thursday that he saw persuasive evidence that Saddam Hussein had transferred his weapons of mass destruction to Syria. “We saw all kinds of suspicious activity which, all of us could have speculated, meant for certain that weapons were being moved into Syria,” the top military man told WWRL Radio’s Steve Malzberg and Karen Hunter.” … “Two days before the war, on March 17 [2003], we saw through multiple intelligence channels - both human intelligence and technical intelligence - large caravans of people and things, including some of the top 55 [most wanted] Iraqis, going to Syria.” [/color]

Mom for:
Yoshi bird
Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: Darkness] #305821 06/29/08 12:32 AM
N
new2bird Offline
N
[quote=dentwoboys]You see, that report wouldn't count as of now. Considering that it was back during 2006. So of course they "saw" trucks going into Syria then. They still had us all fooled that something was going on. The reports I showed said by Bush himself were done as of this year. So where's that still leave us to think?

The report is from before the war.
this article is from 2006 this talks about moving the WMD by airplains

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.
The flights - 56 in total, Mr. Sada said - attracted little notice because they were thought to be civilian flights providing relief from Iraq to Syria, which had suffered a flood after a dam collapse in June of 2002.

"Saddam realized, this time, the Americans are coming," Mr. Sada said. "They handed over the weapons of mass destruction to the Syrians."
Mr. Sada said that the Iraqi official responsible for transferring the weapons was a cousin of Saddam Hussein named Ali Hussein al-Majid, known as "Chemical Ali." The Syrian official responsible for receiving them was a cousin of Bashar Assad who is known variously as General Abu Ali, Abu Himma, or Zulhimawe.
Mr. Sada acknowledged that the disclosures about transfers of weapons of mass destruction are "a very delicate issue." He said he was afraid for his family. "I am sure the terrorists will not like it. The Saddamists will not like it," he said.

He thanked the American troops. "They liberated the country and the nation. It is a liberation force. They did a great job," he said. "We have been freed."

He said he had not shared his story until now with any American officials. "I kept everything secret in my heart," he said. But he is scheduled to meet next week in Washington with Senators Sessions and Inhofe, Republicans of, respectively, Alabama and Oklahoma. Both are members of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
The CIA's Iraq Survey Group acknowledged in its September 30, 2004, "Comprehensive Report," "we cannot express a firm view on the possibility that WMD elements were relocated out of Iraq prior to the war. Reports of such actions exist, but we have not yet been able to investigate this possibility thoroughly."

Mr. Sada is an unusual figure for an Iraqi general as he is a Christian and was not a member of the Baath Party. He now directs the Iraq operations of the Christian humanitarian organization, World Compassion.

Last edited by new2bird; 06/29/08 12:36 AM.

Mom for:
Yoshi bird
Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: new2bird] #305833 06/29/08 01:01 AM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I think here we'll definitely have to agree to disagree on Bush's reasons and all that he hasn't done very well while in office. It's hard for me having three people I love very much in Iraq right now, hearing their horror tales when they are home, how they now feel misled and betrayed. One of them actually has just been sent back for her third tour for the next 15 months. It's hard seeing the faces of these once proud soldiers feel like they're not doing what they thought they were supposed to be doing.

Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: Darkness] #307697 07/05/08 05:33 PM
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
if you want to reconsider bush, then do it in light of the the fact that he is a lying cheating thieving murdering xxx. for me it makes it a lot harder to believe thatv any good could come out of 'his' administration.

Last edited by PDM; 07/06/08 06:31 PM.

It's All got to go!!!

BudeStrings Music Tuition
Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: janimal] #307839 07/06/08 03:56 AM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Glad to see you Janimal, it's been a while and I agree with you completely as usual.

Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: Cetan] #307856 07/06/08 08:52 AM
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
hi and thanks

It's All got to go!!!

BudeStrings Music Tuition
Re: George W Bush reconsidered [Re: janimal] #325307 09/08/08 01:22 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
I thought that these two comments belonged here, but PLEASE NOTE, am going to quote them, again, on a new thread, asking whether his Christian beliefs made George W Bush a better or a Worse President?'

Originally Posted By: LordsLady
My answer is to turn to God in prayer and relying on Him for direction in all areas of my life. He is the one person who has never failed me.

Originally Posted By: mbas400
Prayer got us into the Iraq mess. In case anyone forgot, W claims Jesus as his most important influence. He is on a Mission from the same God who has never failed you. His Mission is to remake the mideast. It's a mission from the same God.

Are you saying God gave him bad advice?
George W prays to God and asks for advice.

If that is his advice, I'll stick to not praying. I can't trust the same God he prays to.

Originally Posted By: LordsLady
Ever hear of not taking advice? Or perhaps acting our on your own emotions, feelings, beliefs, etc? It matters not that GW prayed. What matters is the actions he took whether on his own or as the result of instructions from his cabinet. Not necessarily was this an answer from God. However, whatever happens both good and bad has already been filtered thru God.

Blessings, Emilie

Quoted from:

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=325301#Post325301

Last edited by PDM; 09/08/08 01:26 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site