L
Have you heard about it? It's horrible! Do you know any victims? frown

Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: Laurie] #170627 04/17/07 05:02 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
My mom called me to make sure I didnt get shot, I then had to explain to her how Baltimore and Vtech arent anywhere enar eachother smile

it is horrible though, and its so scary because that can happen anywhere ::shivers::
you just never know...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: ShamRockStar] #170707 04/17/07 05:00 PM
L
Laurie Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
L
lol, your mom seems funny!

But it was horrible, they had video footage and the screams were terrible! Why is it always schools, the selfish shooter only shot himself after killing many innocent people! And after the first shooting, why didn't they have a lock down? The shooter gave them 2 hours to get away! Isn't that enough?? But they just continued classes like nothing went wrong, that makes me so mad!

Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: Laurie] #170776 04/17/07 07:46 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
My school had a special edition of the paper today so maybe I can answer some of those questions.
This is all guessing so far the police dont have concrete evidence.
The shooter went into a dorm and shot his ex at 7:15 am (most likely called her and asked her to talk so she let him in and when they got to her room he shot her) then the RA came to see what the problem was and the guy shot him too.
The guy got away before V Tech police could get there and they thought it was amurder suicide. An isolated incodent. Although why an ra would shoot a student and then himself is beyond me
ANYway the students recieved an email announcing that two students were shot in the dorm building at 9:29 am.
They recieved an email saying that there was a gunman loose on campus at 9:59 am and classes were cancelled at 10:27 am.
Apparently V tech (scarily much like man other colleges) has no emergency action plan. Colleges tend to think they're beyond school shootings and when people get to college they are a lot less cooperative with learning the emergency plans then they were in hs.
I remember n hs we had 2 lockdown drills and 2 evacuation drills a year just incase so we all knew what to do in the vent of a lockdown (we had one my senior year for a bomb in one of the bathrooms and eveyrone knew exaclty what to do, it was nice to have that sense of structure) meanwhile the students at v-tech were left guessing as to waht to do when they heard gunshots two rooms down. I read that a few of the boys in the academic building heard the shots and ran into a friends girlfriends class and barricaded the door with tables and told everyone to get down and out of the way. The gunman tried to get in the room and when he failed shot through the door multiple times and then moved on. Those boys thought fast, the other had no time. Apparently in the classroom where the majority of the shooting took place the shooter (vtech alum btw) came into the classroom calmly like he was just going to say hello pulled out a gun and shot the professor point blank in the head and then unloaded 2 handguns on the class.

After reading all of this I read that my school has no emergency action plan either and honestly it scares me. What do I do if someone opens fire in one of my classes...

the reason why they continued classes was because the administration and campus polic honestly had no idea what was going on or how big this was going to be.
Honestly though I would be so angry if someone was shot in one of the dorms and I didnt know about it immediately... even if the thought it was unimportant. My freshman year a girl was raped by 2 guys in a dorm that was connected to mine (we have multi dorm 'communities' here) and we didnt receive emails about it until two days later and security guards and having to sign people in took another few months to work out, meanwhile I had to worry that some random guy was going to walk into my room and rape me if I left my door unlocked. I think that administrations tend to minimize violence on campuses because they have to to keep admissions up but every college campus has violent crimes and they should all be prepared for something like this. Hopefully, sad though it may be, this incodent will spur colleges into coming up with effective emergency action plans...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: ShamRockStar] #170792 04/17/07 08:09 PM
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
It was front page new today in my Canadian Paper how awful. I cannot imagine the horror.

In the states do you feel that guns are everywhere? It is a clear tangible presence in everday life? Just wondering cos we have alot less gun violence (sadly though it grows).

Schools slowly are waking up , U of Toronto has a plan for shootings and pandemics but thats all I know of. University have a kazzilion doors I am not sure how but it doesn't matter how someone owes it to the public to make a plan for every darn school and all it kazillion doors on what to do. How to lock down where and when and how to get students out.

As it stands now everyone has to think of their own escape plan from their usual route around campus. Doesn't seem right.

This is horrible.

Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: ShamRockStar] #170793 04/17/07 08:10 PM
Connor Offline
Regular
Regular
I was at Tech for an engineering tour when one of the bomb threats (which was right outside the building everyone on the tour was in) was made. Also, i go to almost all of the home football and basketball games and hope to attend Tech for college. It's just hard to believe that anyone could possibly do this, especially at a school where i feel i have so many connections like Tech.

Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: Connor] #170796 04/17/07 08:23 PM
S
Song Bird Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
S
Such sick, horrible people in the world! mad

~Sunshine and Pretty Boy (budgies)
~Ollie and Lennie (cockatiels)
Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: Song Bird] #170830 04/17/07 09:32 PM
sue! Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
i know someone that goes there, but he wasn't hurt.

17 year old korean female and proud.
너 진짜 바보구나...
Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: sue!] #171027 04/18/07 01:26 AM
S
Sunittles Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
S
He had mental issues.
Really.
He was like depressed and stuff. They said he was super quiet and whenever someone would talk/approach him, he'd walk away and ignore them.
The guy was also taking some anti-depression pills or whatever they are called. They said he was steadily getting more and more violent ...

My Flock -

Sunny 9/24/06
Skittles 3/27/07

RIP Snow 3/22/07 - 3/27/07
Re: Virginia Tech Scool Shooting [Re: Sunittles] #171147 04/18/07 06:58 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
S
one of the kids in his english class posted Cho's plays online...
they're deranged. Apparently the english teacher tried to get him help but he didn't want it...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Obesity raises Risk of Cancer
by landale - 12/01/22 11:40 AM
winter reminder for our birds
by AllanMajor - 11/27/22 06:25 PM
Mathematics tutor
by knightgael - 11/26/22 06:08 PM
Windows-Sicherheitsp
robleme

by landale - 11/26/22 02:30 PM
Jewelry Watches
by knightgael - 11/25/22 08:33 PM
Jewerly men's watch
by landale - 11/25/22 08:19 PM
How can you feed pigs inexpensively
by textekprinter - 11/25/22 02:17 AM
Help choose a gift for my brother
by knightgael - 11/24/22 01:37 PM
I want to buy a watch
by landale - 11/24/22 01:03 PM
Photo Print Sizes
by RandellHamilton - 11/23/22 04:00 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site