Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: 'Only in America' [Re: val313] #295401 05/28/08 12:12 PM
kateyes Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I would like to make a distinction here--they are not "giving away guns" they are giving checks that can be used towards the purchase of a gun-subject to the checks/approvals required by the state and federal government. It occurred to me to wonder who the checks are made payable to--if it is in the purchaser's name there is no way to tell if the check was just cashed-or actually used towards a gun purchase. And as Val313 and I both pointed out this is not a major urban area, it is a smaller more rural community, where gun ownership is more common. I think if you go into rural communities around the world you would find many people own guns for a variety of reasons.

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion." Abraham Lincoln
Re: 'Only in America' [Re: kateyes] #295410 05/28/08 02:03 PM
LordsLady Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
kateyes, that being the case, I certainly would not use my "check" for a gun. I would probably save it to spend on more gas!

PDM, I haven't the foggiest idea why I am not intrigued by France. Nothing against the people, just not interested in seeing it. Also not interested in seeing Japan if that makes any sense. My son visited France while stationed in England and my husband visited Japan while stationed in Vietnam. Perhaps since they have seen it, I find no need to see it thru my own eyes. Of course, my son also did visit Spain and I am still interested in visiting Spain. That may have something to do with wanting to visit my Latino heritage. I already visited Israel with is part of my Jewish heritage, so now I have Spain.

I will say that if we ever take a tour of Europe and France is part of the tour, I am not going to have a problem with stopping there. It's just not a place that interested me that much.

Blessings,

Emilie

To one with faith,no explanation is needed.To one without faith no explanation is possible. Aquinas
Re: 'Only in America' [Re: LordsLady] #295417 05/28/08 02:29 PM
C
Capt. Haddock Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Oh, come now, Emilie, don't let me scare you away ;-)

There's nothing like the still warm from the oven fresh bread from my corner bakery, and some cheese and some wine...

The French, they know how to live.

Re: 'Only in America' [Re: Capt. Haddock] #295425 05/28/08 02:46 PM
LordsLady Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
It's not you, trust me. My son states that the croissants are definitely the best. Like I said, I wouldn't object to going if it's part of a tour, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

Glad to hear from you.

Blessings,

Emilie

To one with faith,no explanation is needed.To one without faith no explanation is possible. Aquinas
Re: 'Only in America' [Re: LordsLady] #295456 05/28/08 04:22 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Fair enough ~ I love Spain, too.
Certainly, if I had Spanish ancestry, I'd go there.
I haven't been to the land of my Greek forebears yet ~ well, only to Corfu.
I went to Slovenia, though, and I have a feeling that I had ancestors there ~ no actual proof yet, but a bit of evidence. I bumped into someone there who could have been my brother's twin!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: 'Only in America' [Re: PDM] #295750 05/29/08 02:34 AM
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Haha So much planet so little time, I want to go everywhere but unfortunatley my last trip to visit my family in Hungary was about 12 years ago and that was it , I said until i can walk over i am not going.

I have a problem/sickness in high altitudes and long flights, I have resigned my self to the fact that I shall never get to Austraila, Egypt, or Hawaii 3 places I would love to see and pretty much anywhere else over a low alt.5 hour flight.

Mostly it hurts though that I wish I could see my Grandma one last time she was born in 1912 so at 96 time is running short.

If you are able to travel , go!!! You never know what lies ahead and you may never have the chance to experience it again. The money can be alot, but you can't take it with you. This is not a dress rehearsal. And don't forget to go to America too, where they hand out the gift card for guns , like the title say "only in America" so you have got to see that too!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site