Print Thread
vet costs. #242486 01/09/08 11:37 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
Just because I feel like it needs to drive home a little bit more I wanted to let everyone know, I took Darcy and Vegas to the Dr. today and it was 531 dollars... And they aren't even definitely sick! I'm getting the test results tomorrow... but... yeah... there you go

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: vet costs. [Re: ShamRockStar] #242526 01/10/08 01:55 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
What happened?
Once weather gets nice again we have to make trip up to the vet for beak trim for Zorro and I think I'm going to be getting Nacho's wings trimmed before it gets to nice outside.
I may try to catch a few others that need nail trims as well.
She does give a multiple bird discount but I know she will do an exam on the birds she has not seen yet and that is $30. Our vet bill won't be as large as yours wow.
I sure hope they are ok.
But yes everyone should make sure they can aford the vet if need be.

My name is Connie
Re: vet costs. [Re: pretty bird] #242534 01/10/08 02:21 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
well for 1 bird it was 102 and the second was 50 and he's running full fecal blood and crop exams on both of them. I think it's precautionary since they've never really had a full vet exam... but that's just what it costs...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: vet costs. [Re: ShamRockStar] #242541 01/10/08 02:43 AM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I totally agree with you.money should be set aside for vet bills.back in sept. smokey developed a tumor under one of her wings and their avain vet charge me very closed to $1,000 dollars for the surgery,med and other things give or take a few dollars.to be totally trueful my mind said thats a lot of money for any bird,but my heart said yes.smokey is very special to me and my family;she is my first tiel and I love her dearly.I just wish she would hurry up and speak,she trying.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: vet costs. [Re: big bad momma] #242546 01/10/08 02:53 AM
Amethyst Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
my avian vet is 2 hours away, that scares me because in an emergency you dont have much time...

Re: vet costs. [Re: Amethyst] #242629 01/10/08 04:52 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I hear you about the distance. Our vet is an hour drive. The one we have in town I decided I would not even take a chicken to him. I lost Chip and Pebbles I took Chip in he could not even tell me what was wrong and charged me $30. And all he told me was to keep giving the antibiotic I bought at the pet store and pray. And he advertises that he is an avain vet. I also think Zorro got mites from his office when I took him in for a beak trim. He never even did well bird exams. Well we found an excellent vet in Appleton but like I said she is an hour away but worth the drive. I just hope and pray I never have a real emergency that needs a vet like right now because of that reason.

My name is Connie
Re: vet costs. [Re: pretty bird] #242632 01/10/08 04:59 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
By the way the vet I found gives multiple pet discounts.
We have to make a trip up this spring get a beak trim, some nails clipped some exams and I think Nacho's wings clipped so that will be a little bit of a bill I'm sure.
Tiki, Zorro and Nacho have had their check ups so I'll have to decided what other ones will go this time. I know Zorro will be going for his beak and Nacho for his wings. I think Cleo will be going for sure and a few of the others are getting a little long in the claws so we may be taking quite a few of them this next time. And I want to take Bam Bam and get the stupid leg band removed. So I'm thinking anywhere from 90 to 150 just for the exams and then the wing clipping, break trim and nails will probably be around another 100. And this is just regular maintence for the birds but its something that needs to be done.

My name is Connie
Re: vet costs. [Re: pretty bird] #242701 01/10/08 09:18 PM
C
chefal Offline
C
i concider my self lucky then as i belong to the local fish club and we have 3 members that are vets i can call them when i,m in a bind but they are not avian vets

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site