Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Less hostility #282816 04/21/08 01:28 PM
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
In [i]Back on Blossom Street[/i], Debbie Macomber offers this quotation for one of her chapter headings: [quote]“If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage.” – Lily Chin, www.lilychinsignaturecollection.com[/quote] I’ve heard much the same claim made for making love, gardening, art, music - in fact all kinds of endeavors which require individual concentration and creativity. For that matter, similar claims are made for smoking pot, but besides being illegal in many places, it probably doesn’t fit in the category of requiring concentration. Yet, any of the endeavors have elements which can be done without much thought. Or rather, the activity goes on while the thoughts wander elsewhere. What is your favorite activity for reducing tension?

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: Less hostility [Re: Carl] #282833 04/21/08 03:53 PM
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
music, dope, quality movies, surf, travel, big surf, more music, art, literature, house plants. if only the red tape of everyday life allowed us to spend more time on such worthwhile pursiuts, and less time on work and taxes and hatred, it would indeed be a better world. alas....

Last edited by janimal; 04/21/08 03:54 PM.

It's All got to go!!!

BudeStrings Music Tuition
Re: Less hostility [Re: janimal] #282839 04/21/08 03:59 PM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Baking or gardening. I find that when I have had a horrid day at work I can go out in the garden. There I can chop weeds to death and dig holes till I either wear myself out or feel better. Or I bake. The last time I was frustrated I bakes 12 dozen choc. chip cookies and a cake. Its alot better than arguing with my husband.

RIP Peeps
Re: Less hostility [Re: val313] #282851 04/21/08 04:52 PM
T
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
Music. Cleaning. Playing with animals- it's very therapeutic...
I have pretty crazy ADD, so I always have a million things going on. when I need to calm down, i find more things so I'm more distracted.

Re: Less hostility [Re: The_Zookeeper] #282856 04/21/08 05:04 PM
Athena Offline
Companion
Companion
music, playing guitar, playing with keets, sleeping, reading, writting.

My babe Loui - best keet everrr
Cali && Cutie - sisters adorable keets

Re: Less hostility [Re: Athena] #282876 04/21/08 06:04 PM
C
Capt. Haddock Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
Staring at the sea really chills me out. I can do it for hours and be totally zen. It's what I really miss living inland.
Animals relax me, too.
Walking is what I mostly do to reduce tension nowadays. A few months back when I was unemployed I was going on some very long walks. It was a good way to get to know my new city and keep my mind focused.

Re: Less hostility [Re: Capt. Haddock] #282887 04/21/08 06:32 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
cooking, music..... creating things.. i make craft things and my own scarves...

and playing with the birds:) hard to remain angry or upset when playing with a budgie

Re: Less hostility [Re: ] #282899 04/21/08 07:08 PM
F
Faith says hi Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
F
Yoga; cooking; putting on some good music and watching my parakeets sing along; curling up with a good book and a cup of coffee or a glass of wine; calling up a good friend to chat or emailing somebody a really stupid poem; or just staring off the balcony at the trees...

Re: Less hostility [Re: Faith says hi] #283094 04/22/08 02:25 AM
Carl Offline OP
Silver Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
All good ones. Captain, being near, or on, water relaxes me, also. I guess that comes natural with being a Pisces.

Val, a friend of mine, when stressed, would use whatever she found in the fridge to make lasagna. As you can imagine, the lasagna was quite creative.

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: Less hostility [Re: Carl] #283122 04/22/08 03:34 AM
T
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
oh man- i totally forgot about water. I could sit on a boat all day long and just relax. that's a perfect stress relief right there. I love to sit on the end of the dock and read, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site