Page 1 of 2 1 2
hi #149468 04/14/06 10:44 PM
P
paula k Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
P
Hi everyone. I haven't been around for awhile. I have been very busy since we found out my husband has cancer. I know there are alot of new people here but still some old friends.
I do stop in to read some posts but I don't have time to chat. I hope to be able to stop in more often when things settle down.

My keets make me laugh everyday, they are so much fun to watch. I am so glad I got tillie a friend. The two cagemates get along wonderfully and now that my husband is recovering from major surgery and is going to start his treatments he is really enjoying the birds. Something he didn't really seem to care about a couple moths ago.
Thanks Marie for posting back to me. I was hoping you were still here.

ava and abby
Re: hi #149469 04/15/06 12:43 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
So sorry to here about your husband. We have my parents living with us and have 2 of the keets in their living room the cage sits right between their two chairs and they both like watching and talking to them. Best thing that they got. Thought it was so funny my mom only had one bird in the cage and I had just gotten my 3rd bird anyway my dad tells me "your mom wants another bird" Well I knew the pet store only had 2 left and she did not want those and the guy that breeds them she would never be able to get down to the room where he houses the birds so I told her I would give her our new bird. Anyway the funny part is I don't think it was so much my moms idea as it was my dad's. So then we went the very next day to the humane society and took the two parakeets they had. So now we have 6 birds in the house 4 in our cage which is huge (my husband built it) and 2 upstairs by my parents. I really think they help get your mind off of bad things. I'll say a prayer for you two. I know this is not a fun time (I almost lost my husband back in 96 but he is fine now so take care of yourself. I know I held a lot in and did not let family know how I was feeling I had to be the strong one. If you ever need to just chat if you would like I'll answer private messages if you don't want to I'll understand as well because you really don't know me. Give you a little low down my husband and myself are in our late 50's have 2 sons married and 1 grandson they all live in different cities so don't get to see as much of them as I'd like. I quit my job last year and we added on to our house and my parents moved in since then my dad has had a stroke and my mom's health is not to good either so I am care taker pretty much. Have 2 cats and 1 betta fish then my husband got me a parakeet for valentines. We would watch the birds at the nursing home when my dad was there for a short time and I sort of kidding told him he could buy me a bird never thinking he would. Well that was in Feb and since then we have accumlated 6 bird cages and 6 birds can't wait for my grandson to see them he saw the first bird. Anyway thats a little about us I'm new to the site since Feb

My name is Connie
Re: hi #149470 04/15/06 02:39 AM
icequeen50 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Hey paula your back some old hands at the key board is a comfort. So sorry to hear about your husband. I lost alot of family, i am glad he is with you and i am hopeful that all will be okay. I am glad he likes the keets, they are a WONDERFUL PAST TIME. I keep ading myself. one of these days my husbands gonna move out, just kidding. He knows I like them and enjoy them, he doesn't have anything to do with them, but i love em! Glad to hear your back, type when you can! laugh

Re: hi #149471 04/15/06 11:30 PM
Monterrey0love Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Did your husband's surgery be a success? I hope he is okay, I know someone, my neighbor, she is 5 and she has a tumor. They don't know how long she is going to live... frown =(

Re: hi #149472 04/15/06 11:59 PM
P
paula k Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
P
His surgery went okay but he will start his treatment possibly next week. Things are not looking really good for him though. Of course everyone is praying and hoping for the best but doctors say the cancer is so advanced and give him about a year give or take a little.
I hope he will be one of the lucky ones and fight with all his has. He is in gods hands now and we are just trying to take one day at a time.
Thanks for asking, it is greatly appreciated.

ava and abby
Re: hi #149473 04/16/06 12:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I care and you are on my mind all the time. I wish you were not so far away, I'd let you lean on me. I hope you have found a support group to help you through this and after. I'm here..anytime
((((Paula))))

Re: hi #149474 04/16/06 04:28 AM
P
paula k Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
P
Guess what marie...I am so glad I have you to lean on. You might be far away in miles but not when it comes to the heart. I think back to september when I first joined this forum. I was always amazed at everything you posted. I even chuckled at your sense of humor. You not only know birds but you know things about life. I admire that. Believe it or not I think you are one of the strongest people I have ever met. I really appreciate you and I am glad I kept coming back to the site to see if you were online.
I posted some new pics of emmy but you have to go to chatparrots.com to see them. It is alot easier to post pics there.

ava and abby
Re: hi #149475 04/16/06 05:02 AM
Chrissy Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Paula I hate to hear that your husband has Cancer it is good that you have good spirits about it. I know it isn't easy at all when a loved one that is very close to you is diaganosed with such a horrible thing. I know My Father had Cancer 2 years back and he is a survior and so is my Brother in law he had it all in his body and had the Agressive Chemo treatment but both they caught earlier enough. If you need someone to talk to don't hesitate like Animon if you need a shoulder we are here. May God be with you and give you strength.

Hearth & Home
Come see us.
Learn PSP and See our Children Section and our New Pet Section.
http://olecountry.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
Re: hi #149476 04/16/06 05:20 AM
P
paula k Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
P
Thanks chrissy. I sometimes wonder why this is happening to us. He is only 51 and I am 46. We were just talking about our future plans back in december. How things can change? I hope the drugs will slow the cancer down, the doctors say there is no cure. He could be a lucky one and be put in remission but even the doctors don't know. That is the hardest part, not knowing.

ava and abby
Re: hi #149477 04/17/06 12:42 AM
Monterrey0love Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
It is hard... dealing with cancer. I really want to help find cure. It is so horrible. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site