Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
New Keet - Georgie! #105406 07/11/06 12:11 AM
B
Blue Rain Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
B
Yay! I'm so happy I have another bird. Just a million yay!

We got Georgie Friday afternoon from a shop in Saline, MI, where we got my grandmother's bird. He's approximately 3-4 months old, and he's very chirpy and vocal even though he's still settling down.

The cat hasn't been too much of an issue, either. When we first got Georgie into his cage (he jumped right in, no hesitation), Merlin heard his chirping and he came running - the fat was bobbing on this cat he was running so fast. I got him square between the eyes with the squirt gun laugh . After a few more hits on various parts of his body, he was content to stay out of the sitting area.

I've caught him sitting and fixating on the bird a few times, and have firmly persuaded him to leave. I also caught him on the the ice box that the cage is on looking at the bird, but I hauled him out of there by the scruff of the neck and threw him 20ft across the kitchen. Right now he needs is a "Merlin..." for him to ignore the bird on his way to the potty.

We're taking precautions with this bird - if I have to leave the house and no one's home to watch the bird, I take him upstairs to my room, close my door and my sister's door, and turn on Animal Planet until I get back. That damn cat is always outside my door when I get back, though, and he sticks his paws underneath the door when I have Georgie out in my room. I thwaped him on his paw with a heavy book the first time, and it seems to have gotten the message across for now.

Okay, no more babbling. Keetie pictures!
[Linked Image]

Rest of Pictures

Quick video of Georgie

Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105407 07/11/06 12:20 AM
Keet Girl Offline
So cute smile

"I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, and teach you all you have to do.
And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too. "
Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105408 07/11/06 12:32 AM
Replacment Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
adorable :]. Love the name

Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105409 07/11/06 01:06 AM
Jojo Beans Offline
Companion
Companion
Don't hurt the cat, it's only his nature. Just close the door. But Georgie is cute. ^^*

Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105410 07/11/06 03:19 AM
Mira Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
very cute litter bird good luck!

Clumsy Chico Coco Kiki Mimi Pauly Daisy Chiquito Choko Poofito Mellow Breezy Toby Puffen
Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105411 07/11/06 04:09 AM
R
ReggieTheBudgie Offline
Friend
Friend
R
As adorable as your bird is...I am VERY bothered by your hurling the cat across the kitchen, thumping its paw with a heavy book etc. You CANNOT teach a cat not to act like a cat. Whenever your cat has opportunity, he will want to get to the bird, no matter how much you beat him up. The poor thing will always do what comes to him naturally and you cannot change that. Your job is to make sure he doesn't get the opportunity. That's all you can do.

Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105412 07/11/06 03:31 PM
B
Blue Rain Offline OP
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
B
Originally posted by ReggieTheBudgie:
As adorable as your bird is...I am VERY bothered by your hurling the cat across the kitchen, thumping its paw with a heavy book etc. You CANNOT teach a cat not to act like a cat. Whenever your cat has opportunity, he will want to get to the bird, no matter how much you beat him up. The poor thing will always do what comes to him naturally and you cannot change that. Your job is to make sure he doesn't get the opportunity. That's all you can do.
Yeah, that did sound kind of bad, huh?

Just let me assure you, I do not abuse my cat wink . In fact, the only type of abuse we subject this feline to in my family is molestation - we're known to grab him and kiss him smack on the face for endless hours (much to his obvious displeasure).

I guess I'm just pretty overzealous about this bird. The father finds it very entertaining to yell "Lisa, the cat's near the cage!" and watch me stampede into the kitchen with the squirt gun.

The 20ft is more of a 5ft distance from the sitting area to the actual kitchen, and the book was also only a 400 page paperback by Julia London.

Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105413 07/11/06 10:33 PM
Kait Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
Cute Bird smile I too love the name. He looks like my Charlie!

<3Andy,Charlie,Sunny&Emmie<3
Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105414 07/11/06 10:41 PM
ABILoveBirdies Offline
Friend
Friend
what a cute bird and i know how it is keeping your cat away from the birds and sometimes i need to kick him out the dor if he starts thinking about my birds and supper at the same time lol.

Come too_______________Its an bird/animal forum too, come visit
Re: New Keet - Georgie! #105415 07/12/06 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I use a squirt bottle and a very loud firm NO! to my cats, they know, but they can't help themselves. You knew you had a cat when you got the bird.
George is very pretty, I love greenies. Please go easy on your kitty. Don't make him jealous of the bird.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by latinkaone - 06/06/22 08:53 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site