Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104822 06/09/06 12:16 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Lemon's dad I bet you will be just as bad as the rest of us bird spoilers. My husband by the way thinks he has one up on me lately because he has Tiki climbing all over him (she is a little traitor ignoring her mommy)
There are just all sorts of things you can make for your bird do you have tools? If you have a table saw you can do lots of things if not even a hand saw will work. A drill is also nice to have. If not if you know someone who has those things and like to make things maybe you can talk them into doing some stuff for you. Take them pictures if they are good at wood work they should be able to figure it out.
Another idea if you have a tech school in your city the wood shop classes may even do something for you or check with the high school in your area maybe a student would do something for your birds these are just different ideas that popped into my head You would probably have to pay a little but could end up with something very nice.

My name is Connie
Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104823 06/09/06 01:41 AM
TigerBluEyez Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Here's Sammy's new cage, which he seems to be getting used to just great. Putting it together wasn't easy, since it came with no instructions, but what do you want for a penny on e-bay???

[Linked Image]

Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104824 06/09/06 07:01 AM
Nesianise Offline
Regular
Regular
I love all of your cages!! Ok, I feel horrible about my set up now.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I seen corn hanging in one of the cages. I've been wanting to give some to my keets but I'm not sure if I should boil it or not.

TigerBluEyes, did you really get yours for only a penny on ebay? (shipping included of course) but wow!! I'm jealous! LOL.

Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104825 06/09/06 08:31 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
It was a penny, and then the shipping was $30.88, so I paid $30.89 total. It's a great cage, and gives Sammy SO much more room to play! It's nearly twice as high as the one he was in before (which costs $30 at Petco!), plus much wider. It took about an hour to put together because it came with no instructions, but it turned out really well.
He seems to like it so far, but he's a little more afraid of me now because the move wasn't easy (I "shooed" him into the new cage a bit with my hands, so I think that scared him a bit). He doesn't really mind my hand in the cage, but he definitely scoots away from it if I get too close, so I kinda have to start over with gaining his trust a bit. Wish me luck!

Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104826 06/10/06 03:43 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
My birds eat the corn both ways they seem to like it raw the best. Don't leave over night I give it to them usually in the morning and remove early evening they love it.

My name is Connie
Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104827 06/12/06 02:15 AM
Nesianise Offline
Regular
Regular
Thank you laugh

Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104828 06/12/06 02:46 AM
chirpy Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I see that the corn is hanging from top of the cage. Do you birds have to jump and hold on to the corn while trying to eat it? It seems that have to "work" for their food smile I am also thinking of giving corn to my birds, but I am debating whether it is better to give them the raw ones or the ones from the can. They also sell baby corns in cans and I might try that too.

Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104829 06/12/06 01:14 PM
Carlyn Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
wow, seeing all those cages makes me want to rearrange my birds cage...nice cages ^_^ well heres a pic of mine...it may not be the best but its wide enough

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

MY BIRDS:Topsie,Peeps,Snape,& Hedwig
R.I.P
Topsie 3-10-06
Radar 5-8-06
Hamtaro 8-4-06
Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104830 06/12/06 03:30 PM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
carlyn we have the same cage my mom has her two birds in it. She won't let me do anything with her cage she also has the perch that goes the length of the cage. I feel it would be better to have a perch on each side of the cage that way they could fly back and forth. Do you let your birds out flying. My mom would not let me take her birds out for the longest time and they kind of flew in place like humming birds. Well I finally got her to let me take them in my room I let them out while I take their cage in bathroom and clean it it gives them a little fly time and exercise. I do this everyother day with them. Its sort of fun getting them out of their cage they don't want to so you have to sit with door open and a perch set up on the outside of the door they finally get brave enough to come out. The first few times they just kind of flew in place now they are flying better.

My name is Connie
Re: Can you guys post pictures of your cage layouts? #104831 06/13/06 10:00 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Here's a better quality picture I just took of the new cage:

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site