Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Someone attacked them last night??? #221463 10/24/07 03:58 PM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Bammmm....I jumped off my bed thinking it was an earthquake or something. But no, it was my birdies jumping and flying all over in the cage...at midnight. I lay newspapers on the floor so it's real loud when they're walking on it like that. I came out side and looked up on the top 2 little perches (about 30 inches high) where they always sleep at night...no one was up there. It was so dark so I had to use my cell phone to look around and there standing on the little corner were Pinkie and Sky...Cookie, Peace were both hanging on the side of the cage...They all looked quite frighten.

This never happened in the past 2 months I have them. They usually fight a bit for the 2 perches but then all snuggle together and sleep soundlessly until morning. At first, I thought they...felt on the floor, but this morning I found some blood on the bars and on the walls. I inspect each of them and found blood on Peace's feathers, especially on the inside when he flapped his wings. He looks normal, all singing like usual but I'm kinda worried...What do you think happened to them last night? Some other animals attacked them...but who then? I don't think they fight each other because they get along pretty well most of the time.

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: lagirl143] #221464 10/24/07 04:02 PM
Four Keets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Sounds like a night fright. One of them probably had a night fright and it startled all of them and that is how they react when they can't see and are afriad.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: Four Keets] #221466 10/24/07 04:09 PM
lagirl143 Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Uhm...I thought about that too that's why I put some dim light on for them by the cage. But why is there blood though???

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: lagirl143] #221469 10/24/07 04:18 PM
Four Keets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
My best guess is that someone may have broken a blood feather in the scuffle, but I'm not sure. You need to take a close look at them and see if you can tell who is it from and where it is from. If it's wings it probably is a blood feather.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: Four Keets] #221507 10/24/07 08:23 PM
123fetch Offline
Regular
Regular
Are any of them molting? My birds sometimes freak out at night when they are molting. I usually find a big tail feather in the bottom of the cage. I think it scares them when they see it falling. I wonder if one of them hit something in the cage when they freaked out. I usually leave a night light on for my birds.

Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: Four Keets] #221508 10/24/07 08:23 PM
Lishious Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I had somthing exactly like this and it was one bird, it was a dark night and i look at over at my cage at 3 o clock and hes on the side looking scared to death and he did not want to move ever since then hes been sleepin on the second level perche that is more on the open side of the cage so im wondering if he doesnt like the blanket on him

Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: Lishious] #221512 10/24/07 09:01 PM
Verty Offline
Lishious the way you discribe it sounds so saddddddddddddd
my bird has had the exact same thing, wiht no blood (phewww) but i found out a wing damaged, i new it when i saw it. a xxx ant was in his cage, yep a ANT...
xD funny right?
and i have a question for you lagirl how did you teach your birds to sleep outside? if i even left them out they would run away

Last edited by PDM; 10/26/07 12:05 PM.

Verty+IceBurg 4EVER
Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: Verty] #221516 10/24/07 09:42 PM
T
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
hey hey hey, I don't mean to prod or invade on your conversation, but watch the language verty, there are very young people on these boards. =D

and since PDM can't come on very often, we have to monitor ourselves.

Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: The_Zookeeper] #221519 10/24/07 10:15 PM
Verty Offline
lol sorry didnt notice changed ^^
and, im 13 btw... lol

Verty+IceBurg 4EVER
Re: Someone attacked them last night??? [Re: lagirl143] #221525 10/24/07 10:47 PM
M
Mandy's mom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
Originally Posted By: lagirl143
Bammmm....I jumped off my bed thinking it was an earthquake or something. But no, it was my birdies jumping and flying all over in the cage...at midnight. I lay newspapers on the floor so it's real loud when they're walking on it like that. I came out side and looked up on the top 2 little perches (about 30 inches high) where they always sleep at night...no one was up there. It was so dark so I had to use my cell phone to look around and there standing on the little corner were Pinkie and Sky...Cookie, Peace were both hanging on the side of the cage...They all looked quite frighten.

This never happened in the past 2 months I have them. They usually fight a bit for the 2 perches but then all snuggle together and sleep soundlessly until morning. At first, I thought they...felt on the floor, but this morning I found some blood on the bars and on the walls. I inspect each of them and found blood on Peace's feathers, especially on the inside when he flapped his wings. He looks normal, all singing like usual but I'm kinda worried...What do you think happened to them last night? Some other animals attacked them...but who then? I don't think they fight each other because they get along pretty well most of the time.
maybe that's why i couldn't sleep last night i've been up late when bad things have happened. i didn't sleep till like 1am

Last edited by ***TheZooCrew***; 10/24/07 10:48 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site