LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Introducing My keets (and help needed to sex them) [Re: tiffany28] #199569 07/15/07 06:46 PM
T
tiffany28 Offline
T
Originally Posted by tiffany28
Originally Posted by tiffany28
anybody out there want to talk. im new to the sight.i love all the pictures. how do you post pictures?
please somebody help me. i love my keets and i want to show them off. also i just like talking about my keet and the crazy things he does

Re: Introducing My keets (and help needed to sex them) [Re: tiffany28] #199607 07/15/07 08:58 PM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
are those pictures taken with flash?

17 year old korean female and proud.
너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: Introducing My keets (and help needed to sex them) [Re: sue!] #199608 07/15/07 09:02 PM
Joyceluvskeets Offline OP
OP Offline
No just with different backlighting. Does that effect the color of the cere?

I hope, hope, hope that I've got two males!

Re: Introducing My keets (and help needed to sex t [Re: Joyceluvskeets] #199613 07/15/07 09:32 PM
Joyceluvskeets Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and one more a bit dark
[Linked Image]

Re: Introducing My keets (and help needed to sex t [Re: Joyceluvskeets] #199615 07/15/07 09:51 PM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
great closeups! and yeah, flash can distort colors.
in the first photo, lindy looks like a girl because i see white rings around her nostrils. you're the best judge of that though.
and in the second photo, lindy's cere seems a bit bluish. (which also implies she's a girl, btw.)

and like everyone else said already, i think sky's a boy.

When budgies are a younger age (6 week to 6 months) it is much harder to work out the sex and it takes a trained eye to pick up the slight differences. The things to look for are an even pinky/purple colour over the whole cere for young males and a pink or blue cere with noticable white rings around the nostrils for females. This is where many go wrong for we associate pink for girls and blue for boys and many pet shop employees believe that this is how to tell the difference and incorrectly sex the birds.

http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au...tikel&cat=1&id=14&artlang=en

17 year old korean female and proud.
너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: Introducing My keets (and help needed to sex t [Re: sue!] #199986 07/17/07 11:24 AM
Jloc Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Very cute little keets! I'm gonna say that Sky is male and lindy is female, but as already stated they can be tough to tell so young, but its good to get them that young. I would definately setup a good avian vet when you have the chance(if you haven't already) because you never know when you might need one. Also, it helps a lot when the vet had already seem your birds healthy, that way they can tell if there are any problems.

Also, while at the vet you can have the leg bands taken off. It is a good idea to do this because they can cause problems. Obviously, they can get snug as they grow but that isn't really a common problem for little budgies. Other problems include getting the band stuck in bars or toys and hurting their legs, as in breaking or cutting. Cuts can be a big problem too because stuff gets stuck in the band and when a cut occurs the bird is much more prone to infections. All in all, I have found it to be better to remove the bands of little budgies. Just some thoughts though.

Best of luck with your little budgies and have fun. J

Frodo, Sam Wise, Shelby, and Scooter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site