Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Question About Food #237552 12/22/07 12:22 AM
TheFearlessFour Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Tonight I made cube steak, peas, and a thai sesame seed pasta packet for dinner. I took a small bowl and put a few pieces of pea and a few kernals of corn in it for Kenya because she is out of her cage and after landing on my dish last night, I thought it might keep her attention while I was eating. I was wrong. She did pick at it though. She was playing around and decided she was going to land on my fork (again...she landed on it last night too). Then actually landed on my plate. Is this safe??? For me???? She then decided to taste the pasta thing. Is this safe for her and me??? The pasta had seasoning and flavoring added to it. She seems to like it. She liked the peas too. I made a quick look up while cooking to make sure she could have it. I just want to make sure she will be ok. If not, I'll remove it so she can't get to it anymore. I didn't think she would go for it as she showed no interest in plain pasta when I tried giving her some.

The Fearless Four

Re: Question About Food [Re: TheFearlessFour] #237558 12/22/07 01:08 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I'm sure a taste or two will not hurt her you just want to watch that she does not eat to much because of the salt.

My name is Connie
Re: Question About Food [Re: pretty bird] #237567 12/22/07 01:48 AM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
yea the sodium level could be bad for her ... so dont do it on a regular basis ...

and she probally lands on ur fork cuz it looks like a comfy perch haha

i eat after my birds and im ok ... so far ... i do try to not let them stand on my food though ... since they walk over their poop alot

i give mine pasta with regular tomato sauce on it which i make myslef in the power juicer lol and they like it smile

Re: Question About Food [Re: ] #237578 12/22/07 02:49 AM
TheFearlessFour Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thank you. She only ate a little of it....maybe 5 bites like 3 times and guess she had enough cause she hasn't touched it since the last time she took so bites.

The Fearless Four

Re: Question About Food [Re: TheFearlessFour] #237598 12/22/07 05:09 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
They actually force you to eat healthy, cause they think that what your eating is what they should be able to eat. I don't let them walk in the plate but if they want some of mine I put it on the table next to the plate when they decide that they want some. And cause I know this can happen I cook my stuff with less salt and low oil and healthy. As long as you cook helthy thay can have spices like garlic and basil and peppers.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: Question About Food [Re: joandboys] #237599 12/22/07 05:30 AM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
yea i dont use alot of salt but some things just have high sodium in them ... olive oil i cant imagine being bad for anything haha but i dont give them oily stuff ...

we should actually be very very careful about allowing out birds to eat things we have bitten from .. our saliva can be very dangerous for thm ... we could have germs or virus or bacteria and it could be so dangerous for them .. is make sure not to give them stuff i bit off of ...

Re: Question About Food [Re: ] #237604 12/22/07 07:01 AM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I totally agree with pretty bird and helwa be very careful of both.salt can cause liver and kidney damage,vets recommend no salt period.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: Question About Food [Re: big bad momma] #237614 12/22/07 09:46 AM
prettyboy Offline
Companion
Companion
Well....... they can eat nearly everything lol but not everything is safe

Last edited by prettyboy; 12/22/07 09:47 AM.

Hello from Green dust
Re: Question About Food [Re: prettyboy] #237636 12/22/07 07:21 PM
L
Luck1981 Offline
L
I got my first keet late yesterday aftrenoon. He has perched on my finger already with my gently coching but I don't think he has eaten or drank anything. I have given him time alone and have spend quiet time talking, whisleing and singing to him. I offered him a tiny piece of apple late last night but he did not want it. what other foods (fresh) can they have?

June and Cutie Pie
Re: Question About Food [Re: Luck1981] #237664 12/22/07 09:16 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Luck1981: please see responses to your other post/topic about food -- people have posted on that one with ideas for you - smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site