Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! #302597 06/18/08 12:46 AM
LoveMyBoys Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
How could my little guys get hormonal all of the sudden? Is it possible that their rope perch (the short ones with the huge knot on the end) made them realize that it felt good? Bleu started mating with the knot and then did it more and more...now Peri has joined in - I moved the perch so they wouldn't get competitive over it...but now Peri has been using his water cup LOLOL!!!

anything i can do? They have a good day / sleep schedule. Maybe they just realized "Hey, this feels good!!!"

The one thing i do love about it though is when they do that one wing out thing to balance themselves? or maybe it is to cover their mate. whatever it is it's just cute!!

Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #302599 06/18/08 12:52 AM
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
wow dont let my boys know how to do that...

Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: Kariva] #302601 06/18/08 12:57 AM
A
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
A
ROTF!! I hope Aruba never figures that one out!! Sorry I don't have any pointers for you though.

Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: ] #302623 06/18/08 01:57 AM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
This isn't going to help you but I know that I've read that it is near impossible to get a keet to stop mating with his toys. But to make you feel better, Emmit occasionally humps his mirror. LOL

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: Stephen] #302626 06/18/08 02:01 AM
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I like to call it "wing ding" beacuse of how they lay their wing down on one side.
He's doing the wing ding thing!

Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: pinksnowme] #302636 06/18/08 02:32 AM
A
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: pinksnowme
I like to call it "wing ding" because of how they lay their wing down on one side.
He's doing the wing ding thing!
ROTFLMBO!!

Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #302648 06/18/08 03:17 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
That is actually what they do with a real mate. They wrap the wing aroung her.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: joandboys] #302681 06/18/08 11:27 AM
LoveMyBoys Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
i love it, it's like they are trying to give themselves privacy, or hugging their mate. It is really sweet. They are doing well so far this morning... i really don't mind if they do it but they started to become obsessed...addicted maybe.

ahh well it is spring time and love is in the air!!

Re: Peri and Bleu are using their toys to "ahem" ALOT! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #302684 06/18/08 11:39 AM
Nancy30 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
My male sam loves his rope toy a little to much as well. Maybe he dont like to share so if he mates with it then it will produce new rope toys.....hehehhee really tho its natural for them to do this,just like dogs will hump things...its a sign of them becomming sexually mature though and not a feels good thing...except for mankind,dolphines are the only other species of animal that have sex for pleasure....(although pigs can have 30 minute orgasims)

A person has one sense of humor and two legs. its better to lose a leg.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site