Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149855 05/15/06 12:42 AM
chirpy Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I am not a huge fan of country music, but I think the Dixie Chicks have made country music interesting because, among other things, they are courageous enough to speak their mind even in the face of threat and adversity. There was an interview on "60 Minutes" tonight on CBS where they revealed that they received death threats after they spoke out against the war. Did anyone watch it? If so, what do you think?

Re: Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149856 05/19/06 04:32 PM
dailey929 Offline
Companion
Companion
i didnt watch it but i am also not a big country fan...but i admire them and am thinking about buying their cd because of their controversy...i personally think we need more americans like them....

they handled it all with grace and perseverence in a peaceful and respectful manner...

Re: Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149857 05/21/06 12:48 AM
chirpy Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I agree with you, Dailey. Quite a few well known singers also took a strong anti-war stance, such as Bruce Springsteen and James Taylor, just a name a couple.

I guess the Dixie Chicks were singled out because they are from Texas, and many of the country music fans, particularly Texans, are pro-Bush. The Dixie Chicks are quite talented, and I hope they will make it big again.

It seems that many posters here are young, and they may not be familiar with the group or share in what we believe.

Re: Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149858 05/30/06 08:41 PM
snowandcookie4ever Offline
Companion
Companion
I heard in a commercial during the CMA's that they had something to say about country music fans. does anyone know what they said? BTW country music rocks!!

I could have bought a color TV, but I chose an old black and white one. Deal with it.
Re: Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149859 05/30/06 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it amounted to they don't care, never did, she wants to cross over to pop. The reason her comments were so distasteful to the rest of USA is that she was not here when she said it she was in a foreign country. Which is very insulting to the country (ours).
Me, I hope they bomb right on their butt.

Re: Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149860 05/30/06 10:03 PM
climbtreez Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Animom, maybe she was afriad of being attacked or somthing.

Well Im personaly proud of them. They stuck to their guns and didnt appologize because people didnt agree with them. And look at where they are now. The song is played on VH1 every morning when I watch.

WARNING: May resort to babaling and ranting at times. Short attention spans take caution.
Re: Dixie Chicks Speak Out #149861 06/08/06 04:33 PM
V
victor Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
I've never been a fan of country music - but I believe that anybody has a right to take a stand for what they believe in. If they have worked hard to succeed and thus are in a position to broadcast their views loudly, then I tip my cap to them and say well done.
Sure is nice to see all the people who claim to be good Christians going around and saying mean things about them. What ever happened to thou shalt love thy neighbor? Oh but I guess you can just pray for forgiveness and that makes it OK.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Summit White als auch Tech Grey
by AllanMajor - 10/06/22 02:04 PM
medieval stained glass dragon
by AllanMajor - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
Health and Behavior Questions.....
by AllanMajor - 10/03/22 02:32 PM
Need To Unplug
by AllanMajor - 09/30/22 12:11 PM
Getting Your Book Published
by AllanMajor - 09/29/22 08:57 AM
CC02 Rubber standard golf club gripes
by WilliamC00 - 09/28/22 02:33 PM
GARDEN FLOWERS
by Daruka - 09/27/22 06:18 PM
God's Court
by leyibop - 09/20/22 08:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by juniovidx - 09/08/22 12:04 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site