Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Almost... #108365 01/10/07 04:19 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I went to Petsmart today and they had an albino budgie! I almost got her but it looked like she may have mites, plus I really can't get another bird or two until I know the sex of my two new birds and get the new cage in the mail. Awww she was sooo cute!

Re: Almost... #108366 01/10/07 05:48 PM
Princess Belle Offline
Regular
Regular
What are the signs and symptoms of mites? Did you tell a store employee?

I went to Petco on the 4th and too saw an albino budgie and I had to take her home. So glad she is a character. She gets in the corner of her cage with one leg on each side and flips forward upside down. It looks like it would hurt but she loves doing this. Almost comical, we call her our little gymnast. Her name is Snowball. She is alone right now in my bedroom under quarantine. She has her wings clipped- thankfully, training the other 2 without has been hard.

My husband fell in love with her right away and asked if she could be his bird, I said "NO!" mean huh? well I am the one training her day and night.

Why are you waiting until you know the gender, are you planning on breeding?

Keets: SweetPea & Jade adopted 11/15/06 newest member SnowBall 1/07
Cats: Shadow 12/00 & Tommy 7/05
Beta: Bubba
Dog: Duke 12/98
Re: Almost... #108367 01/10/07 06:00 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I told the woman at the register and she said she'd tell someone, but I may call the manager today. The bird was itching its face like crazy and looked to have a little "bald" patch... I could be wrong, but she looked pretty scruffy.

Yes, I am planning on breeding my DEC to get more (s/he is all white with dark eyes and they're very rare). I have been calling around breeders in the area to try and find another DEC, and have found one guy who breeds them so far. I hope to get on the waiting list for one of his if possible. smile

Congratulations on your albino, I think they are so pretty! If I had the space I probably would have brought this lil one home despite the gender and possible mite thing! I'd just take her to a vet ASAP as mites are pretty easily treatable. But I don't have an extra cage for her to quarantine her in yet...

Re: Almost... #108368 01/10/07 06:41 PM
Fabutam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally posted by TigerBluEyez:
Yes, I am planning on breeding my DEC to get more (s/he is all white with dark eyes and they're very rare).
OHHH!! REALLY??? ALL white birdies with black eyes are rare?? I guess you live in America or Canada? If you were near me, and if you found out your baby was a girly, my Caleb could have FINALLY got some action!! LOL laugh
He is an all white budgie with black eyes, and he is a randy little poo-head!! ALL day, EVERY day!! Bless him!! I would SO love to breed from him, he is a clever little thing, PLUS I can imagine your baby teaching him to swing under his branch and my baby teaching yours to say "SHEXY"!!! LOL laugh

Re: Almost... #108369 01/10/07 09:35 PM
ILoveMyKeets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
LOL Princess Belle I just got an Albino on Christmas day and she was doing the same exact thing you were talking about and It looked to me as if it would hurt but she kept doing it like it was nothing. I am glad to find out someones elses bird does that too and an Albino like mine smile

Blue Aug 06(Rip7-28-07)
Kikko Aug 06
Jinx Sept 06
Marley Oct 06
Lola Oct 06
Sunshine Dec 06
Angel X-Mas 06
Re: Almost... #108370 01/10/07 09:39 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I live in the US. I am pretty sure it is a girl! Ship Caleb to me! Just kidding! LoL.

Re: Almost... #108371 01/10/07 10:35 PM
Fabutam Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Haha!!! Careful because if Mr Caleb keeps on regurgitating at the rate he has been I might just do that!!! laugh LOL!! (I am SO joking so please noone call the animal police on me!!) laugh

Re: Almost... #108372 01/10/07 10:44 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
LOL!

Re: Almost... #108373 01/10/07 11:45 PM
Robyn Offline
Companion
Companion
My Butter does that flip too, but only when she's in the cage alone. I told her to cut back on the drinking, or she's gonna make a monkey out of herself! Anybody notice how Butter and Belle look like twins?

Robyn

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by latinkaone - 06/06/22 08:53 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site