LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16853 07/19/05 06:56 PM
A
Abby&scitals Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
A
i wasent splashing them in the face ether i was splashing around and she turned an it got her in the face.

Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16854 07/19/05 06:56 PM
R
ReggieTheBudgie Offline
Friend
Friend
R
If that teaspoon of water stimulates a spasm of the larynx, then you can't breathe, that's what's lethal about getting water in your lungs. Normally though, as soon as water touches your trachea, it stimulates a cough reflex and you just cough the water out. I'm sure it's happened to everyone here at least once - when your drink "goes the wrong way".
So for a teaspoon of water to kill a human, some of their normal reflexes would have to be supressed.

Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16855 07/20/05 03:01 AM
atc_jason Offline
Regular
Regular
I mist my birds all the time. And when I take showers they sit on the shower rod and love to be splashed. I do it all the time and by no means would I say it would kill them. I don't mean to be rude, but maybe under rare circumstances would splashing a bird kill them.

Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16856 07/20/05 04:34 AM
budgie101 Offline
Companion
Companion
I would not use a hair dryer at all because there is teflon inside the dryers. A hand towel will do but don't squish them in it. The bird have airsacs all in the chest area and if you sqeeze them there you can kill them.

Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16857 07/20/05 06:25 AM
S
Shannon Botzler Offline
S
How often are you suppose to bath your keets?

Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16858 07/20/05 07:26 AM
A
Aerial Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
You bath your keets according to the weather. Warm weather, more often.
Never use cold water.
It's quite ok for them to get splashed with water, just not to an extreme when it will knock them over.
I've never yet come across a keet that drowned from having water splashed in it's face.

Re: my birds are shivering after there bath do i keep them in a towl or what do i do? #16859 07/20/05 10:57 AM
T
Tweety-holic Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
T
One question...doesn't vaccums scare keets so much it can give them a heart attack? Also, is it true that in thunderstoms (I do this just in case) you need to move your keets where there are no windows, so they will think it is just house noises because they will have a heart attack if you don't?? One of those reasons is how my dear little Fluffy died. frown

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Why in 2013 Abercromibie Fitch Jackets So Popular?
by Conrad John - 11/23/21 09:15 PM
What is Sustainable Leeather
by alishanathaniel - 11/21/21 11:21 PM
Assessing Your Local Tire Recycling Market
by allenlu - 11/15/21 08:21 AM
Xanax cod saturday delivery fedex
by Walgreens USA - 10/29/21 09:43 AM
Buy Modafinil 200mg Tablets Cash on Delivery
by modafinilxpills - 10/27/21 08:32 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site