Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Soaked Keet! #283701 04/24/08 01:28 AM
Sharonmz Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
OK, so here we go again. This time it is not a toe but a water issue. While I was on the computer and my daughter was in the shower Cloud decided to join her, he is completely soaked! I have tried to grab him in a towel and keep him warm but he does not like to be grabed like that. So what I am going to do for now is put him in his cage and cover it qith his cover so he will not get a draft. Any other suggestions,like a heating blanket on top of cage under the cover to add warmth. It is pretty warm in the house and I have closed all the windows so he will not have a draft.
My this one has actually been more of a challenge than my own child!!!!! LOL I still love him though.
Thanx all...

Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Re: Soaked Keet! [Re: Sharonmz] #283705 04/24/08 01:50 AM
M
Meg C. Offline
M
He should be fine. Birds love water! It's always kind of funny to see them wet. As long as he is warm, don't worry about a heating pad or trying to towel dry him off.

Re: Soaked Keet! [Re: Meg C.] #283709 04/24/08 02:17 AM
Sharonmz Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
He is shaking a little. I got real scared when he seemed to throw up some seeds in the beginning. I will just watch him for any sneezing and my daughter has been sternly told not to let him shower with her in the evening (it is cooler and there is no sun.
:-)

Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Re: Soaked Keet! [Re: Sharonmz] #283715 04/24/08 02:27 AM
M
Meg C. Offline
M
Aww. I think the shaking is natural for any animal. I'm not sure about throwing up seeds - I know keets will offer seeds as an act of affection, but I don't know about actual throwing up. He's a really cute bird, though!

Re: Soaked Keet! [Re: Meg C.] #283748 04/24/08 04:16 AM
CrazyC Offline
Companion
Companion
You should be able to tell when they throw up, if it's like mine. Hoju will bop his head like he's going to share some seeds, but then he sneezes a few times, and then shakes his head rapidly spitting up seeds. Sad to see, but definitely not the normal food sharing behaviour :P

I'd imagine he'd be ok if he had a nice warm spot to dry off with no drafts, which it seems you've given him already.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site