Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
HELP! #233699 12/07/07 02:51 AM
V
vickies2 Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I just sat on my budgie!!
he likes to follow me around, i was picking up a phone call and was standing, when i sat down on my chair i felt somthing under my bum, and it was my poor little birdie!!
He can still fly and stand.. but i'm so worried,, is there any way that i can check if he is totally fine?????

Re: HELP! [Re: vickies2] #233700 12/07/07 02:52 AM
Lishious Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
umm omg bring him to a vet? theres no way you actully put all ur weight on him tho:S?

Re: HELP! [Re: Lishious] #233702 12/07/07 02:54 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
As long as he's breathing walking and eating he'll be fine, keep a close eye on him make sure he isn't laboring to breathe or weaving when he walks. When he gets up on a perch he should still have normal balance... if any of that is a problem take him to a vet ASAP

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: HELP! [Re: ShamRockStar] #233705 12/07/07 03:03 AM
B
brittany98 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
B
as long as you didnt put all your weight down on him, thats okay.

take him to a vet asap tho...just in case!!

I'm an Airbender, what are you?
Re: HELP! [Re: brittany98] #233710 12/07/07 03:27 AM
V
vickies2 Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I was too shocked to remember how much weight i put on him. He seems to be okay now, flying almost like normally. He has lost some important feathers though ( i think they'r important cause he has them on the right side and lost the ones on the left, and these are the feathers near tail feathers). I just hope that he can grow them out soon and won't hate me after this!

He is sleeping like a baby now =).

Re: HELP! [Re: vickies2] #233712 12/07/07 03:32 AM
lamonsas Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
this is nonsense, which makes me furious, what do u mean u didnt put your WHOLE weight on him??? u SAT on him. man im so angry you seem like you hurt the keet very badly, they are so fragile and you sat on him and you think he is ok? ppl panic when keets fly into a wall by mistake slightly but you actaully SAT on him thats like if the keet crushed into a wall and got squiezed with it in addition, yea it was a mistake but oh god poor keet, and u said u felt something in ur bumm, what does that mean now.. you tell me.. you obviously sat on him with full weight, man please dont make excuses as that can cost the LIFE of your keet, take it to a vet asap, listen to what you said, you SAT on him, sorry mate but this was a big mess up, yes accidently but take it to a vet asap i doubt its doin fine. im preying for the keet.

Last edited by lamonsas; 12/07/07 03:32 AM.

Re: HELP! [Re: lamonsas] #233713 12/07/07 03:37 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
wow... your kind of a jerk. It is very possible not to pu all of your weight down... I dunno if you've ever sat on like a stick or something but you start to stick and you feel it and stop before you put your weight down.
People who freak out about their birds flying in to wall are the people who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap.
chill.
I'm sure they feel bad enough already and it isn't your bird.
you may be perfect but not everyone is so how about you reign in the attitude.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: HELP! [Re: lamonsas] #233714 12/07/07 03:37 AM
val313 Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Keep a watch on your baby for a while. If he seems off in anyway you should take him in asap. If you are really worried take him in first thing in the morning just to be on the safe side.

Lamonsas- everyone makes mistakes. There is no need to rail on someone like that. My goodness I hope that you never make a mistake with yours. Accidents happen she did not do this on purpose. I'm sure she feels horrible anyone of us would. So there is no need to make her feel worse.

RIP Peeps
Re: HELP! [Re: val313] #233718 12/07/07 03:43 AM
TBJ♥ Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Do you mean that he lost some of his feathers on one of his wings but not the other? Because if so, you should consider clipping the other one so that he is not off balance. But yeah, watch him closely and take him to a vet if he isn't breathing normally or something. Accidents happen!

Re: HELP! [Re: TBJ♥] #233723 12/07/07 03:58 AM
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
the feathers he lost seem like flight feathers if they are below his wings and closest to his tail then they are flight feathers and yes you should probally clip the other side as well cuz that is how they maintain balance ... but id not advise clipping them yourself ... enless u really know what ur doing .. u could hit a blood feather or clip too close ... most pet stores do it for free.

just to be safe id take him into an AVIAN vet first thing in the morning .... keets .. like most wild animals... will over compensate when ill or hurt ... survival of the fittest kinda thing ... so if he is hurt even a little bit he will try his best to cover it up.

and they really are so so fragile teeny tiny bones and stuff ... although very flexible it doesnt take much to do harm ... id take him in just to be sure. dont want him to be suffering in secret

and i can imagine how you feel ... it happens they are extremly fast sometimes and they move way too quick ... just gota be super careful frown

im certain you didnt intend to sit on him ... it was an accident and it does happen .... just be sure he is ok

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site