Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I am having trouble with bitting #115413 07/12/06 03:53 PM
parakeetboy Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I need to know how to make a parakeet to stop bitting. I want to train them to step up but they always bit me. I talk to them when put food in there dish or anytime when I am in the cage, and even when I am walking by. I got them pretty much to where I can go by the cage and them not running to the other side. So what should I do?

Here is a riddle for you that 80% of a kindergarden class got that only 17% of the staff got. PM me the answer.
What is greater than God, More evel than the Devil, The poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you will die?
Re: I am having trouble with bitting #115414 07/12/06 04:18 PM
P
Purichan Offline
Regular
Regular
P
Well, your parakeet is scared as would any untrained parakeet. When your bird bites you I would recommend lightly blowing on him, and he will probably look away. If he does bite you anyways though, try your best not to flinch or pull back. After a while of this, he will realise he aren't affected by his attack, and he won't do it -at least not to often-.

Re: I am having trouble with bitting #115415 07/12/06 07:36 PM
Keet Girl Offline
Purichan is right. If they ever are on your hand and bite give them a shake. A geantle one just so they losse their balancea little

"I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, and teach you all you have to do.
And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too. "
Re: I am having trouble with bitting #115416 07/12/06 08:03 PM
sixbirds Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Originally posted by Keet Girl:
Purichan is right. If they ever are on your hand and bite give them a shake. A geantle one just so they losse their balancea little
DONT GIVE THEM A SHAKE..thats how i trained my hamsters, but it DOES NOT work with keets..they will bite harder and more often..you have to get their trust..penny was biting me for a while, but i just ignored the pain and he stopped biting..hed bite me and id gently pet him. he trusts me now..but he is still a chicken..DO NOT RETALIATE AGAINST A PARAKEET!! THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM TO STOP IS TO GAIN THEIR TRUST AND LIKE PURICHAN SAID, make them think that their biting doesnt hurt.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site