Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! #261844 02/25/08 10:25 PM
Cloeyisadorable Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
I already have a parakeet and I've had him for 5-6 months now since I found him and he really loves me and trust me.....he still is kind of getting used to being out and on his tree. But I was also thinking sometime in the future, I want another parakeet but this one is going to be way younger than Blu because at PetSmart they have almost newly hatched parakeets and they have not white in there eye whatsoever but I just want some peoples advice. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Love God
Love Nature
Love The Animals
Love Parakeets
Re: I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! [Re: Cloeyisadorable] #261856 02/25/08 10:40 PM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
In my opinion, all budgies should have a budgies friend after they are fully tame. I think, as you said, you should wait until Blu is completely used to being out of his cage just because. But I think Blu could most definitly use another budgie friend and so could you! smile It will take much less time to tame your new keet, most likely, because s/he will learn from Blu.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! [Re: Stephen] #262311 02/26/08 11:54 PM
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
Thanks, that is cool. Yeah I found him and I see by his eyes that he is pretty old so it might take him a long time. Well I dunno do u think it will take long????

Love God
Love Nature
Love The Animals
Love Parakeets
Re: I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! [Re: Cloeyisadorable] #262477 02/27/08 05:10 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Every bird is different. If you spend a lot of time with him it probably won't take as long. Before you plan to get another bird you might want to discuss how you will take care of vet bills and check ups. When you get a young parakeet there is always a chance that it will turn out to be a female. If the bird you have now is male then there are vet bills for checkups when the new one gets to breeding age. Also if both are female they sometimes will not get along that well and may have to be in separate cages. There is also the problem of egg binding which can be a problem without proper vet care. It is always a good idea to read up on the basic care of budgies on lisa Shea forums and get a good book or two before you enlarge your flock.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! [Re: Cloeyisadorable] #262541 02/27/08 11:55 AM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Bluiscute14
Thanks, that is cool. Yeah I found him and I see by his eyes that he is pretty old so it might take him a long time. Well I dunno do u think it will take long????

Do you mean you found a new keet?

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! [Re: joandboys] #264902 03/02/08 01:38 PM
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
Yes I Already about everything you just said, the Bill are nothing to me so that doesn't really concern me.

Love God
Love Nature
Love The Animals
Love Parakeets
Re: I need opinions on getting A New Parakeet!!!!!! [Re: Stephen] #264904 03/02/08 01:39 PM
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
No I didn't find a new keet Blu is the same keet but Yes I did "Find" him if that's what you mean.

Love God
Love Nature
Love The Animals
Love Parakeets

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site