Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: to clip or not to clip #113419 11/06/05 05:38 AM
Rick & Gebo Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Sorry... typo.

Cosmos is still up?

I think I have one of the few early birds around here. wink Gebo has been asleep since 4:45PM when the sun went down.

I was at a pet store tonight getting a rope perch for Gebo's second cage and it was really weird to see all the keets up and active. I get so use to him crashing early that I forget he is probably the exception.

I don't care for bright room lighting and keep my place nice and subdued at night, so little Geeb just goes to sleep.

In a way it is good since I can watch my movies or play my video games without all of his noises distracting me. wink

[]Rick - Gebo's Human Provider - Seattle, WA.
Re: to clip or not to clip #113420 11/06/05 05:44 AM
Alyssa Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Yes, but hes going to bed in..15 minutes. 12. Hes still very hyper, but I put him to bed then anyway. I stay up late and sleep late, so Cosmo has gotten into my sleeping patterns. He wakes up around 11-12 in the afternoon and is up till 12 at the lastest at night.

R.I.P Elkie
Nov. 04 - Jul. 05
Your life was short lived but I hope you were very happy.
Re: to clip or not to clip #113421 11/06/05 05:50 AM
La Sierra Madre Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
i am an early bird. sierra and i wake up around six and go to bed around eight for her and ten for me. like Alyssa said, they coordinate their schedules and napping times with you smile
i'm sorry about elkie, as far as personality she sounded a lot like sierra.
sierra's flight feathers are growing in now like i said... one full on on each side and then a half on the right side.

Re: to clip or not to clip #113422 11/06/05 05:51 AM
Rick & Gebo Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I remember from that video you posted a few weeks ago how active he always seems to be.

Does he ever just sit still and rest?

Gebo goes through stages all day. He will sit there all quiet for about an hour, then all of a sudden he starts looking around real fast and squawking, and that is when he starts yanking on his Cocoswing or his other toys, or holds on to the cage door wanting to come out. Almost like someone flips a switch on him and he starts going.

I remember you mentioning the schedule adaptation thing Sierra. It is a good thing that they do that, or it would be tough trying to work with them.

I imagine that if I kept the room real bright, Gebo would probably stay up longer, but since he is so near the big sliding glass door with our nice view from the third floor, he seems to follow the rising and setting of the sun. (West facing place too)

[]Rick - Gebo's Human Provider - Seattle, WA.
Re: to clip or not to clip #113423 11/06/05 05:56 AM
lamont Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
sunshine is kind of calm but then again she does laps around the room sometimes

SNOOPY
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site