Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
He finally did it (kinda)! #254380 02/09/08 11:16 PM
CrazyC Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Well, despite not being hand trained yet, I decided to let my separated birds out to have some together time (been over 2 weeks). After the initial shock to Kwyjibo (Hoju hopped out on his own) of getting her out, they immediately loved it and went to each other. They explored for a while and even ate some seed very close to me and my hand!

The best part was as I was trying to put them back. I was using the cloth I normally use to move them (hopefully they don't associate the evil cloth with me?) and managed to get Kwyjibo back in to her cage. As I was trying to get Hoju, he at one point walked across my other hand that was on the floor. I chased him back the other way and he walked on again and stayed for a few seconds, until I tried to take him up. I tried to get him again, and he ran all the way around me. As I went to get him again, he stepped on my finger on the floor and on top of my hand. As I lifted, he kept climbing up my arm, nearly to my shoulder, and stayed the whole time I moved. When he got to his cage he jumped on top, and then got confused and tried to get back in through the top bars. I snagged him with the cloth and brought him back.

I've been working with him on his own for almost 2 weeks now, and it seems to be working to some degree! I love the fact that he not only stood on my hand, but that he climbed up my arm! I guess he can't be that afraid of me.

I just had to share, because it's nice to finally make some progress!

Re: He finally did it (kinda)! [Re: CrazyC] #254419 02/10/08 12:09 AM
TheFearlessFour Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
smile I got Moonbeam to step up yesterday but it was only after s/he had her/his first bath and couldn't fly very far from being wet.

The Fearless Four

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site