Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: max didnt make it [Re: Balthazar] #283826 04/24/08 08:29 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
thank you all ... and balthazar that is just too sweet ... look at sweet little max... i almost cant bare to be in my bedroom at all ... it doesnt feel the same without max ... i got his blankie back and i know i need to wash it but i cant ... it smells like max ...

am i crazy ???

i honestly feel like ive lost a family member ...

samaa keeps lookin for max ... she keeps chirping for him and lookin in the other cage and travel cage and cnat find him and its breaking my heart ... she has never been alone before ...

i loved him so much and when it came to the end i wasnt there for him he was all alone, and that just eats me up inside ... i just hope he knew i didnt give up and i didnt abandon him... maybe i should have taken him in sooner i duno ...

Re: max didnt make it [Re: ] #283833 04/24/08 08:42 PM
Seafoam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Omg Helwa!! I'm about to cry. frown You did everything you could have. It was just his time. He's in a better place right now and I'm sure he knows you didn't abandon him. smile But this is just so sad.... I don't even have words for it. Only time will heal.

Re: max didnt make it [Re: Seafoam] #283840 04/24/08 08:54 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
just got off the phone with the vet, they will do the necropsy now, the thought of which is too painful to think about.

but the possibility that he has TB is so great that they need to do it to be sure, as i was exposed, my other birds were exposed, my husband, and the vet staff, so its a public health issue and petco of course said well he is dead so we are no longer responsible for it, and they could care less about the public health issue.

im just crying so much, and samaa is now sitting on my shoulder nibbling on my ear ... which is sweet ... she has always been so skiddish so i can only think she knows im sad.

the vet said they will give me the body back to bury after the tests are done.

THANK GOODNESS ... cuz i need to have that closure ...

Re: max didnt make it [Re: Nancy30] #283843 04/24/08 09:02 PM
Sharonmz Offline
Regular
Regular
I am so sorry to hear that Max did not make it. You did all you could and Max knew it. You are a wonderful mom and gave Max all the love that you could.

Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Re: max didnt make it [Re: Sharonmz] #283846 04/24/08 09:06 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
cloud looks like what id imagine max to look like when he grew up:) such a cutie

Re: max didnt make it [Re: ] #283849 04/24/08 09:11 PM
A
animalfriend Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
Words can not express the sorrow I feel for you. You did everything you could for him and for just a small moment of his little life you were able to make him happy. That is what you should remember. Without you he would have been left in the horrible horrible conditions of Petco or been "returned" by someone who was unhappy with a sick bird. You were the first and last thing that was good in his life and that is wonderful.

Re: max didnt make it [Re: ] #283850 04/24/08 09:23 PM
M
Mandy's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
Originally Posted By: *helwa*
max passed away during the night last night.

the vet is going to do a necropsy to know exactly what happened. so i cant have him to bury him or anything, i cant hold him one last time or anything.

i wish i had know the last time i saw him would be really the last time.

he died all alone in an incubater probally looking for me ... and i wasnt there for him. i'm sorry about your loss again but this song is something you can dedicate to your pets or people you know who've passed on

anywhere's here's a link.(please read the description to know more about the song people.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSGiO1s8Otw

i feel like i didnt do enough, i didnt do things right ...

i want him back and my heart is just broken ... ive been in tears literally all day i cant get out of bed ... and samaa wont SHUT UP .... she knows max is gone im sure and she has been screeching all day and its driving me crazy i cant do anything to make her happy i feel like such a failure.

just wanted to let everyone know.

i'm sorry about your loss but you can always try again and remember all the pets you have right now are probable saying stuff like or said stuff like "isn't our owner so kind and all?" then another responding "yeah."

Re: max didnt make it [Re: Mandy's mom] #283851 04/24/08 09:46 PM
Four Keets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Helwa - I am so sorry to hear about what has happened. Please... never be hard on yourself. You care a lot about your birds and give them the best care. They love you and understand that you do the best thing for them. Max is gone, but he is now free of his sick body. He's probably chirping at you from birdy heaven while he pigs out on millet.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Re: max didnt make it [Re: Four Keets] #283856 04/24/08 09:52 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
im so happy he is no longer sick and hurting, that was heart breaking to see him so weak ... i just miss him so much ... my heart misses holding him ...

Re: max didnt make it [Re: ] #283872 04/24/08 10:28 PM
slcpunk Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I am so sorry helwa! I haven't been here long but in the short time that I have, I have seen that you did everything you possibly could for poor little Max. You were a wonderful mommy for him and he was so lucky to have you!
Lot's of hugs to you!!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site