Page 1 of 2 1 2
Knowing Your Pets…. #149912 05/18/06 11:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot of talk on here about not letting your pets mingle together… Now I’m no animal expert but I know my pets. I could put all my pets *my cat, my rabbit, my Parakeets, my turtle, my cockatiel, my rats and even my late pit-bull Isaac* in one room together running around free and not have to worry about a thing.. *except my rat Oedipus because he likes to attack everything* It is all about knowing your pets… For me the key to a happy healthy pet is knowing them like you would know your child or a good friend… What are their likes and dislikes things like that… Who reacts to what? Who is friendly with whom? I don’t think I could live in a house full of animals if I had to worry all the time about one of my pets being hurt by another…

So knowing your pet is what I think the best way to prevent any accidents… ^_^

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149913 05/19/06 12:18 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Cyn, that's a miracle, but you sound too sure, you can NEVER be too sure..., they're your animals, who am I to prove you wrong if you feel you're right?

0=]!

Good Lucky & God Blessy! 0=]

Oh, Cyn, how's Cricket doing?

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149914 05/19/06 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cricket is sooooooo great... He healed emotionally alot faster than I thought he would... He is a spoiled too... O_o

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149915 05/19/06 12:53 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Awe! I'm so happy foor you and especially for the little baby!

0=]

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149916 05/19/06 12:54 AM
A
AyEe Y0o Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
A
Awe! I'm so happy for you and especially for the little baby!

0=]

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149917 05/19/06 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's great that you can do that with your pets. But never let your guard down too much. How many times have we heard/seen news stories where the most docile, loving family pet (usually a dog) suddenly turned on a member of their own family (usually a child)and severely hurts or kills them? It's impossible to predict how an animal will behave at all given moments, no matter how well you think you know your pet. This happened to my father with his dog...he'd had it for years. The neighbors dog came over every day and they even ate food together. One day dads dog (coincidentally a pit bull also) turned on the neighbors dog out of the blue and despite my dads efforts to get them apart, his dog killed the neighbors dog (a hound dog). My dad was devastated because this dog was like his child, but he had to euthanize the dog for the safety of all the grandkids and other pets around.

So I'm not saying you're wrong - you may put them all together and leave them forever and nothing bad EVER happen. I just didn't want folks to lose their cautious approach to this. They do say never, never, never leave your pet (dog/cat) alone in a room with your small child. For alot of folks, Our pets ARE our children too - so maybe we tend to forget that they do have the ability to attack. Whether it be another pet, or our children. Just be careful is all I'm saying - if you have them loose together in the house just keep a close eye on them, for safety's sake.

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149918 05/19/06 04:26 PM
dailey929 Offline
Companion
Companion
you know cyn, thanks for posting this because i SO agree...

now animals can never be trusted 100% ...caution is always a must...

but i get my dad's house they've had dogs, birds and cats always and NEVER Had an animal hurt another...we've even raised a raccoon and a woodpecker we found that had fallen out of the nest!

its all about the breed of the dog, the training and the animal's socialization...and using a bit of common sense of course....

accidents can happen but they can happen between bird and bird too...a bit of common sense and knowing your animal goes a LONG way...

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149919 05/19/06 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well like i said i trust all my babies. And Isaac was the biggest baby if em all... Sometimes when I had the naimal out they all love to just pile on him. And He would just lay there with out a care in the world... Even when my rabbit would try to get fresh with him Which was soooooooo funny to watch... Isaac was a great dog to his last day... I miss him... frown
[Linked Image]

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149920 05/19/06 11:38 PM
dailey929 Offline
Companion
Companion
haha! we have a lot of the same movies!! lol

OMG the pic of the bunny and the cat is just priceless!!

i think its great you have such a different array of animals...i dont trust people who aren't animal people....

isaac looks like a sweetheart...

thanks for sharing!

Re: Knowing Your Pets…. #149921 05/20/06 03:57 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
I had cats that were afraid of a rabbit and the cats I have now were afraid of my sons guinea pigs when we baby sat them but I would not dare to leave them in same room with my birds I think they would like to make a snack of them. And my goofy bird Tiki dive bombed Buddy one of my cats once so she would be a snack for sure. I know my past dogs and cats got along great I just would be to afraid myself to let my birds loose with my cats. I did have a dog once that I would have trusted he was the best dog ever had him when my boys were growing up he was like a mother hen to them. That dog would have given his life for my boys if it came down to that just a funny story my one son got in trouble with me so I was going to give him a swat on the but the dog grabbed my arm (not hard) my son just thought that was so funny that the dog would not let me spank him. He was with my boys where ever they went that was one very sad sad day that we had to have him put to sleep.

My name is Connie
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Summit White als auch Tech Grey
by AllanMajor - 10/06/22 02:04 PM
medieval stained glass dragon
by AllanMajor - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
Health and Behavior Questions.....
by AllanMajor - 10/03/22 02:32 PM
Need To Unplug
by AllanMajor - 09/30/22 12:11 PM
Getting Your Book Published
by AllanMajor - 09/29/22 08:57 AM
CC02 Rubber standard golf club gripes
by WilliamC00 - 09/28/22 02:33 PM
GARDEN FLOWERS
by Daruka - 09/27/22 06:18 PM
God's Court
by leyibop - 09/20/22 08:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by juniovidx - 09/08/22 12:04 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site