Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Someone Help! Parakeet Sick! #143297 01/13/07 09:37 PM
S
Selini_Mastoris Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Would someone please tell me whats happening to my parakeet! he is 3 years old and it was perfectly fine until today.
just this morning it started bleeding foamy blood from its beak! i dont know what to do!
i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but, about twoo weeks ago, my other parakeet has been flying upstairs as much as possible. so much weve had to catch it and put it back in their cage. but when its in the cage its fine.
if anybody knows anything about this symptom would you please tell me what i can do??????? i dont have enough money for the vet right now so i need help very badly!
Edit/Delete Message

Mastoris
Re: Someone Help! Parakeet Sick! #143298 01/13/07 09:53 PM
Ophelia And Natalie Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Call your vet for advice, that's usually free. I keep my vets buisness card on my bulliten board.

It's probably best to figure were the blood is coming from first, inside or outside the mouth. If it's outside, around the edges or something, flour or QuikStop will stop the bleeding. If it's inside, you need a vet more than anything. Most vets are nice, and you can probably get an I.O.U. from what I figure.

Or, call the emergency animal hospital. It's just an ER for animals, and most towns have one or two. They might not specilize in birds, but may be able to do a little something, most vets/vet assts. know bits about birds on the side.

Re: Someone Help! Parakeet Sick! #143299 01/13/07 09:57 PM
S
Selini_Mastoris Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally posted by Ophelia And Natalie:

It's probably best to figure were the blood is coming from first, inside or outside the mouth.
well, now the foam is clear. its not bloody any more. and its not bleeding anymore either. just alittle blood on the outside of its beak.

Mastoris
Re: Someone Help! Parakeet Sick! #143300 01/13/07 10:05 PM
Ophelia And Natalie Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
That's really very weird, never heard of it. Parakeets don't really spit, or have much saliva for that matter. If he's trained, wipe up his mouth with some paper towel, or plain unlotioned tissue. That might help you get a better look.

The only thing I can think of is if he ate something, and puked it back up to "feed" you. Also, once SillyBirds keet Snow, ate red pellets and puked them up all over. If it was unmistakably blood, call the vet, at least.

Re: Someone Help! Parakeet Sick! #143301 01/18/07 12:02 AM
K
Keetiebeaks Offline
Companion
Companion
K
Are you sure it was blood...? Do you have any keet toys that are for chewing that have are red? Some colored toys are acutally made with a red dye that when chewed will come off and get on the feathers or in the saliva. Could this be it or something it ate maybe?

Re: Someone Help! Parakeet Sick! #143302 01/18/07 08:06 PM
LLPB Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
If it was discharge from the cere/nostrils, you NEED to call a vet ASAP. That's a sign of illness.

LLPB

RIP
Lemon, Lime, Paradise, Blizzard, Oreo, & Vanilla
♥ Always

I LOVE Skittles!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Summit White als auch Tech Grey
by AllanMajor - 10/06/22 02:04 PM
medieval stained glass dragon
by AllanMajor - 10/05/22 12:17 PM
Health and Behavior Questions.....
by AllanMajor - 10/03/22 02:32 PM
Need To Unplug
by AllanMajor - 09/30/22 12:11 PM
Getting Your Book Published
by AllanMajor - 09/29/22 08:57 AM
CC02 Rubber standard golf club gripes
by WilliamC00 - 09/28/22 02:33 PM
GARDEN FLOWERS
by Daruka - 09/27/22 06:18 PM
God's Court
by leyibop - 09/20/22 08:41 PM
What does this dream mean?
by juniovidx - 09/08/22 12:04 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site