05/11/08 01:55 AM
05/11/08 01:55 AM
California
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
CassandraM_89  Offline OP
Best Friend

California
This is a post I hope everyone will respond to. The purpose of this post is for every animal you have ever loved. I want everyone to make a list saying the name of your animal,what type of animal he or she was and anything you wish everyone to know about your animal.I think this will be good for everyone and maybe help some people cope by sharing with others who feel the same way. Here is my list of loved ones

(Pepper)"German-Australian Shepard" My very first dog and my nanny,She would stay by my side constantly and get my mother whenever I would cry" She passed away when I moved to my old house from old age and she will be forever missed by everyone in my family.

(Watermelon)"Goldfish" My first fish I remember she would stare at me through her tank and blow bubbles at me. I don't know how she died but I miss her

frog "he made the most beautiful croons at night and I would fall asleep to his music. I went on a trip with my family and when we got home his tank had been pushed off the counter and broken...He was nowhere in sight but I assumed he was killed by our cats.

(AQUA BABIES)my mini frogs and fish I got from target died unexpectedly a week after I got them...

(Jerry)"Cockatiel" My beautiful cockatiel who just a week after I got him learned to fly to me and I remember once when I was sleeping I heard squeaking noises coming from the side of my bed and when I turned on the lights he was standing there looking at me smile He missed me lol...I lost him to my mother Labrador retriever "daisy" I was able to get him away from her but he died in my hands...My beloved baby boy.

(Shadow)"Cockatiel" My baby girl I got shortly after jerry died to distract me from my pain...She passed a week after I got her for reasons unknown...I think she was sick when I got her there could be no other reason.

(Shampoo)"Beta fish" My boyfriend got me this fish one day while I was at class. I was so excited to come home and see him. He was blue and purple and he always flared his little fins and made his little bubble nest. He passed away from some disease that caused his stomache to expand and we could see something like worms inside him...He died in my hands as well.He could not come up for air so i had to hold his head above water every few seconds.

(Mr Jingles)"Mouse" I used to have a snake named "Medusa" and I had to feed her mice but when I met my boyfriend he wrote a sign of a little mouse on my door saying "please don't kill me i have a family and feelings" I never felt so guilty in my life and I didn't feed her the next mouse I had to give her I ended up keeping him and giving the snake to someone that I knew could take good care of her. He passed away 2 years later of old age. My boyfriend made a rodents revenge style game in his memory called "Jingles defense" Because Mr jingles never took revenge on anyone lol

(Pywacket)Black cat This was my grandmothers cat but I have been around her since I was 4 years old she passed away about a year ago making her 15 years old. Her sister Philbert still lives pushing 16 now.

(My moth)"Moth" ok this may seem funny to some people but its not to me. There was this little moth flying around mine and my boyfriends room one day and it landed on my hand...So I started talking to it and it would not move. I think it liked me alot. ok well it had been sitting there for about an hour and I got worried it would fly into the fan so I reached to turn it off and...Sure enough he flew straight into the fan...I must have cried for 5 hours straight and my boyfriend was holding me and trying to comfort me and I felt like it was my fault. I miss you little moth guy

And finally...(Peanut)"Yorkie mutt mix". This was not my dog it was my neighbors dog. She first belong to someone who lived next to my neighbors and they had to move but couldn't take peanut with them so of coarse being the animal lover he is he and his family took her in. They had her for 2 wonderful years. Peanut was shot in front of my house May 9th at 9:00 am at 4:00 pm she had passed away from the bullet going through her little body and her intestines, causing her to bleed out...There was nothing the owner or the vets could do.

R.I.P to all my loved ones and all the loved ones of everyone reading this. I hope this helps all of you who are still having trouble to cope with your feelings and share them with others.

Last edited by progek; 05/11/08 02:09 AM.

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: CassandraM_89] #291196
05/12/08 10:35 PM
05/12/08 10:35 PM
North Carolina
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Stephen  Offline
True Blue Soulmate

North Carolina
Good idea, progek. I'll go in order of when they passed away. Paloma- She was my mom's Spitz dog that died at the age of 19 when I was 2 years old. She was all white and the size of a cat and when Reese was a baby she clung onto Polly's neck and let her rag her across the floor. :grin: We have it on video. I don't remember Polly at all though. She's buried in my aunt and uncles' backyard. Mr. Tadpole- Okay, so when I was about 7 or 8 my parents bought be this frog habitat for kids and the makers sent you a tadpole which you were supposed to watch grow up into a frog which you then released. Well, they mailed the little things in envelopes ( :mad: ) and when we got this little guy h was seconds from death. He lasted for maybe an hour in a little glass of water we put him in and then he croaked. Very sad and my parents were appalled and didn't ask for another tadpole, but complained to the company and sent the plastic "tank" back. Great first pet experience, eh? We buried him in our backyard. I never even got to name him. :( Treasure- I was at a school fair thing in 4th grade and there was this game where you threw ping pong balls into fish bowls and if you got 1 in, you got one goldfish if you got 2 in you got 2 goldfish. ( animal abuse ...) They had the fish in a big cat litter container with water in it ... very odd. Anyway, I won a goldfish and named him Treasure. I bought a small plastic tank, rocks and a small plant for him and he lived for about 3 months. Then we went on vacation and my mom locked the wrong lock and the pet-sitters couldn't get in. We came home and Treasure and Reese were fine, but then I fed Treasure and left the room. 5 minutes later I came back and e was about double his normal size and upside down ... I had blown up his stomach. :( Poor guy. We buried him in the same yard that I still live in. Yurple- I got Yurple at the same time I got Mafia from Petsmart. They were both bettas. Yurple was purple and magenta and was old when I first bought him because he had very large fins and I didn't know any better – I was a betta newbie. After about 3 months he developed swim bladder and I tried to feed him peas so he would recover but he died. 2 months later. He lived a short life. :( And half of his life with me he was lying on his side. RIP little guy. Mafia- Mafia was also an old fish hen I bought him with Yurple. He was a royal blue and lived a nice life in his little plastic tank and about a month after I bought Poseidon and put them in the same tank with a divider, Mafia died most likely of old age. I only had him for a year, but he was old when I bought him. I would put my fingers in his tank and he would swim between them on purpose – he was so sweet for a betta. RIP my little Mafia. :( I buried him in my backyard next to Yurple. Belle- Belle was my gorgeous gray parakeet. She was actually male but I had an odd naming system back then. From the day I brought her home, she had trouble flying and perching and seemed to constantly flip her wings – but had no signs of mites. I didn't bring her to the vet and I HATE myself for it because she would still be alive today if I had. She was hand tame within the first few days and liked to perch on my finger and eat millet from my hand. She even chirped to me and called for me when I was in the room. She was the sweetest thing ever and training was coming along so well. She seemed to be getting better and then she was attacked my Jayka and her head was bleeding. She recovered from that well and then a week later we went on vacation and our pet sitter called us and told us that Belle had passed away. She kept Belle in a little box in the refrigerator so she could be preserved until we got home. I buried her and I cried more than I ever have in my life. I buried her in my backyard and made a “B” out of stones above her grave. No one will ever replace my Belle Gray. I only had my Belle for 19 days, but those were the best 19 days of my life. I still cry every time I think about her. I left the forums because I just couldn't stand talking about budgies anymore. RIP my sweet Belle. 6/8/07-6/26/07. I will always love you. :( Neptune- I got him from Petsupermarket and he was sick from the day I brought him home. My parents wanted me to bring him back but I said no way – I bought him and I am committed to saving him. After the first 2 days he was doing amazing and was swimming around like a pro. Then, 7 days after I purchased him, he randomly died. RIP little guy. He was white with purple fins – very pretty and very young as well. :( Zena- This was my friend's betta fish who she had had for 2 years. My friend went on a 6 month trip to China and let me take care of Zena (who was male, but my friend didn't know). She sid she knew that Zena wold most likely die in my care and she did. She was blue and green and purple and liked to swim under her filter. The last 3 days, she didn't eat anything and stayed at the bottom of her tank. I was worried but couldn't do anything sadly. RIP Zena. I buried her in my backyard.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Stephen] #291297
05/13/08 05:04 AM
05/13/08 05:04 AM
Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Jessica Rawks Offline
Soulmate
Jessica Rawks  Offline
Soulmate

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Shoot...I've always had many, many pets all my life and I'm now as old as dirt...my list would be 3 pages long! LOL

But I will say this: R.I.P. to all the animal friends I've ever had. Each one of you touched my life in your own way. Each one of you had memorable qualitites all your own and I thank you for sharing your lives and your love with me. Much love...

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Jessica Rawks] #291328
05/13/08 02:56 PM
05/13/08 02:56 PM
California
Samiya Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Samiya  Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

California
not many for me thankfully...

bump:
a very sweet rabbit. she died at age 7 and a half. of old age. she loved to spend time with me,and her favoret thing was getting a head rub. if i came around,she would not be calm till i went and spent some time with her. she was a very sweet rabbit.rest in peace bump.

em:
just a little guppie,but was still special. she lived for about a year,and a half. i buried her with a flower.R.I.P.

RIP many many other fish i cannot remember,since I've had so many when i was littler.

max:
rest in peace max. he was a yellow lab,and died of old age. i will remember you always.

Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Samiya] #291563
05/14/08 12:04 AM
05/14/08 12:04 AM
GA
Seafoam Offline
Long Time Friend
Seafoam  Offline
Long Time Friend

GA
RIP Corn
She was my beautiful silkie bantam chicken. I remember when we first got her and her friend Pepper, my mom and dad bought them and they were so small and snuggly in a TINY box. She was a breed that never grew out of looking fuzzy, and I loved it. Pepper died of ant poisoning and so Corn was left alone... for nearly 2 years. My parents wouldn't let me get another chicken. I did everything I could to give her a happy life. We took her outside as much as we could. I could tell she loved me for she would always run to me outside. I had finally made the decision of giving her away to another chicken owner in GA, she would be happy, have wide open grassland, and lots of chicken friends. That week, my sister took Corn outside... but forgot she was out there. She didn't tell me that Corn was out. After lunch she remembered Corn was outside, and I was like, "Why didn't you tell us!!" We expected her to be outside... but when we got there, there was nothing but a pile of white downy feathers next to our front yard tree. I knew what happened, a stray cat that roams our backyard took her. He had almost had her about 2 times in her life, but now he had. I was in shock, and couldn't cry. Me and my brother picked up every single of her feathers and put them in a bag. I cry now, when I think about her. I sometimes wonder, why the week before she got a perfect house, did she have to go? Maybe the only owner she was supposed to have was me... I dunno.

RIP Corn June 11, 2006- March 2, 2008

Thanks for reading, but this was more of a "let out all my feelings" thing.

RIP Pepper
We let her eat some ants, but my dad had already poisoned them with ant poison, and she passed.

RIP Creamy
He died of old age. He lived to be old, and was the sweetest hamster who never once bit me. My first pet too, one that I earned. He taught my so many things.

Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Seafoam] #291632
05/14/08 01:44 AM
05/14/08 01:44 AM
California
Samiya Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Samiya  Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

California
is pepper a keet?

Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Samiya] #291837
05/14/08 10:53 PM
05/14/08 10:53 PM
North Carolina
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Stephen  Offline
True Blue Soulmate

North Carolina
No, Pepper was a chicken.

How very sad, Seafoam. May Corn rest in peace.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Stephen] #292359
05/17/08 04:29 AM
05/17/08 04:29 AM
California
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
CassandraM_89  Offline OP
Best Friend

California
I'm glad people are using this smile I hope it helps

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: CassandraM_89] #292387
05/17/08 12:40 PM
05/17/08 12:40 PM
USA
M
Mandy's mom Offline
Best Friend
Mandy's mom  Offline
Best Friend
M

USA
r.i.p. DAPHNE
i know i didn't own her but she was a great dog her name was daphne and was a friend's dog but she got run over by a car.... r.i.p daphne i hope u meet tika! ~zoo angel's dog~

R.i.p. Tika fern
i miss you so much tika Fern you were my everything i still shed a tear every once in a while.on a day that i missed you the most i listened to this song and sang along then i ended up crying because i miss you tika! http://youtube.com/watch?v=MGCkZE7Suco

Re: All of our lost loved ones [Re: Mandy's mom] #292909
05/19/08 11:26 AM
05/19/08 11:26 AM
Nancy30 Offline
Best Friend
Nancy30  Offline
Best Friend

Hope,Joy,Faith,Juno My hubbys keets. He got them about a year before he died and when we lost him to cancer,his birds died soon after.

yoyo a baby calf who was born and died that night. Im not sure what happend to him,the guy who tends them called me to say he was dead. He would have been 3 weeks old friday.

Gabby my blue and white keet. she got sick and was put on meds but her body just couldnt handle the sickness anymore.

Buddy my pitbull puppy. He got parvo,and I didnt get him to the vet fast enough. at the time I had fosterd another dog and I thought he was just upset over that. the next morning when I took him he had already gotton beyond treating. I still cry over him when I think about it because I could have saved him if id took him the day before. Im sorry buddy...I know you was a special gift and I will never forget you.

Many other animals in the past. You all mean so much to me even now and I will never forget you. May you all rest in peace and play together in the great fields beyond.

A person has one sense of humor and two legs. its better to lose a leg.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Do you practice tsundoku?
by Sherrylin. 01/18/20 07:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
General Discussion
Books, TV, Movies
Da Vinci Code
Dreams
Japanese Culture
Life, Universe, Everything
Online Courses
Politics
Religious Research
Show Your Own Work
Work From Home / Writing

Parakeets
General Parakeet Chat
Keet Stories and Photos
Parakeet Photo Gallery
Budgie Training
Health and Medical Issues
Parakeet Breeding
In Memory Of ...
Non-Budgie Pets and Animals
Non-Budgie Animal Photos
Off-Topic for Keet Owners
Games
Animal Rights
Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site