Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Helllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp #211425 08/31/07 12:05 AM
K
kiwibird2 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
im confused i got a bird from the petstore for my other bird and i got the bird a couple weeks ago and she still sometimes flaps her wings like a crazy person when i change food or water or even put my hand in the cage. Any help?

Re: Helllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp [Re: kiwibird2] #211426 08/31/07 12:15 AM
K
Kiwi&Saphire Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
just be patient it will take a while for them to get use to u are they in seperate cages if not then u might want to consider that it will be easier to train them

Nova - Horse
Solo - 6 month old keet!
<3 RIP SKY MAY 4,2008
Re: Helllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp [Re: Kiwi&Saphire] #211428 08/31/07 12:33 AM
MeLiSSa♥ Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
lolz, how u doing honey? im glad to hear u got another bird. but dont worry, thats how they are at first. if its excessively, maybe you should put on some music when you change their stuff. my bird was like that (the older one) i guess the older ones take longer to get use to u. good luck!

Re: Helllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp [Re: MeLiSSa♥] #211432 08/31/07 12:49 AM
L
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
L
awww hugs! don't worry--it's just that he or she doesn't give trust you yet--it's only natural, how would you feel if a giant hand descended toward you every day? smirk don't worry, just keep being gentle, talk softly, and he'll get used to you. remember, their cge is their safe-haven, so when you intrude upon it, they feel unsafe. just give it time and he'll begin to trust you and realize that you're not going to hurt him. good luck! smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site