Page 1 of 2 1 2
Fighting #254881 02/11/08 04:42 AM
A
AndreaKat Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
A
My precious Lola and baby Bella are fighting. Non. Stop. Especially at night when I am about to cover them up. It doesnt matter if one is on the opposite end if the cage. They fight, eventually. I have seen them fall to the bottom of the cage in a ball of keet feather fury. I have heard it happen when they are covered. Amber (Kariva) has suggested I separate them, but that makes Scott mad cuz he doesnt want another bird cage put up.... I dont know what to do. I love Lola so much... Shes my precious baby girl. And baby Bella just wants comfort. But it seems like they hate eachother, which leads to screaming while I am at work and Scott is at home trying to sleep. (Not a good situation) I dont know what to do, help!

Andrea
Re: Fighting [Re: AndreaKat] #254885 02/11/08 04:56 AM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
hmm its probally growing pains.

lola has a newbie in her territory and she has to get used to it that can take time.

scott has to choose if he likes the noise of fighting more than having another cage haha .... if you did separate them id say make sure the cages are right next to each other so they can touch if they want but have there own space.

also make sure you have two of everything in the cage .... mine used to fight like crazy when i first got them even though they were bonded... cuz i had only one of stuff and once i got two flower cups two of the same perch, two platforms, two of each toy or something very similiar then they stopped fighting and now dont mind sharing. smile

establishing the pecking order can be hard specially with females smile

Re: Fighting [Re: ] #254895 02/11/08 05:15 AM
A
AndreaKat Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
A
I am at a loss of what to do with my boos. I want to separate them for a time, but still keep them close. Meh. I will have to work on Scott...

Andrea
Re: Fighting [Re: AndreaKat] #254904 02/11/08 05:41 AM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
yea id say put them in separate cages but right next to each other and that way they can play with each other when they want to and go to their own space when they dont.

that way they learn to love each other instead of having to tolerate each other hee hee

tell scott ... noise or a cage ???? sleep or a cage ????

and ask him when he is dead tired LMAO he will say CAGE for the love of god CAGE ANDDREAAA

hahahaha

Re: Fighting [Re: ] #254963 02/11/08 06:40 PM
Draw_me_a_Bunny Offline
Companion
Companion
I'm not sure how old Bella and Lola are but...Could it be an age issue? I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but when I added Bit (my second older keet) to my 7 month keet she seemed to be completely annoyed by him. Of course, he wanted to be right next to her all the time, he would push her with his foot for attention then run off, he would sing to her at the top of his lungs... anything to get her attention but she just didn't care and would peck at him whenever he got to close.

All in all it took about 3 months for them to really accept each other and now they literraly flip out whenever they are seperated for training.

Re: Fighting [Re: Draw_me_a_Bunny] #254979 02/11/08 08:16 PM
A
AndreaKat Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
A
Hmm, Lola is over a year and Bella is about 7 months I would say? Bella just wants to be near Lola no matter what. Shes a cuddler wink And Lola cant stand it, lol.

Andrea
Re: Fighting [Re: AndreaKat] #255130 02/12/08 03:20 AM
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
poor lola i would give them alone time. or give lola time with cesear hehe. i know it sux but i have to do that with mine when they feel neglected or feisty i give them mommy time for like an hour and they chill out it works for us.

Re: Fighting [Re: AndreaKat] #255148 02/12/08 04:27 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I don't know what kind of cage you have but I'll bet you could divide it in two. Buy a piece of plexiglas from the home depot. They will tell you how to cut it. Measure it so that you can take the bottom of your cage off and fit it up through the bottom. Position it so it splits the cage in half. You can hold it in place with clothes pins through the bars that grasp the plastic. They will see each other but you will be able to take the door down and get each out

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: Fighting [Re: joandboys] #255187 02/12/08 12:57 PM
A
AndreaKat Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
A
My mom suggested that too. I have the green Vision cage. I wonder if I could make it work? Just for night time maybe, or when they really start squabbling...

I should prolly also say they arent violent with eachother. Its just that kicking and making those weird annoyed dolphin noises all the darn time! Then Bella acks and acks and acks and makes Scott go CRAZY!!! He said "Im getting rid of those darn keets!" He should think again!

Last edited by MissAndrea; 02/12/08 12:59 PM.

Andrea
Re: Fighting [Re: AndreaKat] #255198 02/12/08 01:12 PM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
hahahahah

maybe its a baby thing cuz nunu acks like a lunatic all dang day long .... for no reason he is just playin with his toys acking lol gets on jazzie's nerves jazzie will go kick him or peck at him and yell at him LMAO

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site