Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
This is getting a bit anooying #173429 04/24/07 01:10 AM
T
Twitchy&Snowball Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My birds are partially hand trained but sometimes come out by themselves.Recently the birds have been flying on to my finger and off. What anooys me is that for some reason both Snowball and Twitchy have been constantly flying at my face and smacking my face with their wings and then flying off and doing it agian.

It may not be as painful as a bite but it always anooys me to get smacked in the face with my birds wings.

Last edited by Twitchy&Snowball; 04/24/07 01:11 AM.
Re: This is getting a bit anooying [Re: Twitchy&Snowball] #173518 04/24/07 04:48 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
i would say that they think they're in charge.
Clip them. I dont mean this as punishment or anything I mean that it will make the behavior less frequent and by the time their wings grow out they'll forget it was ever a good time

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: This is getting a bit anooying [Re: ShamRockStar] #173579 04/24/07 03:39 PM
Pigeon Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Sounds like they're tryin land to me, pigeon sometimes flys straight at people but then lands on there head and sits on there head just for height realy.

You could try doing some step up exercises, make them step up a few times... Though i might be thinkin of something only works for parrots...

Best thing to do maybe if you dont want to clip them would be train them so when they land on your finger they receive millet, and when they hit you in the face they go back in the cage. Any luck they'll catch on...

Also, do they use your sholder? If you trained them to land there they might stop tryin for your head

Re: This is getting a bit anooying [Re: Pigeon] #173593 04/24/07 04:34 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
nope the step up thing works for keets, anything that happens in bigger parrots happens in keets too people just let them get away with it cuz they're tiny. Kinda like how yorkies really should be treated exactly like rottweilers but they gt away with yipping and biting cuz they're so little and cute

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: This is getting a bit anooying [Re: ShamRockStar] #173603 04/24/07 05:00 PM
Pigeon Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Lol yeah but when a Yorkie yipps to much....*BOOT* off it goes halfway to the moon...Try that on a rottweiler and off goes your foot ;P

(Note, im only j/king. Animal abuse is not funny =( )

Re: This is getting a bit anooying [Re: Pigeon] #173611 04/24/07 05:26 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
Actually its the oppostie way around a lot. a yorkie yips and people ignore it a rottie barks and people yell something like DOZER SHUT UPP! and the dog stops. that's what I mena. with bigger birds people make sure they're trained certain ways so they dont get dominant because a bigger bird who thinks they're dominant can be a nightmare and a health risk. Everyone lets little brids do whatever because they're little. I jsut figured out Noubas huge biting problem is a dominance thing since her cage is up high which is something that is common in larger birds, but I didnt think it applied to keets...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: This is getting a bit anooying [Re: ShamRockStar] #173614 04/24/07 05:31 PM
Pigeon Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Thats intresting.... I hate rottweiler with a passion cause was one on road i use to live on and would bark and growl EVERYTIME i went near it...

Anyway, the cage thing makes lot of sence, cause for keets higher is safer...So in wild would be the fittest, strongest keets who'd get the highest branchs :P

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site