LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: Coco's Mama] #271334 03/20/08 05:02 AM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
all I can say is amazing.you've done a remarkable job.I loved the movie.too cute for words.wish he could come over and teach mine that.i'm teaching mine to fly to my hand when I call their name and raise my hand;it's going alright.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: Samiya] #286480 05/01/08 11:14 PM
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Originally Posted By: Samiya
Originally Posted By: MeLiSSa♥
thats amazing.... maybe he should go to animal planet's "the planet's funniest animals" show

but hae you ever noticed how MOST of the clips are really not funny?(i do think Morpheus is funny though)

that show is crule too.

Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: bfdaj] #286484 05/01/08 11:23 PM
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
That was sooo CUte! What is the music playing? I liked it smile

Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: Coco's Mama] #286840 05/02/08 11:05 PM
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I loved it! And your avatar looks just like you! (smile)

Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: pinksnowme] #287461 05/04/08 05:50 PM
Clairakeet Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Woah, you guys have had lots of comments but I guess I forgot about posting this because I haven't checked it to reply! I'm sorry! But wow, I just want to say thanks so much for all the nice things you've said about us! We're very proud of our talents and we're so glad that you guys enjoy them smile Here are the answers to all of your questions.

No, he cannot talk. I did teach him to make the kissing noise and he almost finished learning how to whistle (like the whistle a man whistles at a hot girl)...he did the whole whistle sometimes, but other times he just did the first half of it. lol. Anyways, he was trained to do that, but then I brought home a brother and sister for him and I didn't work with him as much, so that kinda went out the door smile

He's really the only one of my four that I've figured out how to train, because he's the only one that goes nuts for the millet. The others are either indifferent to treats, or they are so stubborn that they will only have the treats on THEIR own time, and they refuse to do tricks to get it. lol One of my birds like to pick up little things (foot toys, etc) with her beak though, so there's defenatly potential there if only I could figure out a reward system for her!

Yeah, most of the clips on the funniest animal show are really not funny. I totally agree. Actually, the commentaries are so stupid, so when I used to watch that show I'd turn the volume down and put some music on and just watch the videos. It was funnier that way.

I'd love to have a budgie boot camp and teach them tricks! That would be so much fun. But I've only figured out how to do it if the bird is in love with food. If they don't like food, forget about it! lol (anyone have any suggestions for that?)

I taught him "wings" like this: I said the word and then I would drop my hand just a little...enough that he starts to flap. Have you ever done that? It's kinda funny. Anyways, I just did that for like ten or fifteen minutes once or twice a day. I would give him a bite of millet each time he flapped. Eventually I didn't have to move my hand as much, and eventually he just did it on his own when I say it without me having to move my hand. But sometimes even now, I have to dip my hand down a bit if he's feeling stubborn, or especially if he just gives me "little wings". If he just does like, one flap, then I end up saying "BIG wings!" and if he doesn't flap bigger that time, I say it again and pull my hand down a tad. So...that's how. smile And once he learned it ok then I can use a question or a sentence instead of just the word "wings". Like I can ask him to show me his wings, or where are his wings...that sort of thing.

The song is called "Sweet Little Angel" by B. B. King. You can find it on "The Best of B. B. King, Vol. 1" CD. I tell people that B. B. King wrote that song just for Morpeus. lol

Well thanks again for all the great comments guys! Let me know if you have any other questions about training them to do tricks or anything. smile

Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: Clairakeet] #287522 05/04/08 08:48 PM
Clairakeet Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I redid the video so you can read the text and also so the end with no video clips is cropped off. Enjoy! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLkKQxA9cg

Re: My Budgie's 3 Tricks: Kiss, Wings, & Turn [Re: Clairakeet] #287524 05/04/08 08:51 PM
BUDG13S Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
cuteeee

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site