I discovered 'reborn' dolls quite recently, when I was browsing ebay.

I like dolls. I don't collect them, but I find it hard to take my daughter's Barbies to the charity shop, and, if someone hadn't stolen my childhood dolls a few years ago, I would still have them now.

My daughter's baby dolls haven't gone, though. I'm not sure that I could part with them. And, when I used to hold the most realistic one, I did hold it just like a real baby, and I found myself rocking it, as I used to do with my children when they were tiny. It was quite pleasant and soothing. I can understand childless women finding some comfort in one of these.

I have not bought any 'reborns', I must point out, I just looked at the pictures and showed them to my Mum. I joked that when I got old, I'd buy some for company!

I still think that many of them are really beautiful ~ but I also think that there is something just a little spooky about them, too.

I'm guessing that they are used in films in place of real babies and that's a valid place for them. I doubt that many little girls play with them.

What do you think about them?

I've added links below and you can find them on ebay, too.
As you can see, it's a thriving business!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.