Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! #301867 06/16/08 01:08 AM
LoveMyBoys Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
It's been quite a while and i can't remember where i left off. We experienced internet issues up until now but now they are fixed.

I am happy to report that all three birds (Yes, even BLEU) are happy and totally healthy...and fully flighted. It took Bleu a little while to learn how to steer himself but now he his as confident a flyer as any Budgie you might meet in Australia!!! I am sooooooo happy about this!!! His transition came mysteriously when i stopped trying to transition them to pellets. I think that as long as i am giving them all this time to fly outside of their cage (and they do a ton of flying on a daily basis) that we could avoid the tumors at age four.

They play really well with Fiji and they enjoy having their cages next to each other. Fiji now talks and he also imitates a budgie warble sequence. He says "Tickle, tickle, tickle" when i am scratching his cheeks and "Up we gooooo" in a sing song voice when i am trying to get him to step up. He also says these things when he is vocalizing in a relaxed state. If you are new to Fiji he is a pacific parrotlet blue mutation male.

They are also taming as a result of seeing Fiji with me. Their eyes almost popped out of their heads at first when they saw me touching Fiji's face. Peri looked so entranced. Just last week both Peri and Bleu started landing on my head alot. This is major major progress.

I apologize if i have already posted these photos. I hope you enjoy.

LoveMyBoys

****HERE'S BLEU SHOWING PERI WHO'S BOSS FOR A CHANGE!!!! ROFL***

**FIJI LOVES CUDDLING AMONGST THE STRANDS OF HIS LOTS OF LEGS...WHICH HAS NOW LOST A LEG SINCE HE CHEWED THROUGH THE WOOD THAT HOLDS IT ON***

**NEW CAGE SETUP WE CALL THEM THE "PARROT CONDOS"** Right now Fiji lives on the left and Peri and Bleu live on the right...but during playtime they trade cages alot and sometimes all three will be in one cage and they get along very well. Fiji only gets territorial about treats when they are served on top of the cage.

SIDE VIEW PARROT CONDOS

Last edited by LoveMyBoys; 06/16/08 01:10 AM.
Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #301871 06/16/08 01:18 AM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
LoveMyBoys! Thank you so much for the update! It's really great how well Fiji gets along with Peri and Bleu. Looks like some great cage set-ups as well. Can you explain how you use the platforms in each of their cages? smile Thanks. And I just realized, didn't you have a 30x18x18 cage for Peri and Bleu last time you logged on? Maybe not. Anywho, welcome back! smile

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: Stephen] #301881 06/16/08 01:34 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Oh, dear Lord! You have the most cutest pups! The things I'd do to them... *Quit Storm* Everything looks just wonderful... I love that photo of Fiji... Looks like a "Jamaican, Mun!" =P

Last edited by AyEe Y0o; 06/16/08 01:35 AM.
Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: AyEe Y0o] #301889 06/16/08 01:56 AM
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Beautiful birds. I like how the condos are together but seperate. Everybody can get out and play and then go to their own food and bed at night. Great photos. Looks like a very loving flock. smile

Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: pinksnowme] #301899 06/16/08 03:02 AM
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
omg i missed you!!!!! how are you doing? enjoying the weather? everybody lookd happy healthy and beautiful as always!

Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #301946 06/16/08 01:03 PM
4Keetsn'2kids Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Those are great pics! Especially Fiji hiding in his toy! Thanks for sharing!

Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: 4Keetsn'2kids] #301963 06/16/08 02:50 PM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Hello and I have to say, you're keets are beautiful! I love their cage condos. How cute.

Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: Darkness] #302018 06/16/08 05:48 PM
Four Keets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Aww.... I was wondering how my darling Bleu was doing. I am so glad to hear that his wingy is well. Congrats on a healthy and beautiful crew!! smile It's great to see you back too!!

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: Four Keets] #302211 06/16/08 11:34 PM
SunnyDayz Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
WOW! Fiji has amazing coloring!!!

Re: New update on Peri, Bleu and Fiji!! [Re: SunnyDayz] #302236 06/17/08 12:23 AM
A
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered
A
What cute birds and wonderful pictures! I love the one hiding in the toy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site