Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bird died this morning.. #143520 02/13/07 07:19 PM
MindyO Offline
Friend
Friend
Originally posted by Holz911:
My sisters bird died this morning. My mother let me know that G-G had been plucking his feathers but otherwise acted normal. (played, ate, drank, sang, ect.) He was fine last night but this morning he was dead. She found him at the bottom of the cage, face down. No obvious signs of trama, so.. what could have happened? She has another bird, who we introduced in December, seems fine, we want to get my sister another bird but don't know what killed the first one? We got G-G when he was 6 wks old and that was 11/05. Any suggestions?
I'm sorry to hear about the death of your sister's bird. It is always sad to hear about a bird dying. Did you know you can take the body to the vet and they can find out what killed it? This is important if you have another bird because it could essentially save the other bird.

Mindy \:\)
Re: Bird died this morning.. #143521 02/13/07 07:21 PM
MindyO Offline
Friend
Friend
You also want to monitor your bird's poop. Here's a site where you can study and compare to your bird's poop.

http://www.birds-online.de/gesundheit/gesallgemein/indikatorkot_en.htm

Mindy \:\)
Re: Bird died this morning.. #143522 02/13/07 09:42 PM
K
Keetiebeaks Offline
Companion
Companion
K
Feather plucking can also be a sign of genetic problems that develop over time with overbreeding in keets leading to physical and pyschiological problems. Also sometimes keets pluck their feathers if they are in pain... as a neurotic sign of illness, maybe from tumors, which are also pretty common in keets.

The above is true as well... boredom contributs as does clausterphobia too. I agree that for two keets, unless they are out all day long except to sleep, need a bigger cage that than that.. Ebay is a good source for cages, local animal resucues, and bird shows are good sources as long as the cages are cleaned and well kept. So sorry for you loss.. I know it hurts. Hang in there and keep your head up.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Summit White als auch Tech Grey
by AllanMajor - 10/06/22 02:04 PM
medieval stained glass dragon
by AllanMajor - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
Health and Behavior Questions.....
by AllanMajor - 10/03/22 02:32 PM
Need To Unplug
by AllanMajor - 09/30/22 12:11 PM
Getting Your Book Published
by AllanMajor - 09/29/22 08:57 AM
CC02 Rubber standard golf club gripes
by WilliamC00 - 09/28/22 02:33 PM
GARDEN FLOWERS
by Daruka - 09/27/22 06:18 PM
God's Court
by leyibop - 09/20/22 08:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by juniovidx - 09/08/22 12:04 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site