Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
new mommy #241748 01/07/08 12:55 AM
H
heidir Offline OP
OP Offline
H
my keet laid an egg but refuses to sit on it. i put it in a nesting box, my keet saw me put the egg in the box she has even gone in a few times but does not stay long, is this normal for a new mom???

please answer back asap, i don't want to lose this egg, she has already laid 2 eggs total, but we lost the first one, so i want to save this one.

my baby girl-keisha
my baby boys-snowy,skye and jayden
Re: new mommy [Re: heidir] #242246 01/08/08 09:06 PM
LLPB Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
it may not even be fertile! and she may know this... how old are the pair?

And please, before you get any further, review my breeding post and make sure you have truthfully answered yes to all of the questions...

how long have you been researching breeding keets?
How much money do you have saved up?
Do you have a powder calcium supplement in their food dish?
What kind of diet do you have them on?
have you contacted your avian vet and had the female checked out before beginning?
do you have possible homes for any babies?

these are only a fewwwwwwwwwwww of manyyyyyyyyy questions you need to have responsibily answered BEFORE even beginning the process!

please answer all these questions.

RIP
Lemon, Lime, Paradise, Blizzard, Oreo, & Vanilla
♥ Always

I LOVE Skittles!
Re: new mommy [Re: LLPB] #242250 01/08/08 09:35 PM
Goji Offline
There's a male bird with the female, right? Not trying to make you look stupid (don't know how old you are). smile

Re: new mommy [Re: Goji] #242251 01/08/08 10:02 PM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
welcome to the forum.females laying eggs is very danferous to the female.not all eggs have chicks inside.the female might sense this and refuses to sit on a emtpy egg.after a bird reaches a certain age it becomes more then dangerous for the female to breed.so many people do not research breeding before doing it and the end results were it cost the female her life.the other side of the coin is a female under 1 years old is to young to breed and should be checked out by a vet to ensure it's healthy enough to carry eggs.no one means anything negative,bare in mind those of us on this forum are concerned first and furmost with the well being of everyones bird.we're here trying to help each other learn facts we did not know.LLPB is very highly respected on the forum for her knowledge of breeding.a whole group of us ask for her to spare head the breeding forum.no one on here is a vet,we only pass on what we have experience for ourselves.please don't take offence,we're only trying to help.when you've read about so many chicks and females dying because their owners were not preared you'll understand better where shes coming from.good luck and please and please keep us informed.p.s. we're picture crazy on here.hint.hint. he,he we also enjoy a good laugh.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: new mommy [Re: big bad momma] #242844 01/11/08 05:03 AM
C
chefal Offline
C
i have noticed that with the eggs that poly never laid on them till there was atleast 3 eggs i would also avoid handling the eggs with your hands also

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site