Print Thread
breakthrough! #116086 09/16/06 08:00 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
So today i decided I was gonna see if nouba liked splasing around inwarm trickling water in the bathroom sink better then her tub (newsflash she did not...) so I took her in there and let the water run and put her on the counter and she hopped a bit to closed to the edge and fell in and was the most pathetic wet mess on the face of the planet cuz she was obviously not enjoying herself so I took her out and got a towel witht he idea the she could sit on that and dry off (yes folks I usually have dogs... they like seeing the towels when they're wet, i dont know where this came from but I think I thought shed figure out to roll around or something) any way I put the towel down on the couch and put her on top of it and she promptly hoppe back on my hand and up my arm to my shoulder and just sat there for like half an hour and I was talking to her and breahting on her trying to warm her up and she started preening my hair it was really cute, she was also letting me scratch her head which she usually doesnt but then she started biting my fingers about a half hour in so I took her back in her normal room and put ehr back in her cage cuz i gigured she was just cranky ... but i thought it was a breakthrough all the same...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: breakthrough! #116087 09/16/06 10:34 PM
V
victor Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
good job yes that sounds like a breakthru. perhaps you could repeat it again.

Re: breakthrough! #116088 09/17/06 05:44 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
yay I'm so extied, now whenever I take her ot of her age shes crawling all over me smile

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: breakthrough! #116089 09/18/06 11:29 PM
BlueBudgie5555 Offline
Ooh, sounds soooo exciting. My first pet was a budgie, which I got when I was seven. I was moving, so I gave him (I think s/he was a male.) to a friend who also has budgies. I had him for two years...and when I gave it to my friend he died...I think it was from starvation, because they probably didn't chack the food and thought the shells were...

And now I'm getting two. I have educated my self thoroughly, and plan to check this page when I get them.

OMGOSH, I'm so happy for you! It sounds like she really loves you. ^_^

(^v^) This is Blue. Together, we
() () will rule the Universe.
//YY
Re: breakthrough! #116090 09/19/06 12:26 AM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
did the same thing today (bath time and whatnot) I tried to conviced her a bath wasnt bad by talking soothingly to her and just letting her sit in the little puddle until she realized it wasnt hurting her, then I took her out and she couldn't crawl onto me fast enough, she actually crawled up my pants twice and then started squawking at me cuz she was in my pant leg lol. ill post pictures of it later...

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09
Re: breakthrough! #116091 09/21/06 04:59 AM
C
colr4life Offline
C
Hi HEATHEsaurusREX, I would like to ask how you got your keet to be comfortable in leaveng his/her cage. Mine steps on my finger now, but the moment I move an inch, she jumps off to go to the closest perch or cage wall. If you have any suggestions, it would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: breakthrough! #116092 09/24/06 10:51 PM
S
ShamRockStar Offline OP
Copper Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
S
Wel... Honestly her first few days of life with me ncolved being moved an hour from the store to home which included moving from her original cage to that stupid little box (the woman at the store told me it was safer then a travel cage, stupid woman) to her travel cage when she got home and then she moved from the mantel to my car 2 hours to my apartment and then into her home cage. So really... I think she just doesnt have issue with it anymore because of that, however, when i have her out in the same room as her cage she frequently will stand around for a second and then leap for her cage again. i also have a playground for her out of her cage and she loves that...

I'm a little disappointed though, she needed to vacate the apt for a few days so my room mates parents took herr and now she doesnt step up anymore, it's like she's reverted, she's also being very nippy so I'm wondering if maybe she's hitting her teens and the timing just happened to coincide with her adventure?

Nouba
Vegas
Linus
*Darcy* 7.2.09

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site