LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Applying The Parakeet Diet To My Bird #141712 05/25/06 08:36 PM
only_shamsa Offline OP
OP Offline
I read the page about the Parakeet diet and I wanted to apply that to my bird "Choochi".

The Problem is that I've tryed to feed her almost everything and she doesn't want to eat none of it. I gave her Cat Kibbles, cooked beans, broccoli, carrots, and lettuce. The only thing she wants to eat is millet, which is as you said very high in fat. And I felt that she's becoming more fat every day.

Millet was the only food I was giving her, that was before I read about it in your Web site. But when I did I gave her the diet which was mentioned in you're Web site. And That's what happened, she refused to eat.

I don't want her to feel hungry and at the same time I don't want her to become FAT and unhealthy!!! Please tell me, what should I do with her??

Thanks,
Sara.

"If you want your dreams to come true, don't SLEEP"
Re: Applying The Parakeet Diet To My Bird #141713 05/25/06 10:39 PM
zeenarox5 Offline
Friend
Friend
Same problem here. confused

Zeena and Ernie are awesome! I love them with all my heart!
Re: Applying The Parakeet Diet To My Bird #141714 05/25/06 11:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to be patient and even if they don't eat it keep putting it in anyway. Have a special dish where food other then seed goes. I started my birds on brocolli tops, but its not just breaking it off an doutting it in the cage. They won't eat the stalks or stems only the tops and only if I cut them off so the plate is full of little brocolli beads, then after a few days I started adding things, like chopped egg, spinach, corn, peas. I buy frozen mixed veg run hot water over them, throw them in the food processor and pulse a couple of time, not mushy just slightly chopped. They love ground cornflakes. Birds are suspcious of anything new in the cage. Now mine will at least try anything on the plate.

Re: Applying The Parakeet Diet To My Bird #141715 05/26/06 12:19 AM
S
sampa Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
S
I have had no luck..... confused frown

Re: Applying The Parakeet Diet To My Bird #141716 05/26/06 08:53 AM
only_shamsa Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks so much Animom. I'm going to try what you have suggested and I hope it's going to work smile
Thank you.

"If you want your dreams to come true, don't SLEEP"
Re: Applying The Parakeet Diet To My Bird #141717 05/27/06 03:02 AM
icequeen50 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
sometimes it pays to put some veggie on top of the seed in their dish. I have a teil who refuses to eat them unless you hand hold it while he eats it prior owner spoiled him and now it's hard to get him to eat vegies on his own. i then procceeded to put a few different ones in the morning on top of his seeds and he started to get the point. It's slow but it's aleast steady. He would much rather i baby him then to figure out he is a bird.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site