Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150581 07/02/06 08:17 PM
Monterrey0love Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Brynna was my neighbor and lived right behind me. This is an aricle about her>>

"Brynna Peters worked hard on diligently on school assignments, coloring with pencils, writing words that rhymed with pot. In what seemed like no time at all, the 6 year old finished half a stack of worksheets. "Brynna loves school." her mother, Alisha, said. "She's really smart." her father Virgil 'Pete' Peters, added as Brynna turned and smiled through her long dark hair. Yet this day, Brynna was working from her wheelchair near the living room window in her home, a table near her makeshift desk. For nearly two years the Peters family - including Zach, 12, Lexi, 10, and Chelsey, nearly 2 - has pulled together to support Brynna as she went through radiation treatments, countless trips to physicians and now chemotherapy to shrink an inoperable brain tumor that was discovered when she was four. "There had been an outpouring of well wishes, gifts, prayers, and meals from the area." Alisha said. "It's just unbeliveable." Pete said. Alisha and Pete forst took Brynna to see a doctor in spring 2004, when they noticed she was avoiding using her right hand and leg. For six weeks, starting in May 2004, they had made the roughly 120-mile round-trip five days a week to ------, MN., for Brynna to recieve radiation treatments. "We were told it was the best type of treatment for the type of tumor." Alisha said. It was successful, and the tumor stopped growing again. "It was our hope that it would never start growing again." Alisha said. And for nearly two years, it didn't.
March 7th, tests showed the tumor had begun growing again. This time, Brynna started chemotherapy treatments at home, but Alisha said they're still waiting to see if they had an effect. On good days, Brynna's been able to make trips to ------ Elementary School to visit her kindergarten classmates. She is still able to walk with assistance but uses a wheelchair for longer distances. The family had a special time earlier this month when they took a week long Make-a-Wish trip to Florida. A ------- resident paid for Alisha's parents to go as well. As a "certified animal lover" Brynna's favorite activity in Florida was "Pets Ahoy" at Sea World. She said she enjoyed the antics of the cats and dogs. She also enjoyed the 3D movies at DisneyWorld. But when the family returned, Brynna took a turn for the worse, Alisha said. She developed a cough and was worn out. School time was limited, and she continues to recover. "You do not know how many things you take for granted until something like this happens." Alisha said. To offset medical expenses and ensure Alisha and Pete are able to stay home and spend time with Brynna."

The sad news is... she died a couple days ago.

Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150582 07/03/06 12:50 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I am so sorry about Brynna. That's really sad.

Are you sure that her parents are ok with you putting all these details (particularly sibling names) on the Internet?

Homi-Charlie-Skittles-Kiki-Jazz - I am unable to PM you; could you PM me, please? Thank you. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150583 07/03/06 01:43 AM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Her website is:
<http://www.caringbridge.org/mn/lovebrynna/>

You can visit if you want.

Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150584 07/03/06 01:45 AM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
PDM - They are fine with putting the names on the internet, you will see they also have them on the website.

Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150585 07/03/06 02:11 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Thank you.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150586 07/03/06 09:32 PM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Your welcome.

Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150587 07/03/06 09:38 PM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I went to her funeral today. It was really sad. Someone made a special banner that was hung up in the church saying, "Brynna I have called you by name You are mine". And it had a cross and a dove on it too. The verse they quoted beside Brynna was in Isaiah, in the Bible. it's sad just seeing a hearse.
This was the first time I went to a funeral that the person didn't die of old age.
There was a bouquet of flowers that we could take a flower to remember her by. I took a daisy and I'm going to press it.

Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150588 07/04/06 04:09 AM
BirdieJabbers Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
That's so sad. frown She seems like she was such a sweet little girl. Her family is in my prayers.

Haiku & Me!
RIP JACK FROST \:\(
Watch a keet grow! http://www.wavian.com/keet/pictures.html
Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150589 07/05/06 06:19 PM
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
It is sad whenever someone does... but we do have to remember the good times with them too...

Re: "A Benefit For Brynna" (This is important!) #150590 07/13/06 03:30 PM
snowandcookie4ever Offline
Companion
Companion
I am so sorry for her family. tell them JW prays for them.

I could have bought a color TV, but I chose an old black and white one. Deal with it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Buy Artvigil 150mg online
by rxonlinesecure - 05/20/22 08:53 AM
Statue of Liberty Co-opted by Christians
by dfdchgf - 05/18/22 12:04 PM
Architecture photography challeng
by latinkaone - 05/16/22 09:30 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site