Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
help help help!!!!!!!!! #174822 04/28/07 01:08 PM
T
Trey Offline OP
OP Offline
T
ok im a 16 year old magician and i bought a parakeet about march for my birthday and i had planned on using him in my act well had to train him so i stumbbled onto this site. well ive sat and i have read all about parakeets. and i have tried to use these techniques with training my bird but one problem is that i dont live with it all the time, see my parents are divorced and i live with my father but my bird stays with my mother because my stepmom wont let me bring it to my fathers house. so there for its hard for me to sit down and actually train it. when i first got stick (my parakeets name) he was a little scared but about the next day i could get him up onto my finger and he was just fine. well i played with that for a long time and he was doing just fine well i decided that it was about time i let him out of the cage and he flew around and played ontop of the fan and ontop of the cabinets. wel it was hard catching him but i finaly did and got him back into the cage. and for about a month everything was fine untill baby came along. my sister fell inlove with my parakeet and she wanted one her self and i was like cool that would be great for my parakeet. but she ended up and got a cockatill instead in was a new born bird and just had its wings clipped and the people that did it did an awful job they hurt her wings and everything i wish they hadnt done it but oh well. see baby wont let you touch her at all if you try she freaks out. well i think my parakeet has picked up on that because he has never done this befor i try to pick him up he flys around and around in his little cage just going crazy. and if i finally do get him he bites the living xxxx out of my fingers and ive tried everything to make him stop so if some one could help me in my predicament i would greatly appreciate it
thanks so much -trey-

oh p.s. one other thing stick is learning to open his cage is that good or bad??

Last edited by PDM; 05/23/07 04:00 PM.
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Trey] #174823 04/28/07 01:11 PM
T
Trey Offline OP
OP Offline
T
oh if you cold also email me at jessntrey@yahoo.com

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Trey] #175057 04/29/07 03:55 AM
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
sounds like youfound a magician of your own. my first keet used to break out and sam likes to lift his door but hasnt figured out how to get out yet thank goodness~ i would say work with him a lot and hav eyour mom work with him too...cant hurt all the help is good. i cant tell you how to hand train him because i do it completely wrong and i will get yelled at. i usually just kinda force them to listen to me and they react well to that.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kariva] #175084 04/29/07 08:00 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
wow...so ou bought a keet you can't really spend time with? I hope magic wasn't the only reason you bought a living breathing creature who's sole life depends on you, and the fact they need companionship and daily interaction, and fresh food and water, and they need to be able to bond over a period of time. A bird is much different from a puppy or kitty, they don't automatically love you, you have to work with them. How often are you at your mom's house? hopefully at least once a day, otherwise if its like only weekends or something that bird will not become bonded to you and over time will only become more wilder, so if you think about it and find you don't have the chance to spend at least an hour or more a day with it I suggest giving it to a loving home who considers the birds needs and not what tricks they might be able to teach it.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP
Makena- 12/14/06-9/2009 (To a Better Home)

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #175164 04/29/07 04:45 PM
S
Sunittles Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
S
I second Kila.
If the only reason you bought him was for your personal magic needs, then that's a bad thing. They are so different than cats and dogs. They need more than what you are giving him, if I understood that post correctly.
If you can't spend time with him, I suggest you give him back or spend more time. :[ I know it's kinda harsh, but you might be ruining that creature's life. :[ He'd be happier bonded to you and getting to interact with you.

My Flock -

Sunny 9/24/06
Skittles 3/27/07

RIP Snow 3/22/07 - 3/27/07
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Sunittles] #175247 04/29/07 08:04 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Also theres a chance he wont learn magic tricks, you should feel lucky just to get him to learn to step up, these are living creatures, there not meant for childish games that you'll probably grow out of. There meant to be taken care of and loved, and they need companionship. Its very selfish that you bought him for your games.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #175421 04/30/07 03:12 AM
B
Budgiebonanza Offline
B
It sounds really harsh, but I agree with Kila and Sunittles. If it's not possible for you to spend some time atleast every day with your keet, then I suggest you give him to a friend who can actually provide care for it! It's horrible if you bought an animal just to use in your magic shows, that's not right:( !!

My Pudgie Budgie!!
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Budgiebonanza] #175426 04/30/07 03:43 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Yeah...next time get a puppy, or a mouse.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #175543 04/30/07 02:38 PM
M
meljo93 Offline
M
Well, I agree that you probably won't get this bird tame enough for tricks without daily interaction. Does your mom let the bird out, and interact with it while you are away? If not, perhaps you should buy a larger cage, and get Stick a companion so he/she won't be so lonely. A cage where thay can fly.
I agree that they need companionship, just not necesarily from humans. My birds live in an outdoor aviary. They all have free flight, and have each other for companionship. I provide love in the form of food, water, treats, and toys. As long as all of these needs are being met... I don't think you are a selfish monster. In fact, I look at lone parakeets in cages that are too small for them to have flight exercise because they are so stuffed with toys as selfish. In the wild, budgies fly much more than an hour a day.

P.S. Also save some money up for vet bills... just in case.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: meljo93] #175591 04/30/07 05:19 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
I dont think anyone said the word monster, nice twist though.

As much as I hate to say it though I agree. Your budgie needs a buddy. When I first got Nouba we spent all kindsa time together and then school started and I was working till all hours so i got her Darcy and she's very happy... they both are actually. If you can sitll spend time with both birds then they'll still be hand tame but they wont ever bond with you.
Also, are you sure sticks a he? the whole random biting thing sounds very much like a budgie girl turning into a budgie woman smile Make sure his cage is never above your shoulder level, Shoulder dominance is a problemfor some budgies but people ignroe it because they're so tiny, just like people ignroe tiny dogs biting because they're so tiny but wouldnt stand for it in a large dog. Keets are the yorkies of the parrot world.
ANYway, please dont be offended, no one called you a monster as the person above me suggested, they just want to make sure you're doing whats best for your bird even if it sounds harsh.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #175626 04/30/07 06:52 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
yeah I'm sure theres a hamster or mouse out there for you, half tthe care half the brain, and you dont really have to spend time with it.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #175629 04/30/07 07:05 PM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
if you don't have the time to bond with your keet you should consider asking your mom to bond with it.keets are not toys and don't always take to training easy.it would be mean just to use him foryour own personal gain.

when you wish upon a star,you pray you wish comes true.
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: big bad momma] #175633 04/30/07 07:09 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Thats right you shouldn't get aa bird unless your willing to make the comitment, they are so different from any other type of pet.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #175715 04/30/07 09:42 PM
S
Song Bird Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
S
mad It's a life in your hands ya know! mad

~Sunshine and Pretty Boy (budgies)
~Ollie and Lennie (cockatiels)
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Song Bird] #175768 04/30/07 11:14 PM
A
Aerial Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
You get a bird to love, to be with and to enjoy each others companionship. They aren't implements or toys to be used when the urge arises.

I feel sorry for this poor little bird who's appears to be going to be subjected to a life of less than loving quality.

I think what you need to do is to find a loving home for this bird, where someone can and will take the time to bond with it and look after it.

I see far too many birds suffer anxiety, stress, health issues etc. because they're neglected and then have training and love forced on them.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Aerial] #175906 05/01/07 03:06 AM
LoveMyBoys Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Ok, I think you are all being a little hard on Trey, our new member. He may not have known that his step mom was not going to let him have the bird at the other house. He is obviously in enough difficulty by having to switch from one house to the other and back and forth.

There is no need to be mean to Trey.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #175907 05/01/07 03:14 AM
LoveMyBoys Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Correction: not ALL of you were hard on Trey, but most.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #175925 05/01/07 03:33 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
agreed

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #175938 05/01/07 04:49 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
well the homeand stuff is something to be considered beforehand, not after,I mean you wouldn't buy a bird and then go later and buy the cage

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #176253 05/01/07 11:26 PM
LoveMyBoys Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I see what you are saying Kila's mum, but not everybody actually DOES what you mention. The best thing we can do here now is to help Trey make the best of what he has, not scold him for what he should have done.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: LoveMyBoys] #176428 05/02/07 04:26 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
BetsyDaisy- I know its just so frustrating, I love my baby so much, I can't stand seeing birds being mistreated, or any animal for that matter. Ya know, its like having children and hearing someone talk about how they abuse their children, and how they want advice.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #176542 05/02/07 11:57 AM
A
Aerial Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
Sometimes reality is a hard task master and the truth can hurt. People don't set out to be mean but at 16 a person is considered a young adult and should be responsible enough to consider all possiblities that may arise.

Unfortunately and all too often I see cases where a young person, much younger than this, has purchased a pet without giving due consideration to the 'big picture'. The end result is often very painful and hard to take.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Aerial] #176575 05/02/07 02:24 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Originally Posted by Aerial
Sometimes reality is a hard task master and the truth can hurt. People don't set out to be mean but at 16 a person is considered a young adult and should be responsible enough to consider all possiblities that may arise.

Unfortunately and all too often I see cases where a young person, much younger than this, has purchased a pet without giving due consideration to the 'big picture'. The end result is often very painful and hard to take.

my thoughts exactly, I bought Kila after spending several weeks considering why I wanted her, and what it would take and whether or not I would be up to the task of possible caring for a bird for 15 years of more.

Last edited by Kila's mum; 05/02/07 02:24 PM.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #176691 05/02/07 09:54 PM
A
Aerial Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
A very wise decision Kila's Mum. Many young people tend to forget it's not just a short term commitment.

I've seen many cases where the child has a bird, that child grows, finds other 'distractions in life' and eventually leaves home, the bird of course has lost its novelty to a degree by then and is left with parents etc. who often feel obligated to take it even though they don't necessarily want it.

This of course not only applies to birds but other pets as well.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Aerial] #176929 05/03/07 02:50 AM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
omg i cannot beleave you people reading this post almost made me sick to my stomach, the boy is 16 years old for gods sake!!!! and correction to aerial 16 is not a young adult that is a child! maybe 18 or 19 young adult but not 16!!!!!! i agree he needs to work it out to be able to spend more time with the bird. but everyone has to admit when we all first got these birds we were not all educated. this child looked as this bird as a pet not thinking! like most CHILDREN do im sure he did not buy the bird thinking im going to torture this bird with lonelyness and mistreat him!! instead of being mean to him and talking to him like he is a 30 year old why dont we try to educate him.. it really made me upset to see how everyone was being sooo cruel to this CHILD! i mean really is a BIRD feelings more important than a real life HUMAN BEING?????????? i mean i thought people were harsh b4 this post? but my god this really put the topping on the cake. u people are sick and prolly kids yourself!

TEEKA R.I.P 6-1-07 R.i.p meeko 8-20-2010
allaboutkeets.cabanova.com
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #176941 05/03/07 03:17 AM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
kila's mum: while i agree with some of your points, i don't think it's right to degrade the values of other animals. they're living creatures too, just like birds. i hope you don't think that puppies/mice/hamsters are animals that require lesser amounts of care/attention/respect.

*M,T,L,J'S* Mom: i agree with you too, except I think that in most cases, being 16 definitely qualifies you for being a 'young adult.' in most cases, i don't think we are really children at that age. of course, i may have a somewhat biased view being that i'm only 17 years old, but still, i think my judgement is valid.

this is going a bit off topic, but who else thinks that 16ish=young adult?

trey: any updates? how are you and your bird doing? i really don't think that buying a bird to want to teach it tricks is that big of an issue, AS LONG AS you take good care of it.

guys, he said he has read most of the pages on this website! just because he's not there all the time doesn't mean that the bird won't get proper care. he can teach is mother how to take care of it, right?

gl trey, and let us know how you're doing!

17 year old korean female and proud.
너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: sue!] #176945 05/03/07 03:25 AM
WhitePegasus Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
and in answering his original question and in response to some of the feedback he has gotten thus far:
As long as the home the bird is in is willing to care for it while you are gone (IE change water/food daily, talk to it, give it fly time if at all possible etc etc). there is no real issue. Yes it's a bummer that the bird can not spend 24/7 with Trey but the point should be Stick getting proper care. As far as training a Parakeet to do magic tricks, I've seen it done but it needs 24/7 time and a VERY close bond to the owner/trainer. Sadly with the bird only in your care part time i don't think this will happen. You may be able to get Stick to the point of finger trained and trusting of humans if you work with him as much as you can when you can.
I hope we haven't scared you away Trey, some of these responces have gotten ugly.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: sue!] #176946 05/03/07 03:26 AM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
lol sueeee i remember that age 17 and of course like all normal teens they all think there as smart as adults and i will admit i was the same but i soon came to realize i didnt know as much as i thought i did, being that iam now a mother of 2 children i now understand just how much i didnt know at 17. im not trying to offend you or put you down i totally understand where your comeing from, but these people were treating him as if he was a full grown ADULT! thinking that he thinks like we do, and that just simply is not right.when facts come to facts young adult or not he is still NOT A ADULT, and did not deserve to be treated that way he came here looking for help and advice not to be yelled at put down and scolded! and he prolly came back and read all those mean post and decided never to return i mean hell ide do the same thing if someone talked to me that way. i mean really is this how we want this forum to be? rejecting people b/c they didnt do the right thing right away?but i really do agree with you hamsters dogs cats etc etc require the same love and attention as these birds, just because they dont show there emotions the same as birds dont mean they feel any different and dont mean they need less care and maintence. anyway im going to shut my mouth now i think i got my point across and i really think that if any of you who posted those mean post have any kinda of heart and are so careing for those birds as you say you are i think you should care enough about this boys feelings and apologize.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #176949 05/03/07 03:30 AM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
^ haha, *nod nod* you're definitely not the first to tell me so. i'll have to see for myself when i grow older laugh

너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: sue!] #176951 05/03/07 03:41 AM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
all I have to say is God bless america,it a country where everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and sweetheart if this makes one sick to the stomach what does the things that are going on out in the world do so much is taking place those things make me sick period.the killings in schools, the rapes.no one here is truly trying to hurt anyone.we're not like that for someone to even make that statement they haven't even began to know us.we stand for what is in the best interest of the birds;not people pride!first first last and always that what this forum is about.sometimes we might could be a little gentler but when any make staement like they have a bird for show or to profit from only we become upset.we have spent a lot of time and money to ensure our birds get the best of care.and in most states 15 is considerred a adult when a crime has been committed,when we don't think an bird is being treated or isn't going to be treated well so of us get very upset.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: sue!] #176952 05/03/07 03:43 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Originally Posted by suuuueee
kila's mum: while i agree with some of your points, i don't think it's right to degrade the values of other animals. they're living creatures too, just like birds. i hope you don't think that puppies/mice/hamsters are animals that require lesser amounts of care/attention/respect.

Oh no not like that I love all animals, in fact i have 2 dogs and a cat. I love them all so much, I didn't mean for it to sound so cold towards puppies and kitties. I love them all. I wasn't trying to jump at him so bad, I was in a bad mood that day and kinda took it out on him a bit, I wasn't trying to be so mean about it. I just have souch a enthusiasm to birds, so I'm not trying to say I hate everything else, O love my animals especially my puppy. I also like rodents my sister has actually had rodents in the past, and the rats espeically are indcredibly smart, hers actually learned its name and stuff.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #176958 05/03/07 04:15 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
Erh... just to correct you MTLJs mom... Kila isnt much older then 16 herself and she has the ability to know how to care for a keet. I'm 21 and im pretty sure that while I didnt know a lot about the ways of the world at 16, I atleast knew that if I decided to care for a pet, I had to care for it properly and for the rest of its life. So dont discredit this kid too much. While you might think 16 year olds are dumb (as most mothers do) they are actually quite capable of knowing little things like this.
Also keep in mind that as a mother of two you're obviously a bit older then 16 (I'm not gonna hazard a guess at your age lol) and you need to think of this. 16 has changed since you were there. most 16 year olds are learning things now in hs that you may have learned in college is you chose to do so. A rediculous amount of 16 year olds have had sex, done drugs, and drink regularly. I'm pretty sure that if they're capable of making decisions like that, they're capable of taking care of a bird or realizing they cant take care of the bird and just leaving it at the pet store...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #176966 05/03/07 04:30 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Originally Posted by HEATHEsaurusREX
Erh... just to correct you MTLJs mom... Kila isnt much older then 16 herself and she has the ability to know how to care for a keet. I'm 21 and im pretty sure that while I didnt know a lot about the ways of the world at 16, I atleast knew that if I decided to care for a pet, I had to care for it properly and for the rest of its life. So dont discredit this kid too much. While you might think 16 year olds are dumb (as most mothers do) they are actually quite capable of knowing little things like this.
lol I'm 18 heehee. Its all good.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #176968 05/03/07 04:33 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
which is not much older then 16 lol, you're not thirty or anything, i consider myself to be not much older then 16, that's why i used me as an example

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #176972 05/03/07 04:38 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
lol I know, its all goood, I feel 16 most of tghe time, and I know that when I was 16 I wouldn't have bought any pets without considering the consequenses if I had decided I didnt want it anymore. in fact my sister bought a rat but the truth was it wasnt that she wanted to take care of him, she just wanted a pet of her own, in fact I used to clean his cage for her, and spend time with him as well. So I know a 116 year old can make decisions. There are 13, 14 year olds on here who are good bird parents. So I totally agree with you HEATHEsaurusREX

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: big bad momma] #176974 05/03/07 04:47 AM
A
Aerial Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
In my country a person of 16 is a young adult and can be charged as an adult for certain crimes committed. The courts can and do, look at that age as young adult. They are permitted to legally leave home, have sex, have children, obtain a drivers licence and much more.

In other countries some are legally entitled to get married, in others 16 is still seen and treated as a child.

Much depends on the country though, this forum of course being world wide, people from a wide variety of cultures posting.

The problem with forums though is that there are some very young posters here who don't take the time to consider every option available and tend to fly off the handle, to coin a phrase. They don't have the life skills of age or maturity to see the full picture and take the normal course open for that age group.

I know many young people of 16 who are extremely mature and responsible for their age whilst there are those double that age who lack responsibility and maturity.

As I stated earlier, I see many instances of young people buying pets and just not having the life skills to deal with them correctly. Unfortunately it's usually the animal who suffers long term. This is in my professional opinion.

Last edited by Aerial; 05/03/07 04:49 AM.
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Aerial] #177085 05/03/07 05:20 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
ok now to correct you heather i never said that 16 year old are "dumb"!! i only said that at 16 that most teens do not think it threw like most ADULTS would, that is being a normal teenager! and i all i said was that people did not need to be so cruel to him, yes correct him teach him how to care for his bird, but do not scold him and put him down and kila did, by saying it was not right for him to buy the bird for his own "CHILDISH GAMES"! And i was right i see most of you are kids and so i understand all of you takeing each others side which is totally fine your acting your age and nothing is wrong with that. i was just stateing my opinion that you guys shouldnt jump to conclusions and be so cruel after all, these birds are ANIMALS, And beleave me i love my birds and i take good care of them i would never hurt them, but i would never hurt someones feelings or talk down to someone who is a HUMAN being and is only acting natural, UNLESS they were beating the animal or starveing the animal ON PURPOSE! and i said it befor and ill say it again "im sure he did not buy the bird thinking he was going to be mean to it and torture it, he obviously cared enough to come on here and tryed to get some advice on how to care for his keet. but im sure none of you took that into perspective. young adult or not he did not deserve the treatment he received!

Last edited by *M,T,L,J'S* Mom; 05/03/07 05:32 PM.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177086 05/03/07 05:31 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
in response to kilas mom "There are 13, 14 year olds on here who are good bird parents"
there are alot of good illusionist and liars in the world too, i mean how do you really know how could of parents these 13-14 year olds are? are you there everyday watching them care for there keets? do these 13-14 year olds have school dureing the day the parents work and the keets are home alone? do they not have homework to do? friends to hang out with? and you want to tell me these keets get the attention they deserve? dont get me wrong im sure there are some that do it right. but when it comes down to it a teen is going to be a teen. i still disagree 16 teen is not adult, hince the word! "TEEN" and yes in some cases teens are tried as adults in court "WHEN THEY COMMIT MURDER"!! anyway im done argueing this is begining to get off topic and really stupid if you ask me,just please guys try not to be so mean, try to understand the situation take in all possibilitys befor you jump to conclusions. people do have feelings and are not all cruel and abusive as you all assume people are. im sorry i just have a big heart for every liveing thing specally humans and i couldnt just sit back and watch you guys be mean to this boy..

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177089 05/03/07 06:09 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
"And i was right i see most of you are kids and so i understand all of you takeing each others side which is totally fine your acting your age and nothing is wrong with that."

here’s the thing though. WE are acting our age by not taking sides, just expressing our own opinions. You however, are acting like a child by taking this as a personal insult. I consider myself to be an adult. I pay bills, I pay rent, I'm graduating College in 2 weeks, I work for a living... these are all of the things that you think qualify someone as being an adult yes? I am 22 so there is no 'teen' in my age.
However I was 16 not too long ago and I remember exactly how I thought. No I had never drank... I had never paid bills, I had rarely driven... but I was adult enough to know that I have to care for animals correctly or they're better off without me. I was adult enough to know to research any animals before I even considered buying one. At the time I had a golden retriever. I walked her and played with her every day, made sure she was brushed at least once a week and bathed at least once a month. I made her vet appointments, I gave her any medications she needed. I cared for her. And I started caring for her like this by the time I was twelve. Just because you're young doesn’t mean you don’t know any better.
And the 13 and 14 year old parronts she was talking about was mainly LLPB. She's 13 years old and takes excellent care of and has excellent knowledge of her birds.

And I love how you deem yourself able to end the conversation. Such an 'adult' thing to do when you know you're wrong.

p.s. taking doesn’t have an 'e' in it

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #177095 05/03/07 06:36 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Exactly, age has nothing to do with responsibilty. There are middle aged people who take terrible care of their pets. lol, Heather I was actually gonna comment on the spelling myself lol

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177098 05/03/07 06:39 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
it was really a rather childish level for me to stoop to but it angers me when people use age as an excuse, either to be dumb or to be smart. Age means nothing.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #177101 05/03/07 06:50 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I'm 21 and im pretty sure that while I didnt know a lot about the ways of the world at 16, <---------- is this not what you said?

I am 22 so there is no 'teen' in my age. <----- and is this not what you said?
what age are you really? and who are you to say im acting like a child? when you are argueing along with me? real adult thing to do lmao

"A rediculous amount of 16 year olds have had sex, done drugs, and drink regularly. I'm pretty sure that if they're capable of making decisions like that, they're capable of taking care of a bird or realizing they cant take care of the bird and just leaving it at the pet store"
if you think that that is a responsible thing to do at 16 years of age maybe YOU shouldnt have birds either!

you bathe your dog once a mth?? that in itself is cruel i mean would you take a bath only once a mth?

and what i really want to know is why are you evan in this conversation i wasnt evan talking about you, no where in my first post did i mention your name, i actually think you and one other was the only ones i thought were being respectful. so this had nothing to evan do with you.

"And I love how you deem yourself able to end the conversation. Such an 'adult' thing to do when you know you're wrong."
i deemed myself out of this convo because it is getting very childish!!!!! i am a adult i am able to do that!

another thing i dont really see why you are getting all angry talking about your age, did i ever call U child? i seen how old you said you were, i never said you are a TEEN!!

"And the 13 and 14 year old parronts she was talking about was mainly LLPB. She's 13 years old and takes excellent care of and has excellent knowledge of her birds."
i really dont consider 13 to be a good age to try and bring a life into the world! since we are talking about these birds as if they are human! and if i had known she was 13 i wouldnt evan be taking advice from her! i think you people take this [censored] to the extreme and its really stupid that you sit here and actually go against what a vet has to to say thinking you know better than they do! ive seen it too many times on here.

and since we are haveing a spelling bee, parronts is spelled parents!!!!!!!
you know ive tried to be nice ive kept my mouth shut and said lets give these people the benifit of doubt that they know what they are talking about and ive put up with scolding to me directly because there was things that i knew i did wrong and i took it like a woman a adult! but im sorry i dont have to take this [censored] or yours.. if your such an adult im going to treat you like one. NOW IM GOING TO BE THE ADULT HERE AND WALK AWAY AND END THIS CONVERSATION. NOTHING WAS DIRECTED AT YOU. all in all i just wanted people to lay up on trey a little bit if you cant understand that then you ARE childish!! and HEARTLESS!!

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177104 05/03/07 06:52 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
SWEARING BLOCKED

Last edited by Lisa Shea; 05/03/07 08:48 PM.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177107 05/03/07 06:59 PM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
OMG.

*M,T,L,J'S* Mom come back in a couple weeks and read everything you've written. i hope you're surprised.

너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: sue!] #177108 05/03/07 07:08 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
i might just do that , and then ill will use kilas excuse "i was in a bad mood that day"!!

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177113 05/03/07 07:31 PM
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
i can't believe things have gotten this far.wisdom and knowledge are not necessaryly things one get with age.it's learning thru experiences.there are a lot of people who are on here have both and are under 25.I wish they could spead it to the world.being young or old is no excuse for doing something that can be harmful to a pet or person,that's the bottom line!let it go and move on.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: big bad momma] #177120 05/03/07 07:47 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
erh... parronts is a play on the word parrot and parent. It means you are the parent of a parrot. Dumb.
I just turned 22 so please excuse me for posting on my birthday as 21 and the day after as 22.
You aren't supposed to bathe dogs more then once a month (or atleast, labs and retrievers you aren't. My vet actually suggest no more then once every two months). They have oils in their coat to help protect them from rain and if you bathe them too often it gets rid of the oils. You're only supposed to brush them very often to stimulate the skin and hair follicles and get stuff out of their coat. So... yeah. You bathe your dogs every day and let's see what kind of condition their skin is in.
Saying you wouldn't have taken advice from LLPB if you knew she was 13 is just like eating something, saying it's delicious, and then finding out it's frogs legs and saying it's gross. It's either good advice or it isn't, it doesn't matter what age the person that it comes from is...
Also, you have such a YAAYY I'm not 19 anymore I'M AN ADULT attitude. Kinda like sophmores in HS who are excited that they're no longer freshman so they get an attitude.
Also, I never once suggested you were talking about me. I knew exactly who you were talking about. But I have had the 'How old are you?' question directed at me on this forum before as an attempt to discredit me and I honestly don't think that it's appropriate to say people don't know things because they're younger then you (Which, btw, according to your theory you're still quite the young'n too considering the fact that you are less then a year removed from having the word 'teen' in your age). You're older then they are and obviously have a lot more to learn in the social skills area then they do.
And P.S. 'ending' the conversation is a childish thing to do. Or at least according to the people who taught me social skills it is. You have a conversation until all parties agree that they have come to a conclusion otherwise it's like you're taking your ball and going home because no one wants to play your way... can we say child?

I would also like to say that I think it's a shame you've taken this this far. I really do like you and think you're a wonderful contributing member of the forum. It's a shame that you can't see past people's ages. I would have loved to be able to see more posts about your fids (not a typo, it means feathered kids) and watch them grow up with you.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #177131 05/03/07 08:14 PM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
poor trey...

너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: sue!] #177138 05/03/07 08:33 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
yea your right this has gotten out of hand, but i have to say heather you have took what i said in the first post and twisted it all around, all i meant to say is that "most" younger people NOT all younger people do not think things threw as good as a adult would. i never said they were stupid i never said they were dumb, and no im not saying that people here dont know what they are talking about yes ill admit i said some things in the previous post that were untrue but hey im human you made me mad lol im sorry if what i said got taken the wrong way that is not how i meant it to sound. i just felt bad for the boy that everyone was jumping on him like mad dogs. he is a young person that came here innocently looking for help. so like i said heather, kila im going to be the adult that i am and im going to apologize this has gotten way out of hand. i never meant to hurt anyone by what i said, and alot of you are very very smart and ill admit you know what your talking about. but you also have to admit that not all teens are as smart,and responsible as most of you are. i have a 15 year old brother so beleave me i know how irresponsible teens can get and it is totally normal, that is why i felt bad for trey. so there it is there you have it IM SORRY. you all are very nice people and have been good to me but like i said befor i just wish people would really pay attention to how you word things because there are people out there that really take things to heart. by the way no im not 19 im 28. not that it matters. so anyway hope this is over and done with. it was really stupid to start with and i think we ALL Really acted childish! also llpb if you read my post sorry hun i know you prolly took that personally but beleave me i didnt meant it i was very ticked off and i apologize directly to you. you are a very smart young lady. and just so you know heather i dont wash my dog everyday i was her like once maybe twice a week shes a inside dog and i use specail soap for her skin as to not dry it out.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177144 05/03/07 08:47 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
You're right it did get way out of hand and I’m sure I helped it along the way. I did feel as if trey was being jumped on a bit too harshly I just am very offended when people bring age into knowledge, one has nothing to do with the other. The reason why I said you weren’t that far removed from 19 is because you said in one of your posts that you were 20 please excuse the confusion. Also, my family rescues labs... as in people hear about us and bring us dogs they don’t want or don’t have time or room for. I promise we take good care of our dogs. They are groomed more then amply, if we were to even attempt to wash both of them (in the time period I'm talking about we actually had three, 2 labs and a golden) as often as you wash your dog we would never be done washing dogs lol smile
Apology accepted and I hope you accept mine, I said some harsh things, I think this is a silly reason for you to stop coming here.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #177147 05/03/07 08:52 PM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
laugh doesn't this give you guys a nice, warm, mushy feeling inside?

너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #177148 05/03/07 08:52 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
yes it really is, and the reason i said im 20 is because i really dont like to post my REAL info over the net i dont evan have my correct birthday listed lol but im sure you understand that lol apology accepted from you also. dont worry about it, it was very silly but im sure we all react the same when mad. which im sure you can understand why i am so sensative (<-- hope i spelled that correctly lmao j/k) when it comes to younger people " ihave children of my own." and well i havent seen anymore post from him lol i guess we scared him off and ha ha i dont blame him. and kila if you read this i apologize to you also.

Last edited by *M,T,L,J'S* Mom; 05/03/07 09:01 PM.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177150 05/03/07 08:53 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
your silly suuuueeeee " but i have to admit it kinda doe's lmfao"

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177185 05/03/07 09:25 PM
WhitePegasus Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
[Linked Image]

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: WhitePegasus] #177192 05/03/07 09:34 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Right, well I'm glad everyone's friends again.

Back to the initial post, it is obviously important that pets are taken care of. It doesn't matter how old the owner is, there must be someone, caring and responsible, to look after the pets. I started a thread, before, about birds being part of the 'entertainment industry'. I was concerned, but maybe it depends on how well the creatures are cared for.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: PDM] #177194 05/03/07 09:35 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
agreed on both counts PDM smile

Last edited by HEATHEsaurusREX; 05/03/07 09:35 PM.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177261 05/03/07 10:34 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Originally Posted by *M,T,L,J'S* Mom
i might just do that , and then ill will use kilas excuse "i was in a bad mood that day"!!

Whatever floats your boat. lol Its all good. And on the bright side, we all have squishy little cuddly birdies.....not that I suggest the squishiness to be tested... whistle

Last edited by Kila's mum; 05/03/07 10:37 PM.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177265 05/03/07 10:45 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Originally Posted by *M,T,L,J'S* Mom
yes it really is, and the reason i said im 20 is because i really dont like to post my REAL info over the net i dont evan have my correct birthday listed lol but im sure you understand that lol apology accepted from you also. dont worry about it, it was very silly but im sure we all react the same when mad. which im sure you can understand why i am so sensative (<-- hope i spelled that correctly lmao j/k) when it comes to younger people " ihave children of my own." and well i havent seen anymore post from him lol i guess we scared him off and ha ha i dont blame him. and kila if you read this i apologize to you also.

i didnt know if you seen this kila.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177288 05/03/07 11:02 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
I did, and the warm, mushy squishy gooey feeling has returned smile

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177291 05/03/07 11:03 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
lol ok whatever floats ya boat lol j/k

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177334 05/03/07 11:44 PM
C
candy Offline
C
I haven't been on here in a while, but i have to tell you i am shocked at this childishness. You people need to go back and read this whole thing. 2 people did treat that boy bad and they should be ashamed. I stopped coming on here because some people on here are silly and some think that they are the only ones who know anything about birds. It's really ridiculous. There are even some who, when a new person gets a new bird and shows their pics and stuff, can only say "oh, what a cute bird, BUT you need to get it a bigger cage, don't feed it that, change it's perches, are you sure you're responsible enough to take care of it??" What makes any of you experts on bird care???? And what makes any one of you better than anyone else?? And did I read in this post that LLPB is 13??? You have got to be kidding me...

My babies-
Sunny, the tiel
Mami,Stanley,Snow White,Prince Charming, the keets
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: candy] #177348 05/04/07 12:02 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
see... we had this all resolved... and then, you come and bring some bad will.
We arent experts, we never said we were. We always say everyone's birds are gorgeous, so I dont know where that is coming from. We love to see pictures and fawn over everyones babies. We sometimes do mention cages and perches however any responsable pet owners should want suggestions on how to correctly care for their pets, yes? We don't hold a gun to anyone's head. We never force anyone to do anything. We just suggest, and usually at their behest.

And not to be rude, but if you stopped coming on because we're all so silly A) why are you back? and b) why did you waste your precious time reading through this?

thanks and have a lovely day smile

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamRockStar] #177354 05/04/07 12:07 AM
C
candy Offline
C
I was just surfing the net. I didn't say you were silly, did I? I just said some people. And advice is fine, too, when people want it. You have a nice day too. smile

My babies-
Sunny, the tiel
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: candy] #177356 05/04/07 12:09 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Originally Posted by candy
I haven't been on here in a while, but i have to tell you i am shocked at this childishness. You people need to go back and read this whole thing. 2 people did treat that boy bad and they should be ashamed. I stopped coming on here because some people on here are silly and some think that they are the only ones who know anything about birds. It's really ridiculous. There are even some who, when a new person gets a new bird and shows their pics and stuff, can only say "oh, what a cute bird, BUT you need to get it a bigger cage, don't feed it that, change it's perches, are you sure you're responsible enough to take care of it??" What makes any of you experts on bird care???? And what makes any one of you better than anyone else?? And did I read in this post that LLPB is 13??? You have got to be kidding me...

Really i'm on here all the time, and i never noticed you lol. If you don't like us go to a different forum, maybe...just maybe someone might like you on there. good luck now!

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177357 05/04/07 12:10 AM
C
candy Offline
C
LOL.... an excellent example..... smile

My babies-
Sunny, the tiel
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: candy] #177359 05/04/07 12:13 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
"I stopped coming on here because some people on here are silly" is what you said.
Since I was one of the main instigators of that little spat and you were calling us childish for fighting I assumed I was one of those that you meant.
either way you're kind of rude

peace.

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: candy] #177361 05/04/07 12:16 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Well i don't care if people think I'm childish, or rude, but i can't stand when people come on here and accuse without talking it over and maybe asking why we feel the way we do on something. Instead people have to come on and attack us, and most of the time don't know the whole story. So maybe we're childish who cares? The point is theres nothing wrong with being a little childish every now and then, but giving advice to newbies and critism is not being childish its trying to help them make a better enviroment for their bird. And sorry if I dont go out and write a poem or an essay on how wonderful I think someone's bird looks. I didn't know that was expected of me.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177428 05/04/07 01:05 AM
C
Chalk Offline
Companion
Companion
C
Alright, alright. Let's all just simmer down and have a nice big group hug. [Linked Image]

Good. Look, everyone is childish/silly at one point or another (and if they aren't, then they must be inhuman), whether they mean to be or not. We were all kids at one point or another, and we all had to learn how to think things through. Another thing we had to all learn was how to "play nice" with everyone else, so let's pull that back into play here (no pun intended). Everyone's got a different opinion, it's no reason to get at each other's throats (even if there is a fake good-natured smile in front of it).

Now, to try pulling this thread back on track (if we didn't scare poor Trey away with all this):

With you not being around that often, it's going to be hard training Stick. He probably won't really bond with you since you're not around all the time, but maybe you'll be able to teach him some stuff. Summer is coming up, after all, so hopefully you'll be able to spend some more time with him?

As far as him suddenly becoming wild and trying to bite you, about how far away from the tiel's cage is Stick's cage? If they're pretty close, or even in the same room, then Stick would probably rather bond with the other bird than pay attention to you, and that makes things alot tougher as far as training goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| R.I.P. Nami |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life = evil. It's keeping me from the computer.
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Chalk] #177465 05/04/07 01:45 AM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
i agree!

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177474 05/04/07 02:03 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
indeed...I think we need Dr.Phil lol

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177488 05/04/07 02:40 AM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
thats it im calling him up right now! him and dr frasier crane! hey i actually have him on my myspace lol "if its really him and not a impersonator" but i really dont think he is. lmao

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177498 05/04/07 03:11 AM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Me:*points* There he is!!!
Dr. Phil: o.o;;;;;;
Me: Wait!!! come back!! DOn't run away!! WE NEED YOU!!!!
Dr.Phil: Please untie me....

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177541 05/04/07 11:38 AM
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Wow, now this is a topic I have to save to my computer...very interesting. laugh

Last edited by 3budgies; 05/04/07 11:38 AM.

RIP Jayka, Grayson, and Emmit
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Stephen] #177548 05/04/07 12:54 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi

I really think that if someone shows a photo of a bird that is in an overly small cage; or two birds in a cage designed for one, then the natural reaction of bird-lovers is to say how lovely the birds are and then to advise on getting a more suitable cage.

Similarly with any other issues of concern.

Personally, I don't think it's a case of asking for such advice ~ by joining the forum and putting one's birds on show here, members can expect appropriate comments.

If something is wrong, then it is right to criticise and advise. what I will say, though, is that this must be done constructively, positively and politely.

If someone is scared off, then they won't be around to heed any good advice.

I'm not criticising anyone, by the way, just giving y opinion.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: PDM] #177558 05/04/07 01:40 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
Originally Posted by PDM
Hi

I really think that if someone shows a photo of a bird that is in an overly small cage; or two birds in a cage designed for one, then the natural reaction of bird-lovers is to say how lovely the birds are and then to advise on getting a more suitable cage.

Similarly with any other issues of concern.

Personally, I don't think it's a case of asking for such advice ~ by joining the forum and putting one's birds on show here, members can expect appropriate comments.

If something is wrong, then it is right to criticise and advise. what I will say, though, is that this must be done constructively, positively and politely.

If someone is scared off, then they won't be around to heed any good advice.

I'm not criticising anyone, by the way, just giving y opinion.

I completely agree. I think if someone really loves their birds they should be willing to here constructive critism, and tipps on how to improve it. I know I've been geen advice on here many times, I take it very serious and try to improve what is being said whether it be what kind of perches I have for my bird or the size of her cage.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: PDM] #177568 05/04/07 04:26 PM
ILoveMyKeets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I completely agree with the PDM. The reason's people join this forum is for advice about there bird's but when someone is asking for that advice we should be able to do it with constructive critism not rudely otherwise these people asking the question is not going to get help and neither is there bird's. A lot of us on here started out with smaller cages than what we were supposed to have and when someone brought it to our attention we changed it but we have to watch how we say things so we are not hurting other peoples feelings. The only other advice I can give is post the way you would want others to post to you.

P.S. Trey there is lots of topics on here that can help you with correct cage sizes and lots of other things as well so if you need help finding that let us know and I am sure someone here is willing to help including me.

Blue Aug 06(Rip7-28-07)
Kikko Aug 06
Jinx Sept 06
Marley Oct 06
Lola Oct 06
Sunshine Dec 06
Angel X-Mas 06
Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: ILoveMyKeets] #177573 05/04/07 04:42 PM
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
i completly agree, advice should be givin with respect, not scolding. im totally up for any advice anyone gives me i mean if im doing something wrong please please please tell me. i do not want my birds to be hurt or unhappy. no one deserves to be yelled at or scolded, unless they are beating the animal or starveing the animal on purpose.

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: *6 budgie nutz*] #177595 05/04/07 07:37 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
speaking of tacos...I'm kinda hungry

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Re: help help help!!!!!!!!! [Re: Plumb_pudding] #177596 05/04/07 07:38 PM
P
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
P
I also agree though, because like when I as new I was told that having only two wooden perches was hard on the feet I went out and bought comfy perches, I wasn't insulted or anything, I took it as everyone ttrying to help me better myself as a bird parent.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
NEW YEARS WISHES
by EVA21SA - 10/15/20 07:51 PM
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by EVA21SA - 10/10/20 07:50 AM
nike air max2 light blanche
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:53 AM
nike air max2 light schwarz
by yj80m3rx - 10/10/20 06:42 AM
Frankie is sick again
by Tally - 09/28/20 09:13 PM
The Hand and The Knife
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 07:00 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by EVA21SA - 09/18/20 06:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by EVA21SA - 09/17/20 07:32 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site