Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#315912 - 07/31/08 08:02 PM Breeding a Parakeet Cross???
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: sharon renee
i have a male and female parakeet whom were breeding they had like 3 clutches and so i wanted them to stop for a while .i separated the birds ,put my male in with my parrolet who is used to him and has also bonded for years about 2 to be exact. but i come in the other day and they were breeding .i know ppl say this wont happen but i witnesed it and hes a proven breeder .however ive not bred a parrolet before and dont know if this would take .i was told they wouldnt even try to breed .but he was doing her just like he did the female parakeet that layed fertilized eggs and hatched .does anyone know if this will take ive heard of a lorikeet but dont know of any other mix with a parakeet and if not can you explain to me why not or give me some info please......

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=315902#Post315902

Edited by PDM (07/31/08 08:02 PM)

Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Twitter Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Facebook Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to MySpace Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Del.icio.us Digg Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Yahoo My Web Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Google Bookmarks Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Stumbleupon Add Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Reddit
#315918 - 07/31/08 08:10 PM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: PDM]
goatshows Offline
Regular

is a parrolet the same as a love bird?

Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Twitter Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Facebook Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to MySpace Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Reddit
#315926 - 07/31/08 08:26 PM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: goatshows]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
This is Sharon's other post:

Quote:
hello ,i just wanted to say im new here and that im looking for saome info .well first of all i have 2 keets whom have had 3 clutches ,ive separated they from being able to physically touch one another they are in same room across from each other.so i put my male in with my other bird whom happens to be a parrolet who has been in and out of cage with him for 2 years and the 2 of them have bonded and get along very well.however i came in a week or so ago and caught the 2 of them mating .i know pple say they wont even try ,however if i hadnt witnesed it id said the same.he was doing the same as he did with the female keet .but someone told me he was just being dominant ,they kiss all the time sleep side by side and even feed each other and have done this for about 2 years.but my real question is whether or not she may have got fertilised and if you think it will take because i was told they will mix with a lory .but will they a parrolet

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=315903#Post315903

Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Twitter Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Facebook Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to MySpace Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? to Reddit
#315954 - 07/31/08 09:38 PM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: PDM]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
Welcome to the forums Sharon. No, they can't produce babies with other species. It's impossible. They can't breed with a Lory. I don't know why anyone would have told you that.

GoatShows, no, they are very different. Parrotlet: http://mysterypicklesparrots.com/Parrotlet%20-%20Baby%20Green%20Male.jpg Lovebirds: http://petcaretips.net/lovebird.jpg

#316743 - 08/04/08 06:30 AM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: goatshows]
micheel Offline

Yes, the parrot is same as the love birds. The Only differnce is Love Birds are seen in numerous colors, but the parrots are not seen much.

----------
micheel
social media marketing

#316748 - 08/04/08 07:56 AM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: micheel]
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: n.y
welcome to the forum.it is never advised to mix spices for that reason.they look different to me then love birds.sounds like you have a real stud on your hands.look out girls we have a lover on the forum.he,he when you have time we would love to see pictures of your bird family.

#319664 - 08/15/08 04:54 AM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: micheel]
Jessica Rawks Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Originally Posted By: micheel
Yes, the parrot is same as the love birds. The Only differnce is Love Birds are seen in numerous colors, but the parrots are not seen much.

----------
micheel
social media marketing

Ummm....no. Parrotlets and lovies are two different species of bird.

#320151 - 08/16/08 08:08 PM Re: Breeding a Parakeet Cross??? [Re: Jessica Rawks]
LLPB Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Michigan
no, different species cannot produce a fertile clutch successfully.

And parrotlets and lovebirds are totally different. My skittles is a lovebird.

I LOVE Skittles!

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
11/27/14 03:35 PM
to clip the wings or not clip the wings?
by Lisa Shea
11/27/14 03:33 PM
Fake It Until You Make It
by Lisa Shea
11/27/14 03:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
by Lisa Shea
11/27/14 03:30 PM
Photos Recreating Paintings
by Lisa Shea
11/26/14 02:46 PM
Getting a cockatiel for christmas...
by stacie01872
11/26/14 08:06 AM
Cages for parakeet
by stacie01872
11/26/14 08:02 AM
cockatiel sings if you're happy and you know it
by stacie01872
11/26/14 07:13 AM
blood on the underside of the wings
by stacie01872
11/26/14 07:09 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/25/14 09:51 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site