mouth cut? (Urgent) #210913 08/28/07 08:15 PM
R
Rumi Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
R
Long time no see

anyways, about 3 days ago when i took xana outta her cage she started acting funny.

She had like these mini seizures (not really seizures) but she just kept shaking and twiching for about 5 seconds. i put her to bed about 11pm as normal and i woke her up about 1pm, a little later than usual.

nothing new when she woke up it was a normal day, but about an hour after she got up she sneezed then started shaking her whole head and body for about 5 seconds. i got kinda worried but she seemed ok after so i let it go, about another half hour later she did it again, it was a total of about 6-8 times in 7 hours. She slept alot that day, but i put her to bed like normal.

woke her up the next day and noticed she hadnt eaten anything, and if she did it wasnt much. She slept the whole day on my arm i woke her up every 2 hours or so to try and get her to eat but when she put a seed in her mouth and start to chew she spit it out and freaked out with the shaking thing. i got her to drink water a few times so she wouldnt dehydrate. she nibbled on the soft part of my plain bagel when i got breakfast so i thought the seeds hurt her mouth.

her poop was a dark dark green that day, i put her to bed at about 9pm since i was going out with a few friends for a late dinner. came home and she was sound asleep. I left the sheet open a little so that i could keep an eye on her from my desk. she slept through the night.

I woke up rather late and i left the cage door open. She was sitting on the cage door entrance waiting for me to come get her. I picked her up and took her with me to the kitchen to get a drink / food like always and i glanced over on my shoulder... shes sleeping. I set her on my desk, tried to feed her some seed, she started fluffing up and staying like that.

Now shes on my lap, sleeping away.. I dont wanna wake her up cause i figured she needs the sleep to get over whats wrong with her.. I thought she mightive cut her tongue on something i dont know what but now i dont even know.

also her wing feathers and tail feathers are turning gray. is it just her changing colors?

thanks for the help

Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Rumi] #210921 08/28/07 08:37 PM
F
Faith says hi Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
F
Get her to a vet right away.

I don't know what's wrong, but those are not good symptoms.

Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Faith says hi] #210922 08/28/07 08:40 PM
R
Rumi Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
R
ive wanted to take her to the vet since the first day... but my parents say they cant afford a vet and im soooo pissed because i have no money to do so either, i dont drive and i cant find a vet anywhere close to me.

Last edited by Rumi; 08/28/07 08:41 PM.
Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Rumi] #210942 08/28/07 09:07 PM
F
Faith says hi Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
F
Well, if she can eat soft things you could try to feed her a bit of banana, or some hard boiled egg.

But it really does sound like she's sick, since the symptoms all started with her shaking. Is there a shelter anywhere nearby, or a bird specialty store? You could try calling for advice; maybe they will be able to help.

Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Faith says hi] #210946 08/28/07 09:15 PM
R
Rumi Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
R
I bothered my dad till he said we could take her tomorrow. I called the vet if she takes a turn for the worst its 85.00 otherwise we have a scheduled appointment tomorrow at 10:15am and its 41.00 + whatever they do

I just hope im not too late

Edit: in the mean time should i let her sleep or keep trying to get her to eat and drink?

Last edited by Rumi; 08/28/07 09:16 PM.
Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Rumi] #210950 08/28/07 09:19 PM
F
Faith says hi Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
F
Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Faith says hi] #210951 08/28/07 09:20 PM
F
Faith says hi Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
F
I'm not sure.

I would probably let her sleep, but offer soft food and water when she wakes up.

Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Faith says hi] #210954 08/28/07 09:34 PM
R
Rumi Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
R
alright, ill go boil an egg thanks for the help

heres a picture of her from about 5 seconds ago :P she disided to atleast open up her eyes for the picture

(Dont mind the messed up date on the camera)

Last edited by Rumi; 08/28/07 09:38 PM.
Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Rumi] #210994 08/28/07 11:35 PM
Four Keets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I think she may be pretty sick. Her feathers are pretty fluffed up, of course they sometimes do that when they sleep, but that doesn't sound good at all. She 100% needs to see a vet. I hope she is going to be ok.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Re: mouth cut? (Urgent) [Re: Four Keets] #211007 08/29/07 12:00 AM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
she should see a vet,but if your parents won't give you the money to take her and you don't have your own money then I would go to the pet store and purchase Marvel Aid oral remedy it's an antibiotic a broad spectrum drinking solution,I pray it helps your bird.she's a beauty.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How Tire Shredders Affect Our Climate
by allenlu - 12/28/21 06:18 AM
Modafinil 200mg Tablet: Provigil Uses, Dosage
by modafinilxpills - 12/27/21 07:16 AM
Three babies!
by Lanapo - 12/24/21 11:55 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site